2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

MLF leaving Jets.

FA isn't active.

Training camp doesn't start until this summer.

And yet, you said 100 percent that he wont start for week 1? 

Okay.

Unless our starter goes down yes I'm 100% sure.

Let me ask you this. Hypothetically let's say we cut Zach. Are any of the other 31 teams in the league picking him up and starting him in 2023? Once again, barring injury, absolutely not. He's not a starter in the NFL right now and needs to sit for at least a year no questions asked. Going into 2023 with him as your starter in a make or break year for a coach and a GM is suicide.

1 minute ago, Greene N White said:

Unless our starter goes down yes I'm 100% sure.

Let me ask you this. Hypothetically let's say we cut Zach. Are any of the other 31 teams in the league picking him up and starting him in 2023? Once again, barring injury, absolutely not. He's not a starter in the NFL right now and needs to sit for at least a year no questions asked. Going into 2023 with him as your starter in a make or break year for a coach and a GM is suicide.

If he is released, yeah he won't be on top demand as a starter. However, he is still with Jets and Jets have no viable qb on the roster for 2023 as right now.  Wilson is our starter by default.

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

MLF made the game plan and Moore wasn't included in. That was what got Moore upset.  Demanded to be traded. blah blah blah blah.   I dont know if it was a season long whine.

Just now, JetsandI said:

If he is released, yeah he won't be on top demand as a starter. However, he is still with Jets and Jets have no viable qb on the roster for 2023 as right now.  Wilson is our starter by default.

So that's my point. If none of the other 31 teams would sign him as a starter or even as a potential starter in 2023 then why would we? Someone would definitely sign him but it would be to hold a clipboard in 2023. In a make or break year for our staff it just isn't happening.

What was irritating to me is the fact that people still have this thought in their head. I think we, as a fanbase, need to get rid of this and weigh our actual options going forward. Zach starting in 2023 just isn't one of them. I get we drafted him at #2 and all wanted him to pan out but it just hasn't happened.

Just now, JetsandI said:

MLF made the game plan and Moore wasn't included in. That was what got Moore upset.  Demanded to be traded. blah blah blah blah.   I dont know if it was a season long whine.

Season started going downhill right about this time. We had just won 3 in a row and then that Cimini tweet dropped, Moore replied and it all came crashing down. 

See the thing about MLF was his approach was awful, him being forced to lean on the run game helped us win games where as when he had Flacco and White throwing 40/50 times wasn’t the recipe. You pair that with selfish young receivers and a struggling Quarterback and of course there was an implosion. 

The team got what they wanted which was Mike White. Garrett got his yards and likely OROY, MLF got to run his offense and put up yards but no points and the fans got to see Zach sit the bench. But in all we missed the playoffs. 

Aside from the QB discussion I personally think it's crazy that people are criticizing Saleh as much as they are. For our defense to go from last in the league to one of the top units this year is super impressive and I see him as a great leader and BY FAR the best we've had in years. It's crazy how we can go into the year with 0 expectations then get into the playoff hunt and now that there are expectations demand more out of the guy. He's obviously made a few mistakes on the offensive side of the ball but he seems to be building a winning culture. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Season started going downhill right about this time. We had just won 3 in a row and then that Cimini tweet dropped, Moore replied and it all came crashing down. 

See the thing about MLF was his approach was awful, him being forced to lean on the run game helped us win games where as when he had Flacco and White throwing 40/50 times wasn’t the recipe. You pair that with selfish young receivers and a struggling Quarterback and of course there was an implosion. 

The team got what they wanted which was Mike White. Garrett got his yards and likely OROY, MLF got to run his offense and put up yards but no points and the fans got to see Zach sit the bench. But in all we missed the playoffs. 

Is it described as a failed leadership? If so,  @Sandwhich2🙂

6 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Aside from the QB discussion I personally think it's crazy that people are criticizing Saleh as much as they are. For our defense to go from last in the league to one of the top units this year is super impressive and I see him as a great leader and BY FAR the best we've had in years. It's crazy how we can go into the year with 0 expectations then get into the playoff hunt and now that there are expectations demand more out of the guy. He's obviously made a few mistakes on the offensive side of the ball but he seems to be building a winning culture. 

I'm all for Saleh. We're two seasons in and everyone views us as "scary if they only had a QB". That's very far from the joke we were at the end of last season. If we can continue to improve, we should be playoff bound next year and he should be firmly off the hot seat.