2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

On 4/17/2023 at 6:27 PM, Bobby816 said:

Every WR wants the ball. And isn’t happy when they’re not. And fact is, is that we were a better team, the more GW got the ball. He wasn’t wrong. 

Corey Davis didn’t complain, Mims didn’t complain, I can go on. It’s these young dudes who do a lot of that complaining. Happy after a loss because they were productive. I hate it. Garrett has some of that Adams, Anderson in him. I guess most will let it slide but it’s something that’s extremely noticeable. 

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Corey Davis didn’t complain, Mims didn’t complain, I can go on. It’s these young dudes who do a lot of that complaining. Happy after a loss because they were productive. I hate it. Garrett has some of that Adams, Anderson in him. I guess most will let it slide but it’s something that’s extremely noticeable. 

Corey Davis is quiet in general (part of why I don't understand when people say keep him bc he's a leader). Mims hasn't earned the right to complain. So those for me are poor examples.

And I know you don't like hearing it... but Wilson's awful play 100% makes sense to frustrate a WR. When they're getting open and the QB misses them, never even looks there way. throws the ball into the ground targeting them. Put that on top of losing... and it's frustrating. Having a QB that is respected stops that. We haven't had a QB that has earned respect since Pennington and Vinny.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Corey Davis is quiet in general (part of why I don't understand when people say keep him bc he's a leader). Mims hasn't earned the right to complain. So those for me are poor examples.

And I know you don't like hearing it... but Wilson's awful play 100% makes sense to frustrate a WR. When they're getting open and the QB misses them, never even looks there way. throws the ball into the ground targeting them. Put that on top of losing... and it's frustrating. Having a QB that is respected stops that. We haven't had a QB that has earned respect since Pennington and Vinny.

Frustrating?  Absolutely.  But how about acting like a professional that is being paid millions especially when that frustration is directed at a teammate.  Keep that garbage behind closed doors.

28 minutes ago, xrade said:

Frustrating?  Absolutely.  But how about acting like a professional that is being paid millions especially when that frustration is directed at a teammate.  Keep that garbage behind closed doors.

As I stated when the OC and QB deserve respect they get it. What did MLF do to deserve respect? What did Wilson do to deserve respect?

You can not like the logic. But it’s true. Rodgers comes here and GW even in a game he maybe only sees a target or 2 would stay quiet. Bc Rodgers deserves respect bc of what he’s done and how he plays.

Want another example of this. OBJ had no problem complaining about Mayfield bc he’d done nothing to deserve that respect. Gets traded to LA where Stafford and McVay are there and he’s stays quiet. That’s bc they’ve earned respect.

I am sorry. I don't go with players on that.  It is mutual as ****.   It is on OC. Same for QB and WR.  Anyone decides to come out and whine about something that didn't work out in a peculiar game is selling public that it isn't his fault for that.  Moore is the worst one because he whined about a lack of touch in the game that Jets won.

Mac Jones went behind the coaching curtain to seek for offensive help and Bill Belichick didn't like that.  Since it was BB's fault that he didn't hire a proper coach for OC job, are we giving him a benefit of doubt because he has been a successful HC?  Come on.

Garrett Wilson has a lot of works, especially deep routes, to be complete NFL WR anyway. He has no business complaining about OC or the offense. Period.

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As I stated when the OC and QB deserve respect they get it. What did MLF do to deserve respect? What did Wilson do to deserve respect?

You can not like the logic. But it’s true. Rodgers comes here and GW even in a game he maybe only sees a target or 2 would stay quiet. Bc Rodgers deserves respect bc of what he’s done and how he plays.

Want another example of this. OBJ had no problem complaining about Mayfield bc he’d done nothing to deserve that respect. Gets traded to LA where Stafford and McVay are there and he’s stays quiet. That’s bc they’ve earned respect.

It is not so much about respect because, I agree, respect is earned, never given (a quote of the great Woody Hayes of OSU).  It is about acting like a professional.  Keep the gripes and ******* behind closed doors.

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

It is not so much about respect because, I agree, respect is earned, never given (a quote of the great Woody Hayes of OSU).  It is about acting like a professional.  Keep the gripes and ******* behind closed doors.

Not disagreeing with it. I'm saying why it happened. Yes I'd prefer GW to stay quiet as well. But I'm explaining as to why he did what he did. And quite frankly he's 100% correct in his line of thinking. MLF and Wilson didn't deserve the respect and benefit of the doubt bc they never earned it. And we're a better team when he's getting the ball. All that is true.

It's like getting into an argument with anyone you're 100% correct about and they know it.

Are you guys mad that GW opened his mouth? Or are you mad that he's correct and don't like being called out on it?

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I want guys who want to win.

You can want to win without being a ******. No one is saying GW or Moore or anyone else was wrong in their thinking but it was wrong to air that in public.

11 hours ago, xrade said:

You can want to win without being a ******. No one is saying GW or Moore or anyone else was wrong in their thinking but it was wrong to air that in public.

What GW did and what Moore did aren’t alike at all.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

What GW did and what Moore did aren’t alike at all.

I was using them as examples of maybe not being wrong but handling it in an unprofessional manner.  The point is I do not believe in airing grievances against teammates or the coaching staff in public as acceptable.