2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We’re going to cut someone or value because of this lol. If we sign Marcedes Lewis ima lose what little patience I have left.

Marcedes Lewis is such a insane run blocker. I don't think we sign him but he's definitely a good useful player.

For those not liking these moves…. Go look at what TB and the LAR did recently once they got their vet QB. The went and got more vets bc they’re a win now team. Having a developmental DT and WR sounds great. But when injuries occur and those developmental guys have to play maybe and yore still a win now team? That fails. You have vets with experience and still have skill. That’s what winning teams do. This is how you build a well rounded deep roster.

And the big benefit of it all is the young guys all get that playoff experience and comities of winning during the process.

19 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I hate when guys get knocked for being a 1st-2nd DT. There is plenty of value stopping the run, forcing longer 3rd downs, and we have plenty of pass rushers to play 3rd down. Not every lineman needs to be Q.

We needed someone like him last year to be honest.

• Like 1

For those against signing these older vets… this is exactly what TB and the LAR did as well. Get vets that have been there before and you don’t have a learning curve with if you’re a real contender.

It’s 4th and 4 against KC in the AFCCG do you want Mims out there or Cobb?

It’s 4th and 1 against CIN in a the AFCDG do you want Marquiss Spencer to stuff the run or Al Woods?

These guys are commanding next to nothing money wise as well.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For those against signing these older vets… this is exactly what TB and the LAR did as well. Get vets that have been there before and you don’t have a learning curve with if you’re a real contender.

It’s 4th and 4 against KC in the AFCCG do you want Mims out there or Cobb?

It’s 4th and 1 against CIN in a the AFCDG do you want Marquiss Spencer to stuff the run or Al Woods?

These guys are commanding next to nothing money wise as well.

It's not even like we're signing vets, plural, who are coming in to assume a big role. Woods might play 30% of snaps, fills a huge need and won't cost anything.. who cares if he's 36. 

The overreaction to Cobb is so bizarre to me. As if there are so many better options for a 6th receiver - should we bring back Vyncint Smith? Jeff Smith? Josh Doctson? Josh Malone?! People are acting like Cobb is taking up a valuable roster spot, and not replacing the scrap heap alternative. Cobb's a players coach, he can teach the system and Rodgers tendencies/preferences - that alone makes him more valuable than anyone else we'd use to round out our WR room.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Marcedes Lewis is such a insane run blocker. I don't think we sign him but he's definitely a good useful player.

That is what Uzomah does.  No need for another old one dimensional TE.

• Like 1

I like what they are doing. Cobb can be the backup slot guy. I for one would rather have Cobb over Mims. I thinbk Mims sucks and should have been moved years ago or cut by now. I was mad when they drafted him. Woods is what this team needed. A big guy that eats up space. I know he is 36 but he was a captain last year too. He will help with leadership and knowlege to help the young guys on the D. I would have liked Suh instead but I will take Woods. 

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

and still have skill

Therein lies the argument.  Cobb's skills are gone.  I have no problem with the signing if it makes AR comfy and he helps with the youngins'.  Jefferson and Woods - 30th ranked run D.  I am positive it is not all on them, but did they contribute to that poor Run or D or make it so it wasn't 32nd?  I am not so sure these players make the Jets better on the field relative to what we have.