2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

This is where he’s going

I don't think so. What is TEN selling to him? A RB in Henry who's great but little to nothing at WR and TE. Also with just an OK defense.

I know we're not used to it bc the offense skill players have always been bad. But we actually have selling points to go along with an elite defense. We're an attractive team to an established QB

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

He had no business being benched. Only reason why he did was bc they were completely out of the playoffs and for whatever reason decided wanted to see what they had with Stidham.

Carr's stats this year were 61% 235yds/gm 24 TDs 14 INTs. Stats produced just earlier this week brought to our light was that we haven't had a 20+ TD QB since the weird Fitz year. Take that season away and it's been crazy long.

Carr threw for 24 TDs without playing 2 games in an off year for him. You give him Hall, Wilson, Moore, (another WR), Conklin, Uzo... and he's regularly a 20+ TD guy for us. Probably a regular 25+ guy for us. I'd gladly give him 3 years guaranteed.

He was benched to avoid the injury guarantee. Now them moving on from is more telling than actually benching him but I'll chalk that up to McDaniels being McDaniels. 

Carr threw for 24 TDs without playing 2 games in an off year for him. You give him Hall, Wilson, Moore, (another WR), Conklin, Uzo... and he's regularly a 20+ TD guy for us. Probably a regular 25+ guy for us. I'd gladly give him 3 years guaranteed.

I give him 3 years guaranteed as well so we can draft our QB in 2024 then he either beats out Carr in his final year or gets a full two years on the bench. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I do believe Carr with Olson(Because he brought the best out of him) can give us something similar to what Cousins is doing for the Vikings. 

And Wilson no question becomes an elite WR in this league with good QB play. 

He had no business being benched. Only reason why he did was bc they were completely out of the playoffs and for whatever reason decided wanted to see what they had with Stidham.

Carr's stats this year were 61% 235yds/gm 24 TDs 14 INTs. Stats produced just earlier this week brought to our light was that we haven't had a 20+ TD QB since the weird Fitz year. Take that season away and it's been crazy long.

I like Carr. We can go back to the old site and find my break down on Carr when he was coming out of the draft. I wouldn't be mad if we did give him 3 years but there is a great chance he could be had for a year 2 out. I mean with in the extension. Either way, I'm cool. Teams will try to play it safe though. 

I just posted in a separate post, but I think he can be what Cousins is for the Vikings if we pair him with Olson. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He was benched to avoid the injury guarantee. Now them moving on from is more telling than actually benching him but I'll chalk that up to McDaniels being McDaniels. 

His last game was that bad. It was the final nail to McDaniels' desire to move on from him.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I don't think so. What is TEN selling to him? A RB in Henry who's great but little to nothing at WR and TE. Also with just an OK defense.

I know we're not used to it bc the offense skill players have always been bad. But we actually have selling points to go along with an elite defense. We're an attractive team to an established QB

There's other factors. Coaching, market (Carr is a family oriented person), Titans also have tons of cap space so they're going to add talent. They've had far more success recently than we have. 

Players also just think differently than we do as fans, that's why you'll see a guy like Allen Robinson in his prime sign with the Bears and rookie Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Never makes sense to us but to them they just do things lol. 

Factor in our negatives (coaching, OL play, media coverage) vs our positives (good young Receiver, good defense) its not as cut and dry. The guy who comes here, if anyone actually does, has to really want to play for this team.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

His last game was that bad. It was the final nail to McDaniels' desire to move on from him.

His last 4 were definitely dreadful. 

Chargers - 53%, 250 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick 89.6 PR

Rams - 55% 137 yards, 2 picks 36.9 PR

Patriots - 52% 231 yards, 3 TDs, 1 pick, 86.6 PR

Steelers - 53%, 174 yards, 1 TD, 3 picks, 42.2 PR

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

There's other factors. Coaching, market (Carr is a family oriented person), Titans also have tons of cap space so they're going to add talent. They've had far more success recently than we have. 

Players also just think differently than we do as fans, that's why you'll see a guy like Allen Robinson in his prime sign with the Bears and rookie Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. Never makes sense to us but to them they just do things lol. 

Factor in our negatives (coaching, OL play, media coverage) vs our positives (good young Receiver, good defense) its not as cut and dry. The guy who comes here, if anyone actually does, has to really want to play for this team.

Attracting players though since the JD, Saleh regime has been here really hasn't been a problem. I mean from what I can remember the only guy we've "lost" on that we "know" of is Tyreeke Hill. And that wasn't bc he thought MIA > NYJ... it was bc No state tax > state tax.

Attracting players though since the JD, Saleh regime has been here really hasn't been a problem. I mean from what I can remember the only guy we've "lost" on that we "know" of is Tyreeke Hill. And that wasn't bc he thought MIA > NYJ... it was bc No state tax > state tax.

Agreed but the dynamics are different now after this season. We're a bit more desperate, there's uncertainty around the organization going into the 2023 season. You don't think Carr's agent might say hey if this things blows up you'll be on the move again next off-season. Maybe you want to go somewhere where you know you can finish your career. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Kirk Cousins level play is only going to lead to complaints about it not being good enough to beat Allen, Mahomes and Burrow. Yall all know this already. 

I personally hate shortcuts and I feel this is what we're doing right now. 

In theory I see what you're saying if you have a team built like MIN I agree with you. But we're a team built with an elite defense. Which isn't going anywhere. They're young and good. Defense will always keep us in games. Heck we beat BUF with Wilson when he wasn't good. And if we had good QB play probably would've beat them the 2nd game as well. CIN was really our only game this defense didn't look good at all. KC we haven't played with this defense.

To potentially be in the same tier as the BUF, CIN, KCs would be a HUGE step for us. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Kirk Cousins level play is only going to lead to complaints about it not being good enough to beat Allen, Mahomes and Burrow. Yall all know this already. 

I personally hate shortcuts and I feel this is what we're doing right now. 

Have there been a ton of Jimmy G complaints? None of those teams have a run game.

On paper Daniel Jones sucks and I hated him coming out but he would be a great fit. Defense, run game plus his feet, generally mistake free, now has a bonafide star WR. 

25 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I can't see anyone offering a QB that got benched in his 30s a deal without a early out. That often goes to the 25yr old kids.  He may try to push it to year 3, but it's not going further than that if he can pull it off. 

He only got benched because of McDaniels.  He has flamed out everywhere as a HC and it is moves like this that are a reason why. 

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Have there been a ton of Jimmy G complaints? None of those teams have a run game.

On paper Daniel Jones sucks and I hated him coming out but he would be a great fit. Defense, run game plus his feet, generally mistake free, now has a bonafide star WR. 

I doubt Jones leaves the Giants. They stuck by him when he struggled and got him the right coach.