2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Seems like 42/43 is going for Rodgers now. With the CMG insurance I wonder if JD moves down to get an extra pick back and draft a developmental Center. 

JD will look to move down and grab a 3rd round pick. I think you will see a move down in the first round. I think a lot od QB's will go in the top 10 pushing a lot of the OL guys down a few spots. 

34 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

JD will look to move down and grab a 3rd round pick. I think you will see a move down in the first round. I think a lot od QB's will go in the top 10 pushing a lot of the OL guys down a few spots. 

I don’t think we risk missing a Tackle, unless they love Wright/D. Jones/Bergeron. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Seems like 42/43 is going for Rodgers now. With the CMG insurance I wonder if JD moves down to get an extra pick back and draft a developmental Center. 

It’s actually a great C class. So we still could get a great talent in the mid rounds if we can add some picks somehow. Now I know in recent years we’ve had a ton of draft capital and that’s shown JD likely to trade up for a guy he loves. Not sure what he does this draft with no 3rd and in a draft where that 2nd-4th round area is where people say the talent is this draft.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

It’s actually a great C class. So we still could get a great talent in the mid rounds if we can add some picks somehow. Now I know in recent years we’ve had a ton of draft capital and that’s shown JD likely to trade up for a guy he loves. Not sure what he does this draft with no 3rd and in a draft where that 2nd-4th round area is where people say the talent is this draft.

With CMG we can make an argument that a guy like Stromberg on Day 3 is more valuable than a 2nd round C and we can go BPA/other position. 

8 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

With CMG we can make an argument that a guy like Stromberg on Day 3 is more valuable than a 2nd round C and we can go BPA/other position. 

100% get a guy that at bare minimum is a rotational piece at 42 or 43 then.

DT or WR come to mind. Even LB perhaps.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

100% get a guy that at bare minimum is a rotational piece at 42 or 43 then.

DT or WR come to mind. Even LB perhaps.

The way I look at it…1st and 2nd round needs to be immediate impact. Starting OL, NT that gets a good chunk, C or interior that will replace Laken or CMG by the end of the year. Sure even LB. 

Later we can grab rotational safety, WR, LB, DE. 

On 4/21/2023 at 7:11 AM, Bobby816 said:

Corey Davis is quiet in general (part of why I don't understand when people say keep him bc he's a leader). Mims hasn't earned the right to complain. So those for me are poor examples.

And I know you don't like hearing it... but Wilson's awful play 100% makes sense to frustrate a WR. When they're getting open and the QB misses them, never even looks there way. throws the ball into the ground targeting them. Put that on top of losing... and it's frustrating. Having a QB that is respected stops that. We haven't had a QB that has earned respect since Pennington and Vinny.

Blah blah blah Zach Wilson.

Robbie Anderson didn’t have him and complains, Bell complained, Jamal Adams complained, Santonio Holmes, Derrick Mason, etc… and Zach Wilson had nothing to do with that. 

I can call out guys for being selfish. Period. 

23 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Blah blah blah Zach Wilson.

Robbie Anderson didn’t have him and complains, Bell complained, Jamal Adams complained, Santonio Holmes, Derrick Mason, etc… and Zach Wilson had nothing to do with that. 

I can call out guys for being selfish. Period. 

But you complain.  heh.

The beautiful part in this is that we can free up $33M by cutting Lawson, Whitehead, and Davis. We can also restructure, but we have the flexibility. We could have $25M+ in cap space, 1st & 2nd round picks, after getting Rodgers. The 2nd wave of free agency hasn't hit yet. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

The beautiful part in this is that we can free up $33M by cutting Lawson, Whitehead, and Davis. We can also restructure, but we have the flexibility. We could have $25M+ in cap space, 1st & 2nd round picks, after getting Rodgers. The 2nd wave of free agency hasn't hit yet. 

Draftin DE and WR as first two picks would solve the upcoming problem. 

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

We aren’t cutting Lawson. Saleh said as much in his interview a few weeks ago. Same with Whitehead. I actually think we keep Corey now Obj is gone and maybe if we go WR early then we trade Corey later in the offseason for a late rounder. 

14 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

We aren’t cutting Lawson. Saleh said as much in his interview a few weeks ago. Same with Whitehead. I actually think we keep Corey now Obj is gone and maybe if we go WR early then we trade Corey later in the offseason for a late rounder. 

Not if we are going all in this year we aren’t. I’m just curious if we are going to restructure a contract or two or just outright cut players. We still need to clear about $10M for the rooks and operating costs. Why do I have images of New Orleans in my head?

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

But you complain.  heh.

Lmaoooo I’m just saying man. I could say damn Tomlinson got beat instantly on that snap and someone will say but you gotta understand it’s easy to get beat instantly when Zach Wilson is your Quarterback lol. Like dudes need to give it a rest. Garrett Wilson cared more about getting the ball than winning that last year. That’s why after losses when he had his numbers he was happy vs wins when he didn’t. It is what it is. Things are too one sided around here recently.