2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

My preference would be to keep the three young WRs (Moore, Mims and of course Wilson), and then bring in guys Rodgers trusts like Lazard and Cobb. Those would be my five guys, with whomever as the No. 6. I would cut Davis, personally. I would also cut Lawson. From what I recall when reading up on the cap situation, both of those guys are good options to be released because of their contracts. 

Then again, if we get Rodgers I really don't care what they decide to do.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

My preference would be to keep the three young WRs (Moore, Mims and of course Wilson), and then bring in guys Rodgers trusts like Lazard and Cobb. Those would be my five guys, with whomever as the No. 6. I would cut Davis, personally. I would also cut Lawson. From what I recall when reading up on the cap situation, both of those guys are good options to be released because of their contracts. 

Then again, if we get Rodgers I really don't care what they decide to do.

I good WR2 is needed. Davis health is a SB run isn’t assuring. Mims quite frankly just ain’t good enough. So we need someone. FA that shouldn’t cost us a “ton” are Thielen and OBJ bc of their age. Lazard has the AR connection… but won’t be cheap. Cobb is more a depth piece.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I good WR2 is needed. Davis health is a SB run isn’t assuring. Mims quite frankly just ain’t good enough. So we need someone. FA that shouldn’t cost us a “ton” are Thielen and OBJ bc of their age. Lazard has the AR connection… but won’t be cheap. Cobb is more a depth piece.

I hear you Bobby. I just would love to see what Mims and Moore can do with a REAL quarterback before throwing them out to pasture.

7 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I hear you Bobby. I just would love to see what Mims and Moore can do with a REAL quarterback before throwing them out to pasture.

I think Moore could thrive with Rodgers. I more question if Cobb is brought in… is he taking a good amount of snaps away from Moore? Bc Rodgers trusts him more. That’s partly why I don’t “love” the idea of Cobb. Bc I want Moore to develop into a great slot guy. Not a guy splitting time with a vet. Mims just hasn’t proven anything to warrant a starting spot. I still like his talent and his attitude. And some WRs just take longer to get going. But if we bring in Rodgers. He won’t be afforded the right of a starting spot bc of his lack of being proven. A staring guy that can be trusted on the outside would start over him. Remember he was only starting last year bc Davis was injured yet again. Thielen isn’t exactly a star like he was a few years ago. But he can be trusted for that 600-1k yards and 4+ TDs. OBJ likely as well. You’d have to think that GW becomes our “Davante” so whoever is brought in is the #2.

Another WR to throw into the FA mix is Darius Slayton. He’s had some problems with drops, but has good size and can take the top off the defense. Still under 30 and won’t break the bank. Miscast as a #1 fir the Giants. Could be an under the radar signing. GW and Slayton on the outside and Moore in the slot?  

6 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Another WR to throw into the FA mix is Darius Slayton. He’s had some problems with drops, but has good size and can take the top off the defense. Still under 30 and won’t break the bank. Miscast as a #1 fir the Giants. Could be an under the radar signing. GW and Slayton on the outside and Moore in the slot?  

could work.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We gotta get a RB1 in here. I’m not willing to bank on Hall being himself this coming season. I know ACL’s aren’t what they used to be but we need to make sure we have a good enough stable of backs. 

👀👀