Ravens, Roquan agree to 5 year extension

Forge

9 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Giants could have used a player like him since Jesse Armstead retired lol. Guess we'll just have to settle for Tremaine Edmunds.

No way!   Steelers bringing him to Pittsburgh to form yet another brother combo on the team.

11 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Giants could have used a player like him since Jesse Armstead retired lol. Guess we'll just have to settle for Tremaine Edmunds.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

No way!   Steelers bringing him to Pittsburgh to form yet another brother combo on the team.

You guys paying him 18 mil per year?

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

His market value before the season was 11, after the year he's had and this deal, I would imagine he won't want less than 18/y

Im not against 14 or 15 per for 3 years....but 18 seems pretty steep seeing as he isnt and hasnt been a consistently elite off ball defender.

I don't anticipate getting him, but we may be looking for 2 new starting ILBs, so...it COULD happen.

On 1/13/2023 at 10:06 AM, Trentwannabe said:

You guys paying him 18 mil per year?

Hell yeah! We haven't had a good LB in two decades, he's really young, he's a Bill, and y'all have to make some cap casualties and need him less than we do. It makes way too much sense, even if he's somewhat inconsistent given his rep.

On 1/11/2023 at 11:18 AM, malak1 said:

I guess its a philosophical thing. I don't think you should ever have the highest paid ILB or RB in the league on your roster unless they are generational. 

To add to this point the Bears had the worst defensive line in the league this year. Roquan was very inconsistent for the Bears before being traded. Some of that was his own doing but much of it was the line in front of him. The Bears would be wise to allocate their many resources this off-season to their lines on both sides of the ball. Paying Roquan would have pleased most fans I’m sure but what’s the point if he’s invisible because his line sucks? It would be like making Josh Jacobs the highest paid at his position when your offensive line is trash. It’s no surprise that he looked much better for Baltimore who always have a very good defensive front. 

• Like 1