2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not necessarily here. The discussion around the team, particularly on social media platforms or YouTube comment sections, is awful. This move has risks, a lot of them. Obviously there’s upside as well the ultimate hope being a Super Bowl but that’s a far reach from where we were though football can be extremely random at times. Some games are won or lost on a single play. 

I do not do social media except for this site and GGN.  For the record, most GGN posters are dead set against Rodgers.  My wife has been pushing me to join facebook.  Nope.  I am happier being ignorant.

14 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I just wanna discuss the possibilities. I’ll save all the positivity for the season. If not then what’s the point of having a discussion board.

What possibilities though?

Roll with Zach and see how he is under Hackett? That will turn his career around? I'd bet on the sun not rising tomorrow morning before I think that'd happen.

Trade up and draft a QB (bc likely 4 are going before we pick) haven't we done this before and how has that worked? Also once again would be giving up draft capital.

Bring in a below average vet like Wentz, Brissett, Minshew, etc? How does that help us? Likely has us on the outside looking in on the playoffs and in no mans land to draft a QB come next years draft.

Trade for another vet like Stafford or Cousins? So still give up draft capital for a QB like we would with AR, yet they're significantly not as a good and also make a ton of money. One is also coming off a back injury lets keep in mind. And exactly how good would Cousins be if he didn't have JJ?

So what possibilities are you exactly talking about?

26 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I just wanna discuss the possibilities. I’ll save all the positivity for the season. If not then what’s the point of having a discussion board.

I mean, it's fair to want to weigh the downside but you need to weigh in both sides, not just one.  Right now, the Jets have backed themselves into a corner that I don't think they can get out of.  Derek Carr signed with the Saints and Jimmy G is a Raider.  There is no starting QB available in FA right now.  When the best FA QBs available are Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield, and Jacoby Brissett, you know you're not going to be a threat.  And it's not like the trade market is fruitful either.

29 minutes ago, xrade said:

I do not do social media except for this site and GGN.  For the record, most GGN posters are dead set against Rodgers.  My wife has been pushing me to join facebook.  Nope.  I am happier being ignorant.

Is GGN Gang Green Nation as in the SB Nation forum? 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I do that. 

Not saying that you don't, but I feel your posts tend to be on the more pessimistic side.  Again, I don't browse this forum nearly as much as you post, but I do understand where you come from.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Winning changes the culture regardless of who is on the team.  If Carr is QB and we get to the playoffs FA's will want to come here.

If Rodgers plays two years (which many of us believe is the case) he will leave this team in a poor cap situation after 2024.  What FA's will we be able to get?  Will we be able to resign even our own FA's? 

Of course it does. But we haven’t won have we? So that hasn’t changed the culture. Bringing in Rodgers who’s a proven winner changes that. All the other guys mentioned have not proven they win. Simple. Lamar has and that’s why I would have loved him here also. 

If we’ve had deep playoff runs and proven to be a quality team things will present itself in the next two years. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Good posts from @xrade

I actually want to follow up the “winning changes the culture” part but that’s gonna lead to a discussion we all had before lol.

Either way we’re going all in for a Super Bowl on a guy who hasn’t been there since 2010. But this was always the way they were going. 

We can have the discussion. The beauty of having a debate is it doesn’t become personal and you can see both sides to it.

I’m all for having a debate over culture and personalities having an impact on the overall success of a team. I think that adds more stock than just quality or skills. 

I just don’t understand why we aren’t allowed to have concerns or discussions about the downside of this move. 

There are things that may not work. There’s zero options this year that would have been 100% fool proof. Unless Pat Mahomes was traded here for a 7th round pick and he payed on veteran minimum there’s always a risk or potential downside. 

Not sure why you can’t voice those concerns. 🤷🏻‍♂️

50 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Of course it does. But we haven’t won have we? So that hasn’t changed the culture. Bringing in Rodgers who’s a proven winner changes that. All the other guys mentioned have not proven they win. Simple. Lamar has and that’s why I would have loved him here also. 

I am well aware we have not won in quite some time.  I am also well aware that even with average QB play last year, we are in the playoffs.  Carr and Jimmy G would certainly get us there just as much as Rodgers would.  If wins and losses are how you judge a QB, then perhaps we should just end this discussion.

Not sure if this video was posted yet.

Scheffter knows absolutely nothing. You can just watch him and see how agitated he is not knowing a thing about this story. If he talks it’s all BS. He’s the last Person that AR would give info too. If he’s commented on this story it’s been something someone has already said. Or useless info. Like this. Heck GB probably wanted 4 1st rounders for him. Doesn’t mean they’ll get it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Scheffter knows absolutely nothing. You can just watch him and see how agitated he is not knowing a thing about this story. If he talks it’s all BS. He’s the last Person that AR would give info too. If he’s commented on this story it’s been something someone has already said. Or useless info. Like this. Heck GB probably wanted 4 1st rounders for him. Doesn’t mean they’ll get it.

Schefter is absolutely using outdated information.