2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Up to $8m for Gardner-Johnson. Can’t believe we could have signed him and cut whitehead and been no worse off. 

If JD missed this then I’m upset. If he didn’t bother then I’m really wondering why?!?!?

He is a steal at that price. Very surprised the market for him wasn’t bigger.

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Safety don't get paid much and this was one reason to move Adams along with his attitude. 

The Falcons just signed jessie Bates to a four-year, $64.02 million deal that includes $23 million in the first year of the contract.

iTS Funny LAST WEEK A WROTE ABOUT THE GREAT O LINE THE PACKERS HAD IN THE EARLY SIXTIES.  LOW AND BEHOLD THIS SKORONSK WHO IS GOING IN TO THE DRAFT THIS YEAR IS THE GRANDSON OF BOB SKORONSKE WHO WAS THE FIFTH LINEMAN FOR THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL WHO HAD FOUR ALL PRO PLAYERS ON THE SAME LINE. BOB SKORONSKI WAS THE ONLY ONE NOT VOTED TO THE ALL PROTEAM BUT HE ALSO WAS A OUTSTANDING PLAYER.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JetsandI said:

lol.. no value for that since we don't get extra by releasing them.

Wouldn't we save around $25 million in cap space by releasing both of them?

We certainly don't need Davis with Lazard and Mims on the team at that position. And as for Lawson, we have Johnson and Clemons that need more reps in my opinion. And we have the combination of Franklin-Myers and Huff who bring specific traits to the team. With those four playing a lot, I don't see the need for Lawson. Lawson is good, but ultimately he is not that edge rusher that scares teams and forces them to game plan against. 

8 hours ago, doumeyer said:

iTS Funny LAST WEEK A WROTE ABOUT THE GREAT O LINE THE PACKERS HAD IN THE EARLY SIXTIES.  LOW AND BEHOLD THIS SKORONSK WHO IS GOING IN TO THE DRAFT THIS YEAR IS THE GRANDSON OF BOB SKORONSKE WHO WAS THE FIFTH LINEMAN FOR THE BEST OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL WHO HAD FOUR ALL PRO PLAYERS ON THE SAME LINE. BOB SKORONSKI WAS THE ONLY ONE NOT VOTED TO THE ALL PROTEAM BUT HE ALSO WAS A OUTSTANDING PLAYER.

I love your history facts. 

• Like 1

Just read where Ryan Kelley (OC, Colts) may be available for trade or he may be released for cap relief (even though the cap ain't real).  THe question I have is do we go after him for a day 3 pick, wait for his release. sign Ben Jones, roll with Wes, or draft a starting SRP?  So many options.  I doubt the cranky old QB that we may have under C is going to want a rookie.

22 hours ago, xrade said:

Just read where Ryan Kelley (OC, Colts) may be available for trade or he may be released for cap relief (even though the cap ain't real).  THe question I have is do we go after him for a day 3 pick, wait for his release. sign Ben Jones, roll with Wes, or draft a starting SRP?  So many options.  I doubt the cranky old QB that we may have under C is going to want a rookie.

Him and Jones seem to be hurt a lot. I would take the one who is in better health. If they are both in good shape take the cheaper guy. Yes I do think we do need one of them.