2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm fine with Becton, Brown and Mitchell. I would rather sign a vet T that is cut in June than add a rookie at 13. The pick 13 should be a starter not a depth guy. Give me the best Center in the draft if your going OL at 13 or the best G. Remember AVT can play T too. I personal want Carter of he is there. I would not mind a trade down and get Campbell from Iowa for the LB we need. Heck even Branch would play more and start for this team. 

This is how you end up having to move the offensive line around all year and no one gets comfortable. Just because AVT can play tackle doesn’t mean he should. Continuity is what you want on the offensive line.

Becton no matter how slim he looks, has played like 2 games in 2 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This is how you end up having to move the offensive line around all year and no one gets comfortable. Just because AVT can play tackle doesn’t mean he should. Continuity is what you want on the offensive line.

Becton no matter how slim he looks, has played like 2 games in 2 seasons. 

I think the Jets have a good idea if Becton can play and be a starter by now. He can play and be a starter no problem. He will be at least average. Becton problems came from him being so heavy. His knees will be fine. I think Becton is the LT week 1 and Brown RT. You then have Mitchell as yiour backup and AVT will be the emergancy guy. This is why I said add a vet in june 1 cuts. 

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm fine with Becton, Brown and Mitchell. I would rather sign a vet T that is cut in June than add a rookie at 13. The pick 13 should be a starter not a depth guy. Give me the best Center in the draft if your going OL at 13 or the best G. Remember AVT can play T too. I personal want Carter of he is there. I would not mind a trade down and get Campbell from Iowa for the LB we need. Heck even Branch would play more and start for this team. 

Many of the OTs can play OG especially a guy like Jones.

I'm all for a high impact guy at 13 but it's not a C or a ILB there.

More like Nolan Smith, JSN, Jones, Sko, Murphy at 13

Trade down and look at Branch, Kancey, Mayer, Washington

23 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Jets have a good idea if Becton can play and be a starter by now. He can play and be a starter no problem. He will be at least average. Becton problems came from him being so heavy. His knees will be fine. I think Becton is the LT week 1 and Brown RT. You then have Mitchell as yiour backup and AVT will be the emergancy guy. This is why I said add a vet in june 1 cuts. 

Too many assumptions for things to go right in this post IMO. We don’t know if Bectons issues are weight alone, they could be. Max Mitchell we don’t even know if he can play yet. AVT is also coming off a season ending injury. A guy like Jones could play OG also. Most guys cut in June are depth pieces. Keeping Rodgers clean should be a top priority.

If Rodgers plays more than one year, drafting an OT is key to 2024 also.

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Jets have a good idea if Becton can play

I am sure we all thought that last year.  And the year before.  It is time to stop dicking around with the OL and fix the damn thing.  Signing a vet after June does what exactly?  That's right, it gives us another old guy that will probably not live up to his contract.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Becton problems came from him being so heavy

And are we sure it is not chronic?  The damage may be done.  Are you sure Mitchell is coming back?

For once, I'd like to say "we wasted a pick because we have better starters in place" rather than "I wish we would have picked....".

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Becton is the LT week 1 and Brown RT

Brown does not want to play RT.  It is why Fant played there last year even though he had a good season at LT the previous year.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am sure we all thought that last year.  And the year before.  It is time to stop dicking around with the OL and fix the damn thing.  Signing a vet after June does what exactly?  That's right, it gives us another old guy that will probably not live up to his contract.

And are we sure it is not chronic?  The damage may be done.  Are you sure Mitchell is coming back?

For once, I'd like to say "we wasted a pick because we have better starters in place" rather than "I wish we would have picked....".

Brown does not want to play RT.  It is why Fant played there last year even though he had a good season at LT the previous year.

Well i disagree here and just going by my gut feeling. Becton came in last year way over weight and not even close to what he is now. Brown wanted to be LT because Becton was not there. He is back so you swing over to RT. Brown is a team player and will do this. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

Well i disagree here and just going by my gut feeling. Becton came in last year way over weight and not even close to what he is now. Brown wanted to be LT because Becton was not there. He is back so you swing over to RT. Brown is a team player and will do this. 

Brown has never played a snap at RT ever. How do you know any of this?

Brown will need to consult with his agent to get better idea of NFL's LT jobs and money.  Once he is released he may not see the same $$$ if signed elsewhere.   He may stuck it up and play RT for that money.

No matter what we conjure about where Brown will end up playing He is our LT, according to the franchise.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Brown will need to consult with his agent to get better idea of NFL's LT jobs and money.  Once he is released he may not see the same $$$ if signed elsewhere.   He may stuck it up and play RT for that money.

No matter what we conjure about where Brown will end up playing He is our LT, according to the franchise.

Good point. And a team would likely have to have an injury and be desperate to bring him in at his age.