2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

As much as I am trying to keep away from all these QB moves it is impossible. Every time I turn the computer on there is another media jerk telling me were all the QBs are going. My only hope is we don't lose our #1 draft pick we need that pick it's for the Offensive line only. I still have a feeling that Woody & Joe Douglas, are going to bail us out of this mess we are in. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

As much as I am trying to keep away from all these QB moves it is impossible. Every time I turn the computer on there is another media jerk telling me were all the QBs are going. My only hope is we don't lose our #1 draft pick we need that pick it's for the Offensive line only. I still have a feeling that Woody & Joe Douglas, are going to bail us out of this mess we are in. 

I'm with you, as for all the Aaron Rodgers talk, I will believe it when I see it but I have my doubts and all these crazy Jets fans will go into a depression if AR is not the Jets QB. The Jets are good enough talent wise to compete against anyone even with a good and not great QB. There are no QB's in the AFC like AR or Mahomes that they should be concerned about. 

Someone like Carr in the AFC East would be the Alpha male, and the Jets would be instant playoff contenders, they don't need AR. AR is no doubt a rung above Carr and would catapult the Jets not only into playoff contenders but possible S.B. contenders.

Likewise if we trade for Rodgers forget about FA signings, there will be a total overhaul of the entire team including cutting players with crazy contracts. They may even have to franchise Q for a year in order to sign a guy like AR.

Is AR a one year signing OR is he going to give the Jets 3 years? The guy at best is unpredictable, is his word worth anything?

The Soap Opera that is the N.Y.J. continues

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

But I do believe the FO when they say they’re keeping Wilson. I think we get a vet and keep Wilson as our only backup. Maybe we grab someone late or UDFA on the PS. And they’re our 3td guy hats never active. The good news for us is that if we do go Rodgers or Carr. They pretty much never miss time. Now we go the Jimmy G route and Wilson is playing in 2023. Which appears would have his teammates more upset than us as fans. 😉 

Agree with the FO keeping Zach. We already made the investment and he has the physical tools, it behooves this team to turn him into an effective NFL QB. I also would not rely solely on Zach. If there is a day 3 QB that interests JD, draft him and let the rook and Zach battle it out.

His teammates need to keep their mouths shut. Especially Wilson. He looks like he is on the road to diva status. Praise publicly and ***** slap privately. Wilson needs to learn this.  Aside from Wilson and his big mouth, not so sure others dislike him personally. As a QB I am sure they think like us fans do.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Why?  Who has he “developed”?  What makes you think he is any good?

He was in a high power O for a few years and was a VERY hot canidate for HC job. Working under Bruce he probably has learned a lot about QB's and how to put them in postion to do well. Remember he was a QB too so he knows what it takes to get to a Tom Brady level by watching what he did all this time in Tampa. Brady was in the running for MVP last year too. 

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Or maybe both White and Wilson suck.

Irrelevant to my point as usual. 

Players should behave this way. Pouting, only caring about their stats, going on twitter saying the touchdown wasn’t on them it was on their teammate. All that needs to stop. And it has nothing to do with QB play.

I’ll wait for you to insult me or Wilson now. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Rodgers will be a Raider, everything seems to be shifting towards that. 

Douglas I would assume has a plan in place to land Carr, if he’s choice #2.

I think Rodgers is having fun with all this. Once Bardy got done that threw the Raiders in on Rodgers. Rodgers will be a Jet or Raider if he comes back. If the Jets miss expect Carr. The Jets are going to get one of them. I hate the Jimmy G idea all together. If the Jets over pay for one this has Woody all over it. If we get one at a great deal it is JD. When Woody steps in everything seems to fall apart. 

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Irrelevant to my point as usual. 

Players should behave this way. Pouting, only caring about their stats, going on twitter saying the touchdown wasn’t on them it was on their teammate. All that needs to stop. And it has nothing to do with QB play.

I’ll wait for you to insult me or Wilson now. Thanks.

Wilson was trash. White was trash. So my statement stands and holds validity with facts.

I don’t like players taking to social media either. But we can pout about it or accept that’s what the nfl and world is these days. Only teams you don’t see doing it are teams that win AND have a QB. We have neither. Therefore that will be part of the team until we start winning and get a QB. Yes when we were winning Moore still complained. But we still didn’t have a QB (he went 4 games with 4 catches, 2 straight with no targets or catches). Not at all pro him complaining. But if he had a competent OC and QB, I’d have to figure he’d get targets in those games. And he wouldn’t have been as vocal about it. Come to find out his issue was with MLF not Wilson. But regardless…. Winning alone won’t keep everyone quiet.

Not sure if you’ve ever played a game at a high level where the main person on the team held you back. It gets frustrating. And these are guys with the highest levels of competitiveness. Not just HS and college kids frustrated with their QB, Pitcher, Goalie, etc. In a social media world to think nothing gets said isn’t happening.

We want that talk to stop. Get a QB and start winning.

100% agree that LV is probably our biggest threat for Rodgers. A lot for him to like there with his relationship with Adams, a top TE in Waller and a great RB in Jacobs.

Where he have the HUGE edge if he’s looking for a championship. Is our defense. Our WR group as a whole is better than LVs (I have GW as a top 10 WR if we have Rodgers throwing to him). Waller is better than anyone we have and Moreau isn’t bad either. But we don’t have scrubs at TE with Conklin and Uzo. That’s a top 10 TE group if not higher (especially if we upgrade at OL and they don’t have to stay in and block as often). And Jacobs’s had a great year. But I still like our RB room more.

So as a roster I like us better if he’s looking to win. Also keep in mind we aren’t in the same division with KC, LA and DEN. His path to winning a division is easier with us (still not easy, but easier). 

4 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

👀

He’s getting tagged regardless. What tag is the question. Exclusive means he’s there’s pretty much. And delays the contract talks until July. Non exclusive means he can look for another deal and the trade value is 2 1st rounders for him. This all has to happen before 3/7. So it will be before FA opens.

Still want nothing to do with him. He’s a great talent… don’t get me wrong. But to have to give up at least 2 1st rounders along with making him maybe the highest paid QB in the NFL? No thank you.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Wilson was trash. White was trash. So my statement stands and holds validity with facts.

I don’t like players taking to social media either. But we can pout about it or accept that’s what the nfl and world is these days. Only teams you don’t see doing it are teams that win AND have a QB. We have neither. Therefore that will be part of the team until we start winning and get a QB. Yes when we were winning Moore still complained. But we still didn’t have a QB (he went 4 games with 4 catches, 2 straight with no targets or catches). Not at all pro him complaining. But if he had a competent OC and QB, I’d have to figure he’d get targets in those games. And he wouldn’t have been as vocal about it. Come to find out his issue was with MLF not Wilson. But regardless…. Winning alone won’t keep everyone quiet.

Not sure if you’ve ever played a game at a high level where the main person on the team held you back. It gets frustrating. And these are guys with the highest levels of competitiveness. Not just HS and college kids frustrated with their QB, Pitcher, Goalie, etc. In a social media world to think nothing gets said isn’t happening.

We want that talk to stop. Get a QB and start winning.

Your statements are irrelevant to my point about our players being immature and selfish. They are. 

Wilson and White playing bad doesn't change that. 

Gardner going on twitter blaming his teammates for touchdowns given up has ZERO to do with White or Wilson. 

Elijah Moore wanting touches so he can "feed his family" is selfish, especially during a win streak.

Garrett pouting on the field showing up teammates is selfish, period. 

As for me playing a game at a high level, I played basketball from age 6 til this very day including for one of the best high schools in my state and went to play low division 1 then division 2 basketball. Was every teammate perfect? no, did guys have rough patches? yes, were my coaches all perfect? no but I went through those same issues of being imperfect on the court and having rough stretches and I supported every single of my teammates, never criticized my coaches decisions, never showed up a teammate, never let my frustration be bigger than my teams goals. I'm a TEAM guy not a ME guy so miss me with that nonsense. They're fake leaders just like Adams was and we seen that from day 1. Being a leader isn't just about speaking and criticizing guys publicly. Leaders know how to reach individual and help them get where they need to go but showing up a teammate cause he made a mistake is never gonna help him get better. 

But everyone isn't me and that's fine but I'll be damned if I wont acknowledge how selfish and self centered some of these dudes are just because yall like them.