2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

At this point I'm not even giving up this years 2.  

2023 - conditional 3rd (4th if he plays less than 70% of the snaps)

2024 - conditional 4th that can go as high as 2nd with a Superbowl appearance, 3rd with playoff appearance, or 5th if he retires.

Take it or leave it GB.

We cant do compensation for a pick this year. Whatever pick we give this year. Is the pick

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d hardly call 43 and a conditional pick next year pennies on the dollar for a player who is not in their plans, with a one team market who is probably retiring after a year.

that’s about what I expect the comp to be at least

I think that’s a fair offer but we don’t know if that’s what we’re offering. If Joe is like a 4 and a conditional 2024 pick then GB isn’t accepting that.

49 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Woody would absolutely fire Douglas and throw him under the bus. 

Someone is getting fired if this blows up and don’t let us miss the playoffs next year after making this move. The media will have a field day and Woody will do something even dumber.

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think that’s a fair offer but we don’t know if that’s what we’re offering. If Joe is like a 4 and a conditional 2024 pick then GB isn’t accepting that.

The part here is they HAVE TO eventually. Are they ok waiting it out and being POS in the media while waiting? I don't know. But they don't have a choice really besides eventually trading him to us at this stage. He's not going back there, so the only other option is retirement. And they cant keep that contract on their books of what they'd still owe him.

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Someone is getting fired if this blows up and don’t let us miss the playoffs next year after making this move. The media will have a field day and Woody will do something even dumber.

The only time players land multiple firsts or first is when they are expected to be with the team for years. Watson, Stafford, and Wilson were all going to teams to be there for the next 4-5 years. 

Are the Packers really going to disrespect Rodgers to the point of waiting until September like some Packer fans suggest? 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The part here is they HAVE TO eventually. Are they ok waiting it out and being POS in the media while waiting? I don't know. But they don't have a choice really besides eventually trading him to us at this stage. He's not going back there, so the only other option is retirement. And they cant keep that contract on their books of what they'd still owe him.

I highly doubt they would, that is why I would be strong. Why would the Packers want to waste all this time battling it out creating drama just for unrealistic expectations of a return. 

I don't think they would want to disrespect Rodgers who has done a lot for that organization. 

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The only time players land multiple firsts or first is when they are expected to be with the team for years. Watson, Stafford, and Wilson were all going to teams to be there for the next 4-5 years. 

Are the Packers really going to disrespect Rodgers to the point of waiting until September like some Packer fans suggest? 

Let's look at what guys are fetching this off season. One of the best CBs (a valuable position, just not QB valuable) that is still only 28 years old 28 YEARS OLD in Jalen Ramsey!!! Just went for only a 3rd and a backup TE.

Let that sink in while GB wants 1sts and 2nds for a 39 year old that's due a ton of money that we might only be getting for 1 season. 

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They’ll make a trade eventually I’m sure but it’s already been discussed that they don’t lose anything financially by him retiring or getting traded. The dead money is the same.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They’ll make a trade eventually I’m sure but it’s already been discussed that they don’t lose anything financially by him retiring or getting traded. The dead money is the same.

But you're smart enough to know that wont happen.

Can't think of any player at this caliber (maybe even at even a lesser level). Team doesn't want them anymore so they ask for a trade to the 1 and only team they want to go to. And bc of compensation that team says no, you can retire instead.

There's times legends in the game want a trade and the team says no and they go back to the team. But never do they say no and force the man to retire.

I'm not even lying that if that happens. GB will be torn to pieces in the media and everywhere. Where it'd be incredibly hard for them to come back from that.