Ravens, Roquan agree to 5 year extension

Forge

36 minutes ago, viking said:

A stack of money makes players want in though and The Bears have a ton of money

He was offered a lot and they were negotiating, so Poles put him on PUP to prevent him from getting injured in TC. Then he went on a twitter rant claiming the Bears were trying to take advantage of him, went on with his sob story and so on and demanded the trade. This was after he and Poles had spoken and agreed to protect him with the PUP. He got offered a significant deal but wanted more, which is cool, he is the one signing the deal and he SHOULD want to alter the market. But Poles called him out on it and pulled him off PUP. Then he has his buddy call franchises and tamper illegally, trying to gauge other teams' interest in him. NFL had to warn teams about the tampering issue. Poles pretty much was done with him after the antics.

The notion Poles wouldn't pay him is dumb - and I'm not pointing to you specifically just the entire notion. KC has paid huge contracts to guys like Jones and Eberflus comes from IND, who had Shaquille Leonard as the highest paid offball LB in the league prior to this deal. The WILL is one of the most important roles in Eberflus' defense.

That being said I like Smith and I'm glad he got paid. BAL has the DL to help keep him clean and make plays. Should work out well for BAL for several years. I don't believe Poles offered him $20 mil though. Top 5 yes, but likely not the top contract. I'm betting he - being a former OL himself and how KC built their defense around Jones - values the trenches more than LBs. No proof, just headcannon honestly.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar right now

Eric Greenspan (@ChefGreeny) / Twitter

We have like $200M guaranteed money invested in our defense and it's still not even top-3 in the NFL.

Not sure what his problem is. The organization went out and got DeSean Jackson, Mike Thomas, and it’s already an indictment that he hasn’t succeeded with the other great veteran weapons at his disposal.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

they got him SAMMY freakin WATKINS as well!

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/reports-sammy-watkins-signs-with-ravens

How the heck has Sammy never produced with any of Mahomes, Rodgers, Lamar, Goff/Mcvay is beyond me.

Also yay go ravens now pay Lamar when we inevitably choke in the AFC title game against either the chiefs or bills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't think our FO values the position highly enough to drop that kind of cash on it. 

It's a weird position to value. You don't want to overpay good ones, but the great ones are worth their big time money deals. 

So basically, either have the 19/20 million dollar guy, or have two 8-10 million types and a rookie deal guy as your 3, a rookie as your 4, and a special team guy as your 5. 

Nobody is hurting if their top couple of linebackers are basically Dre Greenlaw instead of Fred Warner. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a weird position to value. You don't want to overpay good ones, but the great ones are worth their big time money deals. 

So basically, either have the 19/20 million dollar guy, or have two 8-10 million types and a rookie deal guy as your 3, a rookie as your 4, and a special team guy as your 5. 

Nobody is hurting if their top couple of linebackers are basically Dre Greenlaw instead of Fred Warner. 

It really is.