2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we moves him to FS ala Woodson sure. But fact is, is Sauce and even Reed (arguably) are better than him. So where does he play? As a threatening name over Reed without the play to back it up. There were games last year that teams were picking on Ramsey. Never mind not throwing to him.

I’ll play devils advocate. Some of us mentioned how bad Rodgers and Carr were last year by their standards and we heard plenty of reasons why/excuses. Ramsey had a down year by his standards but now he’s going back into the defense that had him the #1 Corner in the league, with an excellent Corner across from him, good safety play behind him and a DL that will punish opposing OLs.

Or he could suck.

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’ll play devils advocate. Some of us mentioned how bad Rodgers and Carr were last year by their standards and we heard plenty of reasons why/excuses. Ramsey had a down year by his standards but now he’s going back into the defense that had him the #1 Corner in the league, with an excellent Corner across from him, good safety play behind him and a DL that will punish opposing OLs.

Or he could suck.

I’ll be the 1st one to say I wanted Carr (not over Rodgers). But I still wanted him as plan B. But I always said he was around that 10-15 range at QB. Likely not ever bringing us a SB. But at least has us as playoff contenders that you never know can get hot (NYG twice). But I never defended his poor play. Only thing I defended with him was cold weather. And I still stand by that (while it’s a wash bc he went to NO). That if a guy lives and practices in cold weather. They will play better in it.

Rodgers literally had a broken thumb on his throwing hand for 2/3 of the year. That’s HUGE to his lack of great play. And actually if you look at his stats he still turned it on even with that broken thumb once his WRs adjusted. I’ll also stand by that it was 100% his fault for not doing all preseason stuff. Especially with new WRs. But he’s earned that right for injury reasons. But it clearly set back that relationship with his rookie WRs. Also I’ll stand by how unpolished his WRs were. Watson is from NDSU and Doubs from Nevada. Not exactly guys coming out of OSU and the SEC (like we have). That’s a huge learning curve for them. So they didn’t exactly hit the ground running. He’s also only last season removed from back to back MVP seasons. So his “prime” wasn’t light years  ago. 

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Don’t like this. I would have slapped a first round tender on him. 

No one is giving up a second round pick for Bryce Huff. He is an averge pass rusher. He is nothing special. I would love for a team to give up a second for him and then trade it to the Packers for Rodgers. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

No one is giving up a second round pick for Bryce Huff. He is an averge pass rusher. He is nothing special. I would love for a team to give up a second for him and then trade it to the Packers for Rodgers. 

Yup especially if we're trading a 2nd for AR. Easy way to recoup it when we have depth there.