2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s getting tagged regardless. What tag is the question. Exclusive means he’s there’s pretty much. And delays the contract talks until July. Non exclusive means he can look for another deal and the trade value is 2 1st rounders for him. This all has to happen before 3/7. So it will be before FA opens.

Still want nothing to do with him. He’s a great talent… don’t get me wrong. But to have to give up at least 2 1st rounders along with making him maybe the highest paid QB in the NFL? No thank you.

Even with all that its still 

Lamar >>>>>>>>> Carr, Jimmy, Tannehill etc for me

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Your statements are irrelevant to my point about our players being immature and selfish. They are. 

Wilson and White playing bad doesn't change that. 

Gardner going on twitter blaming his teammates for touchdowns given up has ZERO to do with White or Wilson. 

Elijah Moore wanting touches so he can "feed his family" is selfish, especially during a win streak.

Garrett pouting on the field showing up teammates is selfish, period. 

As for me playing a game at a high level, I played basketball from age 6 til this very day including for one of the best high schools in my state and went to play low division 1 then division 2 basketball. Was every teammate perfect? no, did guys have rough patches? yes, were my coaches all perfect? no but I went through those same issues of being imperfect on the court and having rough stretches and I supported every single of my teammates, never criticized my coaches decisions, never showed up a teammate, never let my frustration be bigger than my teams goals. I'm a TEAM guy not a ME guy so miss me with that nonsense. They're fake leaders just like Adams was and we seen that from day 1. Being a leader isn't just about speaking and criticizing guys publicly. Leaders know how to reach individual and help them get where they need to go but showing up a teammate cause he made a mistake is never gonna help him get better. 

But everyone isn't me and that's fine but I'll be damned if I wont acknowledge how selfish and self centered some of these dudes are just because yall like them. 

Perfectly said. Certain players can look like great leaders when the going is good and things are clicking. It’s when it breaks down that real leaders and personalities come through. Not just players but coaches too. Talk is cheap and all the lovely slogans are cute but we need real winners and real personalities. 

I was very much a team player too. Sometimes to my own detriment. But my teammates knew I’d be there regardless if we were winning, losing or having a scrap in the tunnel. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Your statements are irrelevant to my point about our players being immature and selfish. They are. 

Wilson and White playing bad doesn't change that. 

Gardner going on twitter blaming his teammates for touchdowns given up has ZERO to do with White or Wilson. 

Elijah Moore wanting touches so he can "feed his family" is selfish, especially during a win streak.

Garrett pouting on the field showing up teammates is selfish, period. 

As for me playing a game at a high level, I played basketball from age 6 til this very day including for one of the best high schools in my state and went to play low division 1 then division 2 basketball. Was every teammate perfect? no, did guys have rough patches? yes, were my coaches all perfect? no but I went through those same issues of being imperfect on the court and having rough stretches and I supported every single of my teammates, never criticized my coaches decisions, never showed up a teammate, never let my frustration be bigger than my teams goals. I'm a TEAM guy not a ME guy so miss me with that nonsense. They're fake leaders just like Adams was and we seen that from day 1. Being a leader isn't just about speaking and criticizing guys publicly. Leaders know how to reach individual and help them get where they need to go but showing up a teammate cause he made a mistake is never gonna help him get better. 

But everyone isn't me and that's fine but I'll be damned if I wont acknowledge how selfish and self centered some of these dudes are just because yall like them. 

And that’s great. I have that same be a great teammate type personality when playing sports. I was also more of a leader by production than a talker. Everyone leads different. I also wouldn’t exactly call Sauce, Wilson and Moore leaders of our team.

But as I said we also (I think you’re similar in age to me). Didn’t grow up in a social media era. These guys know only social media and take to Twitter, insta and such. I don’t like it either. But it’s part of the world now, not just sports. It’s not going away. Do I like Wilson complaining about his QB play? No. Is he free to do it on his personal social media? Yes he is. You think he’s doing that though if he has Rodgers at QB and we’re 10-3? I doubt it. 

We want those guys to only talk highly? Get them a QB and start winning. 

3 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I would love Lamar here. Not sure what his contract would look like but if it was possible then he’d be a superstar in NY. We are so starved for a qb that he would light it up imo

Lamar’s contract would look like him being likely the highest paid QB (or close to it), pretty much all Of it guaranteed (keep in mind he’s coming off injury and isn’t exactly an elite passer and won’t move the same as he gets older and hit more) and will cost at minimum 2 1st rounders as well. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

And that’s great. I have that same be a great teammate type personality when playing sports. I was also more of a leader by production than a talker. Everyone leads different. I also wouldn’t exactly call Sauce, Wilson and Moore leaders of our team.

But as I said we also (I think you’re similar in age to me). Didn’t grow up in a social media era. These guys know only social media and take to Twitter, insta and such. I don’t like it either. But it’s part of the world now, not just sports. It’s not going away. Do I like Wilson complaining about his QB play? No. Is he free to do it on his personal social media? Yes he is. You think he’s doing that though if he has Rodgers at QB and we’re 10-3? I doubt it. 

We want those guys to only talk highly? Get them a QB and start winning. 

I don’t think they care about winning honestly. Or at least they care more about their stats first then winning. That Athletic report said the receivers didn’t like the game plan being more run centric, this being during a win streak. Then you see their attitudes when they were getting their stats during the 6 game losing streak. Receivers are divas so it makes sense but it’s annoying we had a winning formula they weren’t happy with but supported throwing the ball 50 times and losing.

57 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think they care about winning honestly. Or at least they care more about their stats first then winning. That Athletic report said the receivers didn’t like the game plan being more run centric, this being during a win streak. Then you see their attitudes when they were getting their stats during the 6 game losing streak. Receivers are divas so it makes sense but it’s annoying we had a winning formula they weren’t happy with but supported throwing the ball 50 times and losing.

I can agree with that. But if they have a PROVEN QB they’re not going to challenge things as much. It’s easy to challenge the game-plan and QB when they’re not proven. It’s a lot harder to do that when it’s a Rodgers or Carr under center. I don’t think Moore is taking to social media and requesting a trade if we’re 7-3 and Rodgers is our QB for example

4 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

I would love Lamar here. Not sure what his contract would look like but if it was possible then he’d be a superstar in NY. We are so starved for a qb that he would light it up imo

Agreed. He's #1 on my list. A dream for me is adding him and a good #2 WR. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Agreed. He's #1 on my list. A dream for me is adding him and a good #2 WR. 

If we were to add Lamar. Having a elite not good OL is a bigger need. Dude will be a shell of himself in no time if he’s getting hit and injured every week and year. He’s done just fine in BAL with average WRs but an elite TE. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

If we were to add Lamar. Having a elite not good OL is a bigger need. Dude will be a shell of himself in no time if he’s getting hit and injured every week and year. He’s done just fine in BAL with average WRs but an elite TE. 

I disagree.

He can be fine with just a good oline. Someone like Rodgers at age 40 or Jimmy would need an elite oline. Mark isn't elite, he's a good TE though. He benefits off the fact that LBs can't cover him while keeping their eyes on LJ. Should he run less? Sure. If Hall's health isn't an issue, he won't have to run as much with us and we can provide WRs good enough to beat the average DBs. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Lamar's passing numbers over the last two seasons have been abysmal. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

We have to wonder how things would have change if we got the support for Geno Smith, after we drafted him in the high second round. BOBBT HAS BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS and he was right. This was our biggest mistake, and we are still paying for it.

yeah, shoulda held on to him for 9 years

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar's passing numbers over the last two seasons have been abysmal. 

Exactly. I want nothing to do with him. The draft picks, contract he'd command, with his playing style, doesn't equal up for me. And I totally get why BAL is hesitant to pay him. But after all that's their own doing. When they drafted him they hoped this situation would happen. And now here we are.