Is his goose Cooked? (Upd: Officially now a J-E-T, 8/16)

swede700

He is not going to be on this roster (he’ll likely be cut before that happens), if he wants a faster resolution, he should advise the team he will be returning to facilities for his own walk through and answering reporters questions honestly. 

Edited by CriminalMind

50 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

He is not going to be on this roster (he’ll likely be cut before that happens), if he wants a faster resolution, he should advise the team he will be returning to facilities for his own walk through and answering reporters questions honestly. 

Well, he has to show up for mini-camp, if he's still on the roster.  If he's going to be moved, it's going to be before then. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Miami gets $13.5M in cap space tomorrow when Byron Jones is officially off the books. They could afford Cook. 

Also, if Cook is traded to Miami, don’t be surprised to see Mostert or Wilson as part of the trade. 

Mostert makes sense i think. I bet they'd keep Wilson.

I want a day 2 pick. For that to happen, we'd probably have to give up a 4 or 5, right?

38 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Mostert makes sense i think. I bet they'd keep Wilson.

I want a day 2 pick. For that to happen, we'd probably have to give up a 4 or 5, right?

If they want a 4 back, then I'd want a 3rd and 5th with them taking his full salary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

No reason to take Mostert or Wilson as part of the trade. We have enough RBs on the roster and don't need to add their salary. 

Then Miami likely won’t take on Cook’s full salary. 

Cutting Cook saves $9M, while trading him saves $11M. Getting Mostert, or Wilson, back in a trade would cost $1.16M, or $1.08M respectively, still netting the Vikings more in savings than an outright release. Not to mention any draft compensation. 

• Like 4

Generаl mаnаger Kweѕі Adofo-Menѕаh іѕ drаggіng hіѕ feet on Cook for а reаѕon, аѕ reрortѕ of іntereѕt from ѕeverаl сontenderѕ іnсludіng the Mіаmі Dolрhіnѕ, Buffаlo Bіllѕ аnd Phіlаdelрhіа Eаgleѕ сontіnue to roll іn. ESPN’ѕ Jeremy Fowler аррeаred on а Sаturdаy, June 3 edіtіon of SрortѕCenter, durіng whісh he reрorted the Vіkіngѕ аre “holdіng out” іn аn аttemрt to сreаte а bіddіng wаy for Cook’ѕ ѕervісeѕ.

Fowler:  “Teаmѕ I tаlked to belіeve the Vіkіngѕ аre oрen to а trаde аnd mаybe holdіng out for thаt. So, they held onto Cook’ѕ $14 mіllіon сар hіt for а whіle now аnd саn do ѕo а lіttle bіt longer іn the ѕhort-term. But they саn ѕаve $11 mіllіon on theіr ѕаlаry сар іf they trаde hіm now thаt we’re раѕt June 1. And ѕo, ѕhould be ѕome іntereѕt there іf they саn ѕhаke іt out.”

https://mw2.live/vikings-hold-out-to-create-dalvin-cook-bidding-war-between-contenders-thao

might Kwesi be cooking the Cook...?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Every day I come here, expecting news on this front....

I hear ya...I think we're all just in a waiting pattern.  I fully expect something to happen prior to minicamp, just because that's required...and why require someone to come who's not going to be there in training camp. 

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

Every day I come here, expecting news on this front....

Yes. And there isn't anyone out there we can read statements from who knows any more than we do.

One thing you can say about Kwesi, is that he runs a leak proof ship.

• Like 1