2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Obviously decline.  Doesn't mean he doesn't have a long term future here.  The talent is undeniable.

Yes. Let's say he stays healthy and plays great we can try and get a long term deal done with him. And if we're struggling doing that... we can always tag him. 

Turner is a better option than Jones during the draft. Jones will be an average starter at best. I was not high on any of these T. Parris Johnson would probably be T number 3 or 4 in a regular T class. No way Wright should have gone round 1. I think he is a reach and will struggle big time with fast edge guys. He is going to give up a lot of sacks. 

• Like 1

Turner fits what JD values - versatility.  He will be the first one off the bench when Brown or Becton inevitable go down.  Hopefully Ogbuehi never sees the field.  In fact, I hope Turner never sees the field.  I will further add that I hope McG and Tomlinson never see the field.  That last one is a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

Joe Benigno said on WFAN last Saturday that he heard Jets Giants MNF opener week 1.

Would this be a 7pm ET game? Did they stop doing double headers? I think you might as well schedule it in the early window if that's the case.

Ya for the last few years they have had a double headernto start the season. Usually you have an esat coast gae at 7 or 7:30 and a west coast game at like 11. I'm so tired of bending over backwards for the west coast people in sports. Big games should start at 7 like the Super Bowl and not at 9 and 10 at night. 

I'm not worried about the offense anymore. If another star WR hits the market, I'll consider but I feel good on that side now. Defense, I'd like to see us add a young DT who can at least rotate with Jefferson and another safety that can compete. If McDonald IV is not going to be a full-time LB (I think he will), I'd add LB to the list as well. 

On paper, I think we have a good shot against the rest of the AFCE. It's going to come down to coaching and their ability to develop players. I think Miami will be incredibly tough this year. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not worried about the offense anymore. If another star WR hits the market, I'll consider but I feel good on that side now. Defense, I'd like to see us add a young DT who can at least rotate with Jefferson and another safety that can compete. If McDonald IV is not going to be a full-time LB (I think he will), I'd add LB to the list as well. 

On paper, I think we have a good shot against the rest of the AFCE. It's going to come down to coaching and their ability to develop players. I think Miami will be incredibly tough this year. 

What makes you think McDonald will play LB?

9 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

What makes you think McDonald will play LB?

He's been listed and mentioned as a LB a lot. I believe they even said LB when they announced the pick. That's why I keep saying if. 

If he's just going to rotate at DE, the LB position becomes weaker on paper and he'll just be another rotation guy on the line. At LB, he can make the group better and still add to our pass rush. So I'm hoping for LB.

Edited by rickyt31

37 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He's been listed and mentioned as a LB a lot. I believe they even said LB when they announced the pick. That's why I keep saying if. 

If he's just going to rotate at DE, the LB position becomes weaker on paper and he'll just be another rotation guy on the line. At LB, he can make the group better and still add to our pass rush. So I'm hoping for LB.

Gotcha, I've yet to hear anyone talk about him as a stand up LB. I could see him as a 3-4 OLB type that's really just an edge defender, but I can't really imagine him being a coverage guy or playing the role Kwon did last season.