2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

Just now, Greene N White said:

When you are in a rebuild you aren't trading for veterans so I don't really see your point.

It doesn't matter.   document is document.  As I stated before, Rodgers would be the first major acquisition if that happened.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It doesn't matter.   document is document.  As I stated before, Rodgers would be the first major acquisition if that happened.

I don't think anyone is arguing that. A guy said he is living off 1 trade and I quite simply said there has been more than one good trade.

12 hours ago, xrade said:

The Yanks have been spending for decades.  They only returned to dynastic form when George was suspended and the GM decided to keep his young  drafted talent.  Spending does not make a team a winner.  Being smart does.

I meant it as a joke.  I'm a Yankees fan.  90s were great.  Then we started playing fantasy baseball with Giambi and Mussina.  

Edited by NYJETS52

55 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

I meant it was a joke.  I'm a Yankees fan.  90s were great.  Then we started playing fantasy baseball with Giambi and Mussina.  

Gotcha. I just despise the optics of my team spending big only to **** the bed. The only sports it seems to work in is basketball. I’ll never understand the logic behind big FA spending other than to put fans in the seats. I’d love to see the relationship between big FA spending and fan revenue over a period of time. 

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

Gotcha. I just despise the optics of my team spending big only to **** the bed. The only sports it seems to work in is basketball. I’ll never understand the logic behind big FA spending other than to put fans in the seats. I’d love to see the relationship between big FA spending and fan revenue over a period of time. 

Generally speaking nfl players who are good or better don’t hit FA. In baseball and such this isn’t true bc a lot of teams can’t afford big name players. Same can be said for nba. But in the nfl if a good or better player hits FA it’s for a reason. Injuries, team in cap issues, etc.

Yeah I was a Robby/Robbie fan when he was here but he really is a hood rat and I want no part of that here under this coach and this locker room which seems to be in pretty good shape for once. Keep drafting receivers on any day of the draft. We have a couple of good ones and Mims, although hes sucked, may get more chances under this OC. MLF was a big issue, guy was just a jerk off and a bad play caller who alienated players. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Generally speaking nfl players who are good or better don’t hit FA. In baseball and such this isn’t true bc a lot of teams can’t afford big name players. Same can be said for nba. But in the nfl if a good or better player hits FA it’s for a reason. Injuries, team in cap issues, etc.

But the result is still the same. In this day and age trying to buy a championship rarely works.