2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

Al-Shaair entered the 2021 season as a starting linebacker for the 49ers. He started 13 games, finishing second on the team with 102 tackles, along with two sacks, five passes defensed, an interception, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries”

id be good with that signing

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Bears overpaid for Edmunds. Dear God 😂 They gave up Roquan to overpay Edmunds?!? 

I know they still have about $75 million in cap space but that is a pretty steep contract.  After watching Jacksonville last year and Chicago this year make big-money moves, I am definitely appreciative of how Brad Holmes has handled himself.

7 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I know they still have about $75 million in cap space but that is a pretty steep contract.  After watching Jacksonville last year and Chicago this year make big-money moves, I am definitely appreciative of how Brad Holmes has handled himself.

I don't think they have that much left. They have to take on DJ Moore's contract.

3 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

Odd signing considering he's not very good in man coverage and we run man more than any other nfl team. 

I am not sure who posted it but I am guessing @Karnage84, we ran the second most man coverage but it was still only like 45% of the time.  And we also were not successful when running it.  Although Anzalone was solid in man coverage but the rest fo the team not so much. 

39 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions re-sign Anzalone, 3 yrs $18.75 m, no details on guaranteed money. 

Not a huge fan of this one.  He had his best year last year but I still think LB is a huge need and we know what we will get from him, which is meh.  And 6M+ per year is a lot for that IMO.  Should have looked at Kaden Ellis, bring home a legacy Lion and someone who played under DC and AG in New Orleans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I am not sure who posted it but I am guessing @Karnage84, we ran the second most man coverage but it was still only like 45% of the time.  And we also were not successful when running it.  Although Anzalone was solid in man coverage but the rest fo the team not so much. 

Oui, c'est moi. 

That was the more perplexing part of it. We ran it quite a bit in contrast to the rest of the league and yet none of our guys really seemed to grade out well doing it. 

14 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Copying from twitter- Cam Sutton coverage grades last season...

"*top 5 coverage grade in man

*top 7 coverage grade in zone 

*top 3 in PBU in the league 

*tied for most PBU+INT in the league 

*elite tackler in open space 

*called the smartest player on the field by everyone on his own defense

*elite ability to come down and blow up WRs

Elite."

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Copying from twitter- Cam Sutton coverage grades last season...

"*top 5 coverage grade in man

*top 7 coverage grade in zone 

*top 3 in PBU in the league 

*tied for most PBU+INT in the league 

*elite tackler in open space 

*called the smartest player on the field by everyone on his own defense

*elite ability to come down and blow up WRs

Elite."

We need all of that to balance out the enigma that has become.  He will also help any young CBs we draft.