2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They'll adjust. Let's say you bring in Carr and name him starter but he's outplayed by Wilson in camp and in the pre-season. How do you not play Wilson week 1 if he's been the best QB during the spring and summer?

I give that the same odds as Mims beating out GW as our #1 WR.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not really my point lol. 

I get that. My point is merely there’s no fathomable way Wilson beats out Carr. Carr would have to get hurt for Wilson to start. Which could happen and Wilson plays good while he’s out and we have a decision to make. But straight up Carr vs Wilson there’s a 99% chance Carr wins that.

I'm not really sure about the hate for Carr. He is significantly better than anyone we have had here. When have we had a QB who consistently throws for 4,000+ yards a season? 

Carr hasn't been in the greatest situations, the Raiders organization has been pretty bad. What other veteran QBs are there to get? Are we going for Baker Mayfield?  Jimmy?  Who is the guy who is significantly better? 

Lamar Jackson will cost multiple 1st round picks and he scares me as well, has a knee injury and if he loses speed or can't run anymore he will be useless as a QB. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I get that. My point is merely there’s no fathomable way Wilson beats out Carr. Carr would have to get hurt for Wilson to start. Which could happen and Wilson plays good while he’s out and we have a decision to make. But straight up Carr vs Wilson there’s a 99% chance Carr wins that.

You’re a psychic clearly

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If Wilson beats Carr that's a good problem to have.

Agreed, that means that Wilson has gotten to a top 10 level. Right now Wilson is far from that, he struggles with simple reads and simple things, he has zero confidence in himself. 

Wilson needs to be a backup and develop, I think he would have benefited if he had a situation like Aaron Rodgers had where he could sit for 4 years and develop. 

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That article Rosenblatt wrote for the athletic this morning about MLF and offense.. geez. There is definitely dysfunction in this organization still.

Eh dysfunction gets thrown around a lot but that just sounds like people being people. Not a good situation obviously but if Zach played well none of that happens. I do hate that they dumbed down the offense for him, but it was clear the MLF-Wilson pairing wasn't working. 

It sounds like Saleh handled it about as good as you can expect, and it makes the MLF departure make a little more sense. I think MLF is a good coach but either Zach ain't it or they just messed up his development.

• Like 1