2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Who is reporting that it won't cost the Jets at least one FRP?

Most, the only people saying it will costs first round picks are Packer bloggers and Schefter saying it could.

Trey Wingo who has been on top of this said it won't cost a first. Aaron Rodgers said that the Packers should do right and just let him go, so holding off is basically being personal to him.  Rodgers said he doesn't think that the Packers will go crazy because in his words, there is no scenario where the Packers will say "the Jets aren't offering enough so we aren't trading you there".

Only way I would include a FRP is conditional based on in 2024 if we win or make the SB. No way am I trading the first this year when we have so many holes still. 

The Jets want to win, so why would they give up everything and not be able to improve the team more? 

If you get this deal done for a conditional 4th you have my respect and I will laugh sooooo hard at Packers fans.  Early in year (2022) some were still talking about 3 firsts and change for Rodgers.

But what a headache for time being.   I know a SB win would be worth it.   

Assuming Rodgers plays for just one more year, what short of a SB win would make this all worth it? 

In other words, what is minimum success that would make this deal worth the time and whatever draft pick you end up giving up?  

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If you get this deal done for a conditional 4th you have my respect and I will laugh sooooo hard at Packers fans.  Early in year (2022) some were still talking about 3 firsts and change for Rodgers.

Assuming Rodgers plays for just one more year, what short of a SB win would make this all worth it? 

In other words, what is minimum success that would make this deal worth the time and whatever draft pick you end up giving up?  

Sweep the Pats and win a playoff game.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

For me there’s a deeper level to it as well.

We get AR and make a SB run. But let’s say we lose in the AFCCG. We have an incredibly young roster. That one year of playoff experience, mentality of getting used to winning, having a guy like AR develop this young OL in guys like Becton, AVT and maybe even rookie C. Make GW a legit elite WR potentially. Make Moore look like a young Cobb. All that is huge. And beyond that just trade value for AR. Winning a SB would just be icing on the cake for us.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Put him at Center like he always should have been.

Was reading that teams might play Skoronski at C. Which I found interesting. Maybe we can draft him at 13 start him at C as a rookie and then we have flexibility in our OL with him and AVT since Sko would literally play anywhere and AVT can play G or T. Optimistically Becton plays well and we’d have 3 nice young pieces for the OL with a developing Mitchell and more maybe.  

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Was reading that teams might play Skoronski at C. Which I found interesting. Maybe we can draft him at 13 start him at C as a rookie and then we have flexibility in our OL with him and AVT since Sko would literally play anywhere and AVT can play G or T. Optimistically Becton plays well and we’d have 3 nice young pieces for the OL with a developing Mitchell and more maybe.  

Would really be amazing. OL injuries are season ruining if you cannot overcome them. Having that flexibility would be helpful.