Chrono Trigger Mafia (Lavos and Magus wins!)

38 minutes ago, rackcs said:

For me I believe Deadpulse about being attacked but fending off the attacker. He was still roleblocked though by his own admission and we only had one kill in a game big enough where I wouldn't be shocked to see more than one kill.

38 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Not sure why he'd offer this info up out of the blue though if he was roleblocked scum.

So your logic is more based off of "why" in this case, because seeing more than one kill is something that I also generally expect in a Nacho game. IMO it's just as plausible that he is trying to get ahead of potential information...and perhaps he did the inverse of what Malfatron ALLEGEDLY did in seeing the writeup, seeing it wasn't his faction (or knowing with first hand knowledge that it wasn't since he was blocked), and then getting out in front of it.

Or, someone else in his faction carried out the hit and he's trying to cover up for a block or something else of sorts. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

So your logic is more based off of "why" in this case, because seeing more than one kill is something that I also generally expect in a Nacho game. IMO it's just as plausible that he is trying to get ahead of potential information...and perhaps he did the inverse of what Malfatron ALLEGEDLY did in seeing the writeup, seeing it wasn't his faction (or knowing with first hand knowledge that it wasn't since he was blocked), and then getting out in front of it.

Or, someone else in his faction carried out the hit and he's trying to cover up for a block or something else of sorts. 

But in any of your scenarios, is he townie?

Just now, Ragnarok said:

But in any of your scenarios, is he townie?

I think it largely depends upon Dome's flip, which we don't know. If Dome was any type of scum variant, I feel better about Deadpulse, because I always find a D1 bus to be counter-intuitive to a degree where you just roll with an "oh well it was D1, may as well be random" off the cuff response when BCB flips Town.

Then again, in a likely/almost certainly multiball setup, I don't know if it matters if he's on another scum faction. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

But is it really getting ahead of the info when everyone is just immediately going to assume you were a roleblocked kill anyways? I do see what you're saying though and regardless of why he would offer up the info or not, the fact that he was roleblocked and we only had the one kill is suspicious in and of itself.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I was voting Malf and still may very well end up there. I think Deadpulse and Ragnarok warrant a push as well, and would like to see these three up towards the top of the list today to explain themselves.

Can you clarify? I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

We have the debate between “no even closer” or “not even close”

Occam’s Razor would suggest that Orca simply stopped typing at the end of his sentence and it was unfinished rather than it be some kind of ridiculously crazy scenario where he left out a letter in the middle of a sentence. Just trying to apply last game’s logic here 

VC

The Orca - 5 - Whicker, Malfatron, ET80, Monster A, Deadpulse

Deadpulse - 3 - 11sanchez11, Whicker, MWil23

ET80 - 3 - The Orca, Forge, 11sanchez11, Daboyle

Malfatron - 2 - Deadpulse, Pickle Rick

Whicker - 2 - Pickle Rick, The Orca

MWil23 - 2 - gopherwrestler, Malfatron

11sanchez11 - 1 - MWil23

Xmad - 1 - Daboyle

Scoundrel - 1 - Forge

Vote or die: @Xmad

Cannot vote: Ragnarok

22 minutes ago, rackcs said:

But is it really getting ahead of the info when everyone is just immediately going to assume you were a roleblocked kill anyways? I do see what you're saying though and regardless of why he would offer up the info or not, the fact that he was roleblocked and we only had the one kill is suspicious in and of itself.

I think we're saying the same thing here to an extent. Let's see if I can break it down for myself/you/whoever:

*Deadpulse had some heat after the OT vote on Dome and subsequent fallout (See: All the memes)

*Night actions are processed with BCB Dead, subsequent Town flip

*Deadpulse immediately comes right out with information on multiple fronts. 

Here's where it gets interesting IMO. Perhaps/likely that Deadpulse knows his faction wasn't successful in the kill, which btw, could have been attempted with some sort of item/faction item. So it's plausible that he was attempted blocked/blocked and then chased away his unknown assailant (scum or Town per Nacho lore and BCB's flip) with the very item he was going to use to carry out the faction kill.

He then tries to get ahead of it since the lone kill was carried out by the other faction and not his.

Given a lot of us have played Nacho games, but I don't recall that he has, perhaps it wasn't as "clear" on him as he hoped.