2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

I like this WR core because there is less pressure on Corey Davis to be a solid #2. I don't know what to expect from him because of the injuries and poor QB play, but we need him. Lazard hasn't proven to be better than a healthy Davis. With both of them healthy, we have 2 other WRs that could hit 1,000yds with the right amount of targets. 

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Corey Davis has never been a top tier anything.

Agreed, but I am interested to see how he performs with a real QB.  I do not expect a 1000 yd season or double digit TD's simply because Rodgers has a lot of targets to feed.  I do expect him to surpass his numbers from the last two seasons.  I like the idea of a team full of #2 type receivers.  Except for Wilson (since he is the defacto #1), there should be an equitable distribution of targets.  All we need is the OL to give Rodgers that little extra time to throw downfield and this O will be pretty good.

Davis at X, Wilson at Y, Hardman / Lazard in the slot, Conklin as the H-back or Z, Hall or Israel out of the backfield, Lazard / Hardman at WR4.  Good luck to opposing D's game planning for this.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I like this WR core because there is less pressure on Corey Davis to be a solid #2. I don't know what to expect from him because of the injuries and poor QB play, but we need him. Lazard hasn't proven to be better than a healthy Davis. With both of them healthy, we have 2 other WRs that could hit 1,000yds with the right amount of targets. 

I agree plus R Cobb is a first class pickup

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Saleh said the only locks to start on the OL are LG Tomlinson and RG AVT. The rest will be a open competition for now. 

I expected Tomlinson to get another shot as a starter, but he's not staying on the field if he is trash again. We have too many vets who can play his position and do better than he did last year. 

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I agree plus R Cobb is a first class pickup

It would have been three years ago. He was only signed as a security blanket for Rodgers. I doubt he sees the field a whole lot. Maybe in the first few games but I would expect his on field contributions to decline over the course of the season as Rodgers gets more comfortable with non GB receivers. 

8 hours ago, xrade said:

It would have been three years ago. He was only signed as a security blanket for Rodgers. I doubt he sees the field a whole lot. Maybe in the first few games but I would expect his on field contributions to decline over the course of the season as Rodgers gets more comfortable with non GB receivers. 

What you say is true, i think there will times where he will be in position to get key first downplays.

13 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Tomlinson is awful. 

I agree he was bad last year. But a new system, a QB that can actually get rid of the ball on time and likely better play on both sides of him should only help him. And if he isn’t playing good… I see no reason why CMG shouldn’t be given a shot to start at LG then. Maybe even Turner.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree he was bad last year. But a new system, a QB that can actually get rid of the ball on time and likely better play on both sides of him should only help him. And if he isn’t playing good… I see no reason why CMG shouldn’t be given a shot to start at LG then. Maybe even Turner.

I hope so but I doubt it. He was only good in SF because he had an all pro LT next to him. He was not good in Detroit. Maybe he is just really not that good. Regardless, I am hoping that Saleh or Hackett or whoever makes the decision to sit him does so if he sucks again. Football coaches can sometimes be stubborn about benching their highly paid vets.

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Becton said he is a left tackle and wants to go back there. Saleh said "go earn left tackle".   Time for Becton to prove everyone wrong and earn his spot back. 

I'm picking him to win it. 

• Like 1