2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Your problem is you listen to Shefter. He has been wrong on all of this. Wingo hit it the other day bay saying it is done Rodgers going to the Jets. So many people jumped all over him saying NO including Shefter. Turns out Rodgers been ready to go since Friday. His part has been done. Then he adds "the Jets wanted to know what I need for help." It was not a list that they had to do like Shefter said. Aaron Rogers hates these guys and keeps a close circle. Rodgers has been know to talk to Wingo in the past. 

You do know JD the GM of the Jets gets a good deal or averge deal. HE NEVER GETS A RIP OF DEAL. The only first round pick will be a swap of first rounds this year and bumps them up 2 spots. 

You don't think Shefter has sources at the GB and NYJ front office and that would elucidate the compensation issue, or did he pull this out of his butt? Yes, it's possible it was all kept under wraps. Everyone assumed the compensation was already agreed to last week. But it was easy for anyone to assume to compensation would be huge given the cap hit the Packers would have to absorb. 

1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

You don't think Shefter has sources at the GB and NYJ front office and that would elucidate the compensation issue, or did he pull this out of his butt? Yes, it's possible it was all kept under wraps. Everyone assumed the compensation was already agreed to last week. But it was easy for anyone to assume to compensation would be huge given the cap hit the Packers would have to absorb. 

If this was any other situation I would agree with you. Shefter is spot on 99%. This is th 1% he is wrong. The reason for this Aaron Rodgers. The guy does his own thing and hates him and Ian Rap. Rodgers small circle of friends is VERY tight. Heck he has no kids, and has not talked to his family in years so its really him and his buddies. AJ Hawk was on Pat M. show and Pat tried to get just something small from AJ and AJ just laughed and said I don't know with a smile. Rodgers made all those reporters look bad the so called INSIDE SOURCES. They had none and Rodgers made his point. You can just look back on the last few days and they where all off except Wingo. Wingo either got luck on the guess or Rodgers gave him a little info. I think Rodgers gave him a liitle info. Rodgers has talked about liking Wingo. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I think it’s clear Green Bay isn’t gonna just give him away. We all should understand that. They’re in no position to do any favors.

I am officially scared about this potential horrific deal for a one and done player. I can handle a 2nd round pick and a conditional pick at goes as high as a 1st if we make the Super Bowl and also equates to nothing if he retires. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think it’s clear Green Bay isn’t gonna just give him away. We all should understand that. They’re in no position to do any favors.

I think the deal was set until Jimmy G, Carr and others started to sign. GB might be pulling back and wanting more now but I have a feeling JD is not doing this. GB better be VERY careful here. If they try to ask for more when they already had the framework down that is bad business. 

13 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

They all pull it out of their *** now. Have you not payed attention to the evolution of media over the last 30 or so years? It's all about who breaks the story first nowadays, not who's right. These guys don't give a **** about reliable sources anymore.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I am officially scared about this potential horrific deal for a one and done player. I can handle a 2nd round pick and a conditional pick at goes as high as a 1st if we make the Super Bowl and also equates to nothing if he retires. 

Its not 1 and done. I have no idea why people say this. If Rodgers wins the Super Bowl then ya I can see him getting done other than that no way. He knows how good this team can be. If the Jets are in the playoffs next year and do a deep run but fall short he will come back next year. All the greats never left their team and only played 1 year and got done. Brady, Montana, Manning, Favre (played 1 with us but went to vikings) and they all talked about getting done too. This is a 2 year thing at least. I'm more confident that Rodgers would play 3 years than 1 year after leaving GB. Only 2 things would make him get done after 1 year a super bowl win or injury. That is it. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I feel like Green Bay has the Jets by the balls at this point. Woody clearly wants Rodgers and the Jets gave up all leverage by letting this deal linger beyond the start of FA. Only Lamar represents a comparable replacement to Rodgers and he would costs two firsts. Regardless of whether it's fair or not, GB, is going to use that price point as leverage.  The media/fan base also plays a massive role in this leverage because a failure to land Rodgers now would be a massive failure and lead to mega heat. 

Sure GB has no other realistic suitors, but they do have the back pocket leverage to simply sit him or let him retire if the Jets don't meet their demands.

The Jets, at this point, have sunk too much in and can't walk away. GB knows this.  Expect a stupid over pay. And expect it to be for a single year of Rodgers.

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They have zero leverage here. Rodgers can say trade me to the Jets or I retire and then GB is on the hook for contract completely. 

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I feel like Green Bay has the Jets by the balls at this point. Woody clearly wants Rodgers and the Jets gave up all leverage by letting this deal linger beyond the start of FA. Only Lamar represents a comparable replacement to Rodgers and he would costs two firsts. Regardless of whether it's fair or not, GB, is going to use that price point as leverage.  The media/fan base also plays a massive role in this leverage because a failure to land Rodgers now would be a massive failure and lead to mega heat. 

Sure GB has no other realistic suitors, but they do have the back pocket leverage to simply sit him or let him retire if the Jets don't meet their demands.

The Jets, at this point, have sunk too much in and can't walk away. GB knows this.  Expect a stupid over pay. And expect it to be for a single year of Rodgers.

We simply cant afford to play that kind of hard ball. If we were in a healthier cap situation then maybe that would be an option, but with his contract structured the way it is there's no way we can just send him home. If Jordan Love is any good we are gonna have to pay him after next year, that's not possible when we got a guy sitting at home counting 35+ million against our cap.

• Like 1