2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

36 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

As what exactly? He is the worst quarterback I have seen in years in this league. He may not be good enough for the CFL at this time.

Maybe when Demaurice Smith talks about abolishing the combine, he has visions of Zach Wilson in his brain. 

Hopefully, once the dust settles on the trade and the draft, they can make a quiet deal somewhere for whatever and move on from this imposter of a quarterback.

If I was a betting man I think he isn’t it either. But sitting and learning behind one of the best to ever play the game and being Wilson is so young. Can’t hurt. For starters sitting on the bench should humble him and he should mature more each day. Getting mental knowledge, mechanic knowledge and such from AR and Hackett can only help. Not at all saying AR plays 2 years and we have our guy in waiting. But that is the hope. The smart thing to do is draft a guy mid late this year or next and then you have a gage as to who is more ready that guy or Wilson.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Apparently the Cards are actively trying to move Hopkins. I’d look into that first 

And I have heard we are in on that too. And for me 100% Hopkins > OBJ. But OBJ doesn’t coat draft capital and will be quite a bit cheaper. So each side has its pros and cons

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If I was a betting man I think he isn’t it either. But sitting and learning behind one of the best to ever play the game and being Wilson is so young. Can’t hurt. For starters sitting on the bench should humble him and he should mature more each day. Getting mental knowledge, mechanic knowledge and such from AR and Hackett can only help. Not at all saying AR plays 2 years and we have our guy in waiting. But that is the hope. The smart thing to do is draft a guy mid late this year or next and then you have a gage as to who is more ready that guy or Wilson.

Has it ever happened before in the history of the NFL that a guy was given a starting QB job, crapped the bed and lost it, and then (after his replacement retired) got the job back???

It makes zero sense. Acquire Rodgers. Bring in as many players as he needs. Rejuvenate him and try to convince him to stick around for as long as Brady lasted. THAT should be the plan. 

Rodgers is a strange dude. His grudge about the Jordan Love drafting is still a thing. The last thing we need to do is make it seem like we already have a plan to put Wilson back under center before Rodgers is done done. If that is the case, then we deserve to lose (because that is what we will do with Zach Wilson, lose).

Besides, what has Wilson done exactly to even deserve another shot at being a starting QB??? Is this not a meritocracy? When you are worse under center than Joe Flacco, Mike White, Josh Johnson and even Chris Streveler, you do not deserve another shot. I could understand if he were the greatest teammate ever and everybody loved him, but even that is not the case.

Teams create dead cap money to get rid of players every year. I cannot think of a better reason to create dead cap money than getting rid of our horrendous excuse for a starting quarterback for the last two seasons.

It should not even be a question as to whether we should get rid of Zach Wilson or not. It should be how we get rid of him, that is the question.

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Has it ever happened before in the history of the NFL that a guy was given a starting QB job, crapped the bed and lost it, and then (after his replacement retired) got the job back???

It makes zero sense. Acquire Rodgers. Bring in as many players as he needs. Rejuvenate him and try to convince him to stick around for as long as Brady lasted. THAT should be the plan. 

Rodgers is a strange dude. His grudge about the Jordan Love drafting is still a thing. The last thing we need to do is make it seem like we already have a plan to put Wilson back under center before Rodgers is done done. If that is the case, then we deserve to lose (because that is what we will do with Zach Wilson, lose).

Besides, what has Wilson done exactly to even deserve another shot at being a starting QB??? Is this not a meritocracy? When you are worse under center than Joe Flacco, Mike White, Josh Johnson and even Chris Streveler, you do not deserve another shot. I could understand if he were the greatest teammate ever and everybody loved him, but even that is not the case.

Teams create dead cap money to get rid of players every year. I cannot think of a better reason to create dead cap money than getting rid of our horrendous excuse for a starting quarterback for the last two seasons.

It should not even be a question as to whether we should get rid of Zach Wilson or not. It should be how we get rid of him, that is the question.

Alex Smith was pretty bad for like 4-5 seasons before he turned it around. And it wasn’t just Andy Reid that made him better. I think he had a good year in SF before he went to KC.

Saleh spoke to media. 

Sounds like Carl Lawson will not be a cap casualty, said pass rushers don't grow on trees and he will be back.

He made it sound like Corey Davis will be back, talked about the size we have at WR with Davis and Lazard. I don't hate it if true, I really like Davis as a player, just wish he'd stay healthy because when he plays hes a good ball player. 

Jets aren't interested in Elliott, he was interested in us. Saleh is high on the RBs we have on roster, said Breece is looking great.

Hopeful that we land Ben Jones at center, Jets plan on playing AVT at RG where he has "all pro" potential. 

He also said they are in no rush with the Rodgers trade, sounds like they are calling the Packers bluff. 

I'm not interested in OBJ honestly.  Would rather just keep Davis.  OBJ's injury history is worse than Davis' and at 31 coming off an ACL he's probably not the same guy.  Why is everyone worried about Hall and not OBJ?

Cambell and Jones make a ton of sense as does a Kwon reunion.