2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

19 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I assume Carr is visiting the Jets becasue he could see himself as a jet. If Carr did not want to be a jet why would he waste his time going there?

I think it will be the Jets, Saints, Bucs, or Panthers for Carr. The Jets just hired Todd Downing who is DC's boy so I'm sure that helps. 

The timeline should be perhaps tomorrow or Wednesday hearing about Rodgers decision. If it’s a trade then we can act fast. No traction. Go very aggressive for Carr. And that would be right after his visit so fresh in his mind. Now he very well might want to go visit 2-3 more teams before he makes a decision. But the timeline isn’t bad for us.

I do feel like we have them both as our 1st and 2nd option. And don’t really “want” To get to options 3 and 4. So we will be aggressive.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

The timeline should be perhaps tomorrow or Wednesday hearing about Rodgers decision. If it’s a trade then we can act fast. No traction. Go very aggressive for Carr. And that would be right after his visit so fresh in his mind. Now he very well might want to go visit 2-3 more teams before he makes a decision. But the timeline isn’t bad for us.

I do feel like we have them both as our 1st and 2nd option. And don’t really “want” To get to options 3 and 4. So we will be aggressive.

OK I am on board.with your thinking! I am not sure about your timetable, I think it is going to take longer.  I sure you are right & i am  wrong. Because this QB thing is driving me nuts.

19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

OK I am on board.with your thinking! I am not sure about your timetable, I think it is going to take longer.  I sure you are right & i am  wrong. Because this QB thing is driving me nuts.

I think either Carr sighs somewhere or Rodgers is traded (or even both) by next Monday.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Has everybody had enough of all these hypothetical trades & moves by all these sports media guys who don't know what they are talking about.

Nope, because I never listen to those *** hats.  The are dart throwers.  Throw a dart enough times and you're bound to get a bullseye.

All we can do now is sit and wait for some other player or team to make a move.

I'd prefer us be the ice breaker and make everyone else respond to our moves.

The worst thing that could happen is for this quest for a QB liligers on for weeks or even for a month.

As of right now, we can only negotiate with Carr and Green Bay.  All the other QB's are FA's who we can't speak to until March 13 with official signings beginning March 15.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on this. Hopefully, we will not have to wait until March to hear we have a new (or cranky old guy whose thumb is barely attached to his hand yet he played through it) QB.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree here 100% I want nothing to with option 3 and 4. That just can NOT happen. You come out with Carr or Rodgers you made this team a fdeep playoff team. Too many good young players that want to win right now. Hall is saying some great stuff and I think he is going to be a top 3 RB in the league for the next few years. That is HUGE. Then you have GW and Sauce being the best rookies on each side of the ball. I mean you can go on and on. I think the Jets are tops on all these QB lists. I think Carr knows that if Rodgers gets trade to another team or does not play (I think he plays)  then Carr signs. I don't think Carr minds either because it is Aaron Rodgers. 

57 minutes ago, xrade said:

Nope, because I never listen to those *** hats.  The are dart throwers.  Throw a dart enough times and you're bound to get a bullseye.

I'd prefer us be the ice breaker and make everyone else respond to our moves.

As of right now, we can only negotiate with Carr and Green Bay.  All the other QB's are FA's who we can't speak to until March 13 with official signings beginning March 15.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on this. Hopefully, we will not have to wait until March to hear we have a new (or cranky old guy whose thumb is barely attached to his hand yet he played through it) QB.

You’re correct. And it’d be nice to have one of those 2 already a Jet pre FA that can only help us build the roster. We become A LOT more enticing with either of them at QB to sell FAs as a win now team.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Carr knows that if Rodgers gets trade to another team or does not play (I think he plays)  then Carr signs. I don't think Carr minds either because it is Aaron Rodgers. 

Carr's a diva and super emotional so I don't think he'll want to be option B or to wait on Rodgers to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's a diva and super emotional so I don't think he'll want to be option B or to wait on Rodgers to be honest. 

Well, a few teams will wait a little bit longer to see if Rodgers is a go.  That means Carr won't see contract(s) until then.  I am pretty sure if contract is there and Carr will take it immediately.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Well, a few teams will wait a little bit longer to see if Rodgers is a go.  That means Carr won't see contract(s) until then.  I am pretty sure if contract is there and Carr will take it immediately.

Ya we have no report as to what Carr wants contract wise. That’s a big thing that really hasn’t been a toooc. He might be asking for something crazy. Making a Rodgers trade not as bad.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya we have no report as to what Carr wants contract wise. That’s a big thing that really hasn’t been a toooc. He might be asking for something crazy. Making a Rodgers trade not as bad.

Very good chance that we won't know until he signs contract.  Media will be furious for lacking of speculation on his part. lol.