49ersfan

COTY - Kyle Shanahan

CPOY - Saquon Barkley

OPOY - Justin Jefferson

DPOY - Nick Bosa

MVP - Patrick Mahomes

OROY - Kenneth Walker III

DROY - Sauce Gardner

I feel like these choices are all pretty easy. Is there any real competition for any of them? Kyle Hamilton could challenge Sauce I guess but I don't think many voters realize how good Hamilton was this year (graded out 1st overall among all safeties). CPOY could be Geno Smith, but idk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

COTY - Kyle Shanahan

CPOY - Saquon Barkley

OPOY - Justin Jefferson

DPOY - Nick Bosa

MVP - Patrick Mahomes

OROY - Kenneth Walker III

DROY - Sauce Gardner

I feel like these choices are all pretty easy. Is there any real competition for any of them? Kyle Hamilton could challenge Sauce I guess but I don't think many voters realize how good Hamilton was this year (graded out 1st overall among all safeties). CPOY could be Geno Smith, but idk.

Yes, certainly some competition for COTY with Sirianni and Daboll as strong candidates.

OROY could possibly be Wilson.

The rest look to be no-brainier choices. I may be missing someone for CPOTY as I have not focused too much on that award. 

COTY: Kyle Shanahan - I might vote Nick Sirianni personally, but I think this is kind of a mini-lifetime achievement award to break the tie. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it whatsoever, but rather that it's just super close this year with Sirianni and Daboll (and even some other guys), and I think his name recognition kind of splits the tie.

MVP: Pat Mahomes - Seems obvious

OPOY: Justin Jefferson - Seems obvious

DPOY: Nick Bosa - It's basically him and Parsons, according to Vegas. He has 5 more sacks in 1 less game. Obv MP plays everywhere, but I think this is Bosa's to lose. 

OROY: Garrett Wilson - 1100 yards in NY. Could also see Walker here. 

DROY: Sauce Gardner - He's -1200 to win right now. He's got the name recognition, plays a sexy position, and happens to be pretty good at it

CBPOY: Geno Smith - He's even money with Barkley right now, but I just think Geno's super likeable (so is SB, but you know what I mean)

Edited by Soggust

MVP: Should- Mahomes; Will- Mahomes
OPOY: Should- Mahomes; Will- Justin Jefferson 
DPOY: Should- Chris Jones; Will- Nick Bosa (this should is a bit unfair to Bosa. I have them so close, I'd go Jones but Bosa 100% is deserving)
OROY: Should - Garrett Wilson; Will - Kenneth Walker
DROY: Should- Sauce Gardner: Will - Sauce Gardner
CPOY: Should- Saquon Barkley: Will - Geno Smith
COTY: Should- Andy Reid: Will - Brian Daboll

• Like 1

Coach of the year: 

I think this is a 3 man race. Daboll / Sirianni / Shanahan with my two favorites being Shanny / Daboll. 

I tend to think that this is a narrative award and there are three things that really come to the forefront: Sheer dominance, massively exceeding expectations, and overcoming adversity.   Before the Hurts injury, I think I was going to give it to Sirianni because I Think they would have just finished like 16-1,  2 games ahead of everyone and he would win just through sheer dominance. But that's not what happened, and truthfully, I don't think that coach of the year favors coaches who win a lot with MVP caliber quarterbacks when they aren't significantly better than the field.  Lafleur got no real traction with the Packers while he had MVP Rodgers. We seriously ignore Andy Reid every year even though we all know he's one of the best coaches in the league and should have more than one of these awards lol.  MVP Lamar got John Harbaugh coach of the year, but they also massively exceeded their initial expectations, which is something I believe matters when this vote comes in. 

Meanwhile, Daboll didn't win 10 games and it has been a loooooooong time since that has happened, so I'm not sure how much that will ding him, but that's a team that's overcome injuries and far exceeded expectations of their talent level, which makes voters feel like the coach is doing something substantial. 

Winner: Ultimately I think this goes to Daboll with Shanny second and sirianni third. It could come in the exact opposite order and I wouldn't be that surprised though. 

Executive of the year: 

I think that this goes to Howie, but John Schneider should certainly get some love 

MVP: 

I think that this goes to Mahomes and I think he wins it pretty comfortably, to be honest. 

OPOY: 

I think a lot of people are going to go Justin Jefferson here, and I think that is probably a reasonable call. I think it helps his case that guys like jacobs and Henry, both of whom had more scrimmage yards and tds than Jefferson played for non playoff teams and CMC switched teams mid year. I think you can bounce Hill from the conversation just because he's had a worse year statistically than Jefferson. 

I do really want to give some love to Austin Ekeler here too though. Without Allen and Williams, he was really needed and he put up some big numbers and a lot of touchdowns. 

Winner: Give me Jefferson  as well. I'm going to exclude CMC because I don't really know what to do with that,  and for me Jefferson just taking over games for that team and willing it to victory in a couple is something else. 

DPOY: 

This is Bosa for me.  Lead the league in sacks despite missing nearly 2 full games. His lead in QB hits is absurd (48 to 35 over Maxx Crosby), and he was second in tackles for loss (Crosby first). He also made a couple of huge plays that don't show up on the stat sheet - a sack on a 2 point conversion and throwing Kolton Miller into Stidham's lap forcing a game winning INT in overtime last week. His rates are pretty absurd this year when you consider how often he rushes the passer. 

My hottest take here is that my second place finisher wouldn't be Micah Parsons, it would actually be Chris Jones, who gets double teamed more than any DT in the league yet still wins at a higher rate than pretty much any DT. 

OROY: 

This one is tough. I'm going to go with Garrett Wilson but Olave's efficiency was crazy and Walker / Allgeier both hit 1000 yards despite not opening the season as full time starters. 

DROY: 

Probably going to go Sauce here. Very impressive season as a lockdown corner out of the gate. Corner is a very difficult position to transition to in the NFL too. 

Comeback player of the year: 

Saquon is fine. Its really hard for me to get into this award.