2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Now that’s a dual threat backfield. It might just work. 

+The Balltimore Colts, years ago change Tom Matte from QB to running back and it work out great for them. This is the only time I saw it make a big difference in a  move like that.. Before the move he was a backup QB for the Colts.

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Something to watch on Olson. Rams lost their OC so Olson would be a natural elevation into that spot and McVay might retire so if Morris takes over Head Coaching I could see him retaining Olson on the staff. 

At this stage I'm cheering for the moves over the next few weeks to be.....

OC: Reich (if CAR doesn't hire him as HC)

QB: Carr

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I'm sure we will hire a OC before March. 

I hope sooner than that.  Carr, if not traded, becomes a FA on Feb. 15.  I do not think he would last until March.  IIRC since he is a vet FA, he can sign before the new league year.  Do I have that correct?

10 minutes ago, xrade said:

I hope sooner than that.  Carr, if not traded, becomes a FA on Feb. 15.  I do not think he would last until March.  IIRC since he is a vet FA, he can sign before the new league year.  Do I have that correct?

Ya I think we hire an OC in the next 2 weeks. The sooner rather than later. But some of the guys we might want might be still in the playoffs. So that makes it hard.

But if Carr is who we are eyeing... it'd be in our best interest to trade for him in the next month. Not allow him to be a FA and get pother offers. This should also help us in FA if we are going after a WR (if we cut Davis and Berrios) and OL. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I think we hire an OC in the next 2 weeks. The sooner rather than later. But some of the guys we might want might be still in the playoffs. So that makes it hard.

But if Carr is who we are eyeing... it'd be in our best interest to trade for him in the next month. Not allow him to be a FA and get pother offers. This should also help us in FA if we are going after a WR (if we cut Davis and Berrios) and OL. 

3rd rounder for Carr? Do we have enough leverage for a 4th/conditional 4th that turns into 3rd if we make the playoffs, something like that. 

What WR and OL are out there? I like Noah Brown to replace Davis, wouldn’t mind a burner or Davis replacement later in the draft to develop. 

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

3rd rounder for Carr? Do we have enough leverage for a 4th/conditional 4th that turns into 3rd if we make the playoffs, something like that. 

What WR and OL are out there? I like Noah Brown to replace Davis, wouldn’t mind a burner or Davis replacement later in the draft to develop. 

I don't think it would take much to trade for Carr. He has a pretty high cap number and is getting 40 mill which is a little high for what he has done. I think JD will offer a player or pick. The teams that need a QB either don't have the cap space or not a QB away and need a lot more help.