Is his goose Cooked? (Upd: Officially now a J-E-T, 8/16)

swede700

Dalvin Cook’s agent is “speaking to” other GMs with his comments in recent weeks. He likely has the feeling Minny is releasing him, and since the surgery he is positioning the content he says for other teams. “He’ll be back ready to play” and “imagine, if a team correctly called run plays for him”

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Dalvin Cook’s agent is “speaking to” other GMs with his comments in recent weeks. He likely has the feeling Minny is releasing him, and since the surgery he is positioning the content he says for other teams. “He’ll be back ready to play” and “imagine, if a team correctly called run plays for him”

the eternal optimist in me is he is seeking out a trade partner.

PLEASE

Edited by battle2heaven

21 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

the eternal optimist in me is he is seeking out a trade partner.

PLEASE

I was on board with trading Cook, Adam, Eric and Kirk last year, when we would have gotten solid return value. This year, I just can’t see us getting much (for the first three on that list). 

8 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I think this is hilarious from his agent. They see the writing on the wall and he's made a few raised eyebrow comments in the last couple of weeks. They seem to be prepping for a collision course here.

Now picture Dalvin Cook fumbling the bag in a really inopportune time and then acting hurt afterwards, and then coming in the very next play. Oh wait, we can actually see that multiple times a year. 

See ya, Dalvin.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Curious what they do, especially with Mattison also potentially out.

What go with Ty Chandler, Kene Nwangwu and a rookie?  

Bijan Robinson Texas JR RB

I have him falling to the Bills pick and if not then the Eagles might take him to replace Sanders.  I would not be against that at all, he is younger obviously and way cheaper than Dalvin Cook.  Maybe he should be a 1st pick.  I would not take Gibbs that high, Robinson has more power and strength, Gibbs is more a versatile back but not super powerful.  

Or wait till the 3rd, 4th or 5th round and get one of these guys... DeWayne McBride, Zach Charbonnet, Deuce Vaughn, Devon Achane, Tyjea Spears, Mohamed Ibrahim or Israel Abanikanda or Kendre Miller, Chase Brown or Tank Bigsby.

Might be a nice way to get value and save some green.  Actually looking at the depth of the class waiting till the 3rd, 4th or 5th might be the better idea.  

Or I would not mind Deuce Vaughn in the 3rd or 4th round.  Great pass catcher and is hard to tackle, super toughness as well.  Could be a great value and Ty Chandler would be a good insurance policy if Deuce takes some time, but Deuce in the passing game could be totally killer.  

deuce-vaughn-dv22.gif

deuce-vaughn-dv22.gif

deuce-vaughn-ksu.gif

deuce-vaughn-emaw.gif

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Or wait till the 3rd, 4th or 5th round and get one of these guys... DeWayne McBride, Zach Charbonnet, Deuce Vaughn, Devon Achane, Tyjea Spears, Mohamed Ibrahim or Israel Abanikanda or Kendre Miller, Chase Brown or Tank Bigsby.

I think this is the way. This is a deep class, you can wait til 4/5th rounds and get someone to pair with chandler. Probably a bigger back?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I think this is the way. This is a deep class, you can wait til 4/5th rounds and get someone to pair with chandler. Probably a bigger back?

I like big backs but in the NFL of today and with the Vikings OL not sure a big back is the way to go.  Need speed and make you miss ability, but the big backs are McBride and Charbonnet no question.  Guys like Evan Hull or Sean Tucker are solid and could be around in the 6th or 7th round.  

Just seems like a good way to save some cash yet still get a solid player potentially, but they have to hit on it because not sure Chandler is some star but sure looked like in in the preseason but that is obviously not everything.  

If they do get rid of Cook and do not resign Mattison, and Bijan is just sitting there in the 1st, would be hard to pass up on him.  He has the most super star potential of any of the backs and he has toughness as a runner and big play ability and can also make you miss in the open field along with catch passes out of the backfield.  He is the most complete.

Vaughn and Gibbs are complete as well they are just not as physically tough or as big as Bijan is.  Gibbs could be late 1st round or 2nd but Vaughn because of his size could totally be there in the 4th and be a great value.  

I heard that yesterday during the interview, and I found that a rather odd statement to make...that they're going to keep him just because he is already guaranteed $2M.  I personally think that's an irrelevant factor.    

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I heard that yesterday during the interview, and I found that a rather odd statement to make...that they're going to keep him just because he is already guaranteed $2M.  I personally think that's an irrelevant factor.    

I think that it’s more due to the fact that cutting him doesn’t net much savings. And there’s still no surefire replacement on the roster. 

There are about 6-8 moves that I could see them making before they make a move with Cook. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think that it’s more due to the fact that cutting him doesn’t net much savings. And there’s still no surefire replacement on the roster. 

There are about 6-8 moves that I could see them making before they make a move with Cook. 

You can always get a rb, but I also think they like ty chandler. 

you can make cook a post 6/1 cut designation. Doesn’t help you clear space now,  but it’ll clear space to sign rookie class, do a Hunter extension, etc in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It's just a question of whether they do something first with Cook or Cousins?  😂  They are both probably around the same spot on the list, although I think I'd put Cook ahead of Cousins because of the importance of the position (RB is certainly less important).