2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Anyone else getting nervous lol. If this doesn't get done I think we all know we're pretty screwed next year with Carr gone. Can't imagine how JD/Saleh are feeling.

LOL I keep looking for updates. All i know so far is the crew is flying back. I hope when they land they talk to the media and tell them Rodgers will be a Jet. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

The deal is done, no need to worry. It was always happening. 

Agreed, it's a matter of when not if.  GB wants it, NYJ want it, and Rodgers wants one more ring which we can offer the chance at.  It makes too much sense not to happen.

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Yup it is a deal. They are moving money around. I bet in the next few hours you will see some cuts too maybe a Lawson cut. Rodgers is coming and probably be come out by tonight what all the details are. I bet there is no first round pick being moved. I think a drop from 13 to 15 is part of the trade with a second round pick next year. I think it will be very cheap. I also think GB will eat some of the cap hit. This trade is looking more and more like a salary cap dump trade. GB wants to rebuild now not next year. 

Logically, that doesn't make any sense for Green Bay.  Why would they eat cap AND accept a lower return?

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Even if Rodgers, wants to be a Jet, this deal will take a week or two. First what do the Packers want for Rodgers, its not what we want to give them it's what they want. So this thinking that we have all the leverage is pure BS.

Neither side has leverage.  The Jets are the only known suitor for now, and the Jets' fallback options should they strike out with Rodgers is Jimmy G and a bunch of dog crap.  Neither side is "winning" this battle.

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Logically, that doesn't make any sense for Green Bay.  Why would they eat cap AND accept a lower return?

GB wants him out. In years past GB bent over backwards to keep him around and play his mind games. The cap hit is huge to GB and they will not trade him to a NFC team. Then you ad the fact that Rodgers has final say where he goes. Rodgers wants another ring and even said on Pat Mc show he would rework his contract if he needed too. The only team that has a chance to go dep in the playoffs and is a QB away is the Jets. JD is not good but excellent on winning trades. Jets walk in with a small offer no one else has an offer you take it. GB has already stated that Love is reday to start. That means Love is the starter and GB has moved on. GB is worried about Rodgers saying no and going back to GB. That would be a NIGHTMARE for them not knowing what Love can do with his contract up soon. 

13 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

GB wants him out. In years past GB bent over backwards to keep him around and play his mind games. The cap hit is huge to GB and they will not trade him to a NFC team. Then you ad the fact that Rodgers has final say where he goes. Rodgers wants another ring and even said on Pat Mc show he would rework his contract if he needed too. The only team that has a chance to go dep in the playoffs and is a QB away is the Jets. JD is not good but excellent on winning trades. Jets walk in with a small offer no one else has an offer you take it. GB has already stated that Love is reday to start. That means Love is the starter and GB has moved on. GB is worried about Rodgers saying no and going back to GB. That would be a NIGHTMARE for them not knowing what Love can do with his contract up soon. 

You keep saying that, but the comments from Gute and co. seem to suggest otherwise.  Gute could have easily made the comment at the Combine that Jordan Love was QB1, but he didn't.  He also could have said that Aaron Rodgers was QB1, but he didn't.

And you say Joe Douglas is excellent on winning trades, but from what I see (and I might be wrong), he's got one HR trade (Jamal Adams) and a bunch of meh trades.  Unless you think that Sam Darnold was worth a bag of potato chips, his reputation is living off a single trade.  It's no different than the Packers' fans that think Gute is a genius simply because he moved down and back up and walked away with Jaire Alexander and a future FRP from the Saints.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You keep saying that, but the comments from Gute and co. seem to suggest otherwise.  Gute could have easily made the comment at the Combine that Jordan Love was QB1, but he didn't.  He also could have said that Aaron Rodgers was QB1, but he didn't.

And you say Joe Douglas is excellent on winning trades, but from what I see (and I might be wrong), he's got one HR trade (Jamal Adams) and a bunch of meh trades.  Unless you think that Sam Darnold was worth a bag of potato chips, his reputation is living off a single trade.  It's no different than the Packers' fans that think Gute is a genius simply because he moved down and back up and walked away with Jaire Alexander and a future FRP from the Saints.

You are correct about JD.   JD got more than bargain out of trading players.  That's it.   Most of acquisitions were cheap to rent out.  Broncos' DT was one of them.    Rodgers would be the first major one if trade went thru.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

JD has made some great trades here are a few

Trading up for AVT

Herron and 6th rounder for Vikings 4th rounder

Traded TE Brown to KC for LDT who started and did great for them.

Then the ones you said in Darnold and of course the big one Adams.

Now on to Gute. He can't say who his starter is because Rodgers could block everything and go back to GB. That is why he stated "Love is ready to be a starter." 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

JD has made some great trades here are a few

Trading up for AVT

Herron and 6th rounder for Vikings 4th rounder

Traded TE Brown to KC for LDT who started and did great for them.

Then the ones you said in Darnold and of course the big one Adams.

Now on to Gute. He can't say who his starter is because Rodgers could block everything and go back to GB. That is why he stated "Love is ready to be a starter." 

Rodgers can't block anything. lol.  He will retire if he doesn't like new situation. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Actually the Sam darnold trade is what got us Breece Hall so I wouldn't say it was for a bag of chips. Him getting what turned out to be an early 2nd for Darnold was money. He essentially flipped Darnold and Jamal Adams for Elijah Vera Tucker, Garrett Wilson, and Breece Hall.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

GB only has one card to play, we'll take Rodgers back.  They aren't giving that up even if it's not a ton of leverage.  Come on now.  You can't seriously believe they would just announce Love as QB1 like that.

45 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Actually the Sam darnold trade is what got us Breece Hall so I wouldn't say it was for a bag of chips. Him getting what turned out to be an early 2nd for Darnold was money. He essentially flipped Darnold and Jamal Adams for Elijah Vera Tucker, Garrett Wilson, and Breece Hall.

Who cares.   JD has yet to acquire a veteran who panned out as a Jet.