2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

You’re not wrong. We haven’t made the postseason since Sanchez. I’m just looking for this team to be playing competitive football in January it’s been way too long. I think carr gives us a great chance to make the postseason with the roster we have and we’re not gonna be drafting high enough to get a top tier qb prospect. I get what you’re saying we could end up like Minnesota and in purgatory but I’m sick and tired of missing the playoffs and I think carr gives us the best chance out of all of our options

I think that’s true but I think that leaves us in limbo of never being good enough to win but being just good enough to not make the changes needed to take that step. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Why can’t we have a stop gap vet to remain competitive while we draft someone to develop?

I dont see why not.  Aaron Rodgers wasnt a top 10 pick.  Neither was Big Ben, Lamar, Deshaun, Pennington or Dante Culpepper.  2 of which won Super bowls and the group combined has won at least 4 MVP trophies.

Edited by NYJETS52

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We can but that’s not the plan it seems they’re going with. We also haven’t shown the ability to develop a Quarterback in……60 years.

When you hear what the FO is saying… Wilson will not be the starting QB next year. He will be on the roster. But not starter. So some upgrade is going to be brought in. We just don’t know who and how long it fixes our QB situation 

8 hours ago, NYJETS52 said:

I dont see why not.  Aaron Rodgers wasnt a top 10 pick.  Neither was Big Ben, Lamar, Deshaun, Pennington or Dante Culpepper.  2 of which won Super bowls and the group combined has won at least 4 MVP trophies.

Our day of having a stop gap QB's are over, we all have had enough of that garbage. The only reason why Wilson, is still on the roster is because the Jet FO is trying save face, if the Jets cut Wilson now it will go down as one of the all time NFL bust just like Ryan Leaf. 

So I want to get their side…. Bc my stance is I don’t want to be done with Wilson… but he by no means needs to be in line to start for us after what he’s shown in 2 seasons.

With a top 5 D. An improved and healthy OL with Hall back. We should have a top rushing attack as well. So for me 100% an average QB can make us consistently a playoff team. But I’ve seen nothing from Wilson so far to think he can even be average in this league.

Are the ones still think Wilson should start with just a better backup thinking that just a new OC he will be good all of a sudden?  

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

When you hear what the FO is saying… Wilson will not be the starting QB next year. He will be on the roster. But not starter. So some upgrade is going to be brought in. We just don’t know who and how long it fixes our QB situation 

Yea. Right now I am scared, we have all this great young talent on the roster now and we have no idea who our new QB will be. Are we just unlucky because we failed with Smith Sanchez, Darnold,& Wilson, or are we just plain stupid, 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not about Wilson. Once you get into the territory of taking guys like Carr from the Raiders you go down this rabbit hole of mediocrity thinking you’re one piece away. We aren’t, not even close to that and Woody said it “QBs the missing piece” and that’s just not true. So when Carr doesn’t work out next is who? Dak if the Cowboys let him go, then we’ll try it with the next guy, etc…

I don’t like how this team thinks, they listen to the media and fans way too much (not that they should listen to me but they’re always swayed by public opinion). 

The plan should be what the Giants did after hiring Daboll and Woody should have said what Mara said.

We’re doing the opposite because we’re panicking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Our day of having a stop gap QB's are over, we all have had enough of that garbage. The only reason why Wilson, is still on the roster is because the Jet FO is trying save face, if the Jets cut Wilson now it will go down as one of the all time NFL bust just like Ryan Leaf. 

I disagree.  I think the reason they hold on to him is because of the accelerated dead money against the cap if the cut him this year.  If he shows improvement while sitting great.  If he doesn't they will cut him next year.  

Now signing a vet QB or trading for one like Carr should buy us time to draft another QB at some point and have him sit and groom him to take over for Carr.  

50 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not about Wilson. Once you get into the territory of taking guys like Carr from the Raiders you go down this rabbit hole of mediocrity thinking you’re one piece away. We aren’t, not even close to that and Woody said it “QBs the missing piece” and that’s just not true. So when Carr doesn’t work out next is who? Dak if the Cowboys let him go, then we’ll try it with the next guy, etc…

I don’t like how this team thinks, they listen to the media and fans way too much (not that they should listen to me but they’re always swayed by public opinion). 

The plan should be what the Giants did after hiring Daboll and Woody should have said what Mara said.

The team has a top 10 defense that was hampered by a terrible offense.  The defense allowed less than 2 TDs a game and less than 19 total points per game.  The offense didnt rank higher than 25th in any category.

QB is our biggest problem.  Oline was part of it but more because we were decimated by injuries.  What other areas would you like to fix?  

I just hope Carr is released and we don't have to trade for him. We need our draft picks so we can build our OL, get LBers, safety, and continue to improve. 

Derek Carr would be the best QB we have had, he is prime years still. 32 for a QB isn't old. Sounds like the jets want to continue to develop Zach Wilson, he needs a lot of work. Carr gives us a better chance next season. 

The Ravens plan to continue to negotiate with Lamar Jackson. I am not sitting around waiting on that missing out on a starting QB. Go get Carr. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I get what you’re saying. But Wilson while I haven’t given up on him. Doesn’t need to start. And in essence we shouldn’t start him again unless we have to. So to go with your line of thinking what should we do?

IMO is go get a guy like Carr and see what we have with him and continue to build the roster. Signing Carr doesn’t alter the rebuild of youth in this team. And try taking a QB in the misrouted that maybe pans out. I actually wouldn’t even do that this draft with Wilson likely still the “optimism” for us. But see what Wilson does this year as a backup and maybe he even gets playing time from injury or something and shows us something. Where we believe in him for 2024. Who knows. But if he’s on the bench all year. Maybe draft a QB in like the 3rd in 2024 and develop that guy.