2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Not against Tannehill tbh but we’d definitely need to find the developmental guy either this year or next

Would have to do the exact same thing with Rodgers

Might as well with Carr also. Knowing this fanbase, the hot topic next offseason will be how fast we can get out of his contract.

• Like 1

Just now, Heymangold said:

Yet somehow if you had Rodgers, Carr or Tannehill on this team last year, they’re probably winning 11 games.

That’s just like…not true

Or at least we can’t prove it one way or another. 

Remember when benching Zach gave us the best chance to win and then we went 1-6 down the stretch? Sometimes change doesn’t result in what we think it will. 

My biggest concerns with Carr, put into perspective in a glaring way.. 

He's a boxscore QB. In a vacuum his numbers look great, but compiling empty stats in a losing effort doesn't mean anything. Kirk Cousins has been criticized for it his entire career, and rightfully so, he can't figure out how to win big games. Some guys can't. People who didn't watch Flacco this season told us he was our best option - absurd, and yet you can understand why seeing 300yds/game might create a misleading perception.

My opinion of Carr has never coincided with the stats he's accumulated, likely because when I've watched the Raiders play (big games), he's fallen flat. Again, similar to how I view Cousins.

I did a bit more digging.. there are 25 active QBs who have faced at least 10 opponents that went on to have a winning record, the only ones with a worse win percentage than Carr (.237) are Darnold (.235), Bridgewater (.222), Cousins (.200), Daniel Jones (.187) and Stafford (.132) - of those 5, you can't really count Darnold/Jones (Small sample size, mostly includes their first/second season which is to be expected) and Teddy is a career backup. For comparison, Rodgers and Jimmy G both rank in the top-5.

Cold weather thing is a known issue, but hadn't actually seen his record. 

• Like 1