2023 Offseason Thread

Superduperman

13 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I meant the appeal of the city as a place to live, not the appeal of the team itself. Not many people are going to choose southeast Michigan over south beach all other things being equal.

Regardless of his reasons by all accounts Jalen wanted to be in Miami, if Detroit was his preferred destination he'd likely be a lion right now as it seems like the Rams were willing to send him wherever he preferred to go and according to all reports the Lions were definitely in the hunt to try to acquire him.

Plus he went to FSU and played for a while in Jacksonville.  Seems he likes FL, which is somewhat understandable.  And that lack of state income tax is huge when talking the money he makes.  At the average of 20M of his deal, that's an extra 850k a year in his pocket.  Albeit living in Miami probably costs about that much more for something equivalent in Detroit. 

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions re-sign Buggs. Sounds like $2.1m full guaranteed, $4.5m base salary and another $1.5m in incentives Buggs was so solid for us in the middle last season. Love this deal. 👏🏾

I thought that sounded like a lot until I realized it was a 2 year deal.  $3M a year for him plus a little for incentives is a very solid signing.  Glad to have him back. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I thought that sounded like a lot until I realized it was a 2 year deal.  $3M a year for him plus a little for incentives is a very solid signing.  Glad to have him back. 

It's right at where I'd thought he'd sign ($2-3m per yr). I love it. Provides good depth and leadership.