2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

If Carr is actually going to accept a trade I don't want him. 

If Carr goes to the Saints, the Saints cut Jameis Winston. For a quarter of the cap hit and no draft pick I would rather have Jameis over trading for Carr and minus the 1 year he had 30 picks, he'd still be a significant upgrade over what we have now at least for the upcoming season. I was all about Carr if he forced his way to getting released and want to come here as a FA but he is not worth trading for IMO.

Jimmy G is 100% going to be a FA but I am afraid the Pats are going to be all over him. With that defense and running game, stable QB elevates them substantially. 

I have a weird feeling the QB we end with could be considered very underwhelming even if it truly is an upgrade. 

Winston, Minshew, Wentz or Brissett may end up being where we end up. 

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

I dont wanna go cheap, but u said need those high picks to build the oline and Rodgers would cost the highest picks of those qbs u named.

Im still in the offer whatever it takes for Lamar Jackson camp. Ravens can say whatever about wanting to keep him, but at the end of the day money talks, so if they are not willing to give what Lamar wants, so other team will.

iT sure looks like Lamar & his Mommy want cash but let hope they don't want our top draft picks.

Drafting a rookie in the first round really doesn't make sense and trading up for a rookie makes even less sense imo. If this was the 2024 offseason and we went with Jimmy G/Carr in 2023 and were a first round playoff exit but showed improvement it's a good idea to potentially trade up for one and let the kid sit for a year in 2024 but to do that this year would be asinine.

15 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Drafting a rookie in the first round really doesn't make sense and trading up for a rookie makes even less sense imo. If this was the 2024 offseason and we went with Jimmy G/Carr in 2023 and were a first round playoff exit but showed improvement it's a good idea to potentially trade up for one and let the kid sit for a year in 2024 but to do that this year would be asinine.

So it wouldn't make sense to reunite Stroud and GW? Like the Dolphins, Eagles, and Bengals didn't just have massive success employing that strategy?

47 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

iT sure looks like Lamar & his Mommy want cash but let hope they don't want our top draft picks.

Even if he is traded, I doubt that Baltimore trades him within the conference. He'd seemed destined for the NFCS in a trade scenario.

I think with what the FO has said is we swing big for Rodgers or Carr. We miss in them, then I think we try and get Jimmy G. If that fails then we look at the tier down like the Minshew and Brissett type guys. Where sad enough it is a QB competition in camp. But I expect us to try every resource we can via trade and such before that route.

15 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

So it wouldn't make sense to reunite Stroud and GW? Like the Dolphins, Eagles, and Bengals didn't just have massive success employing that strategy?

Absolutely not. I personally think stroud is garbage but I wouldn't even do that if I thought he was good. It just doesn't really make sense to be trading massive draft capital for an uncertainty at QB at this point. If the team makes the playoffs and has a vet under center that we trust it's a completely different story. I think San Fran (Had Jimmy G when they drafted lance) and KC (Had alex smith when they went up and got mahomes) had the right idea. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think with what the FO has said is we swing big for Rodgers or Carr. We miss in them, then I think we try and get Jimmy G. If that fails then we look at the tier down like the Minshew and Brissett type guys. Where sad enough it is a QB competition in camp. But I expect us to try every resource we can via trade and such before that route.

Just gotta have faith. I don't see a scenario in which we leave this offseason with Minshew or Brissett under center after what transpired this season.

28 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Absolutely not. I personally think stroud is garbage but I wouldn't even do that if I thought he was good. It just doesn't really make sense to be trading massive draft capital for an uncertainty at QB at this point. If the team makes the playoffs and has a vet under center that we trust it's a completely different story. I think San Fran (Had Jimmy G when they drafted lance) and KC (Had alex smith when they went up and got mahomes) had the right idea. 

Everything you've said in your last couple of posts tells me you don't actually know football.

Stroud is garbage??? Your opinion is garbage.

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I still don't understand the Rodgers talk. Why would the Packers trade him and let him play elsewhere while still paying all that dead money. It isn't movable. Maybe they see what Carr price is but another higher than a day 3 pick I think is too much unless we are going to seriously consider trying to trade some of the guys we may look to release, and even that may be significantly less than the Carr price. We need our picks. We are getting closer, but we still have plenty of holes and very little resources outside of draft picks. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I can’t get behind giving up a ton of draft capital for a QB who may be here 1-2 years and is nearing 40. Plus what cap hit are we looking at?

At least $31m in year 1 and $40m year 2 and it looks like we would still be on the hook for $59m and $51m year 3 and 4 when hes 42 and 43. Sounds like the exact way to literally ruin all the tearing down and rebuilding Joe Douglas had to do post Macagnan. Yikes. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I watch two of Brissett games this year and he play real. well. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I see Carr fitting most systems. Crazy to think he’s never been part of a team that wasn’t in the bottom 10 defensively and never really had a great WR until this last year. Yet still produces good season’s statistical.

I don’t pay attention to the Raiders fan base when judging him. I said it before as a comparison. They’re frustrated with him. But the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I say this in regards to us with CJ. Most this fan base is done with him and his salary. But good luck finding someone close to as good as him elsewhere.

I’m more inclined to listen to them as they’ve actually watched him for 9 years. Also I don’t think he, nor any QB for that matter, fits any scheme. Especially at this stage in his career I think he’d want to be in a scheme he’s comfortable with to be the best version of himself. 

34 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I can’t get behind giving up a ton of draft capital for a QB who may be here 1-2 years and is nearing 40. Plus what cap hit are we looking at?

Everyone is impatient, something is gonna happen. Fans and media already saying no more development just get a guy, any guy. So here we are.