Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Derek Carr and Mac Jones passing by each other in the Vegas airport 

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Woah.  Raiders cut Derek Carr, then trade for a massive downgrade.  Davante gonna be big mad.

Mac at the $4M cap hit looks a lot better than Carr at $40M for me, gives us the flexibility to improve the rest of the roster and we don't have to reach for a QB we don't like. We were able to land Mac for a third essentially. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Wow! I did not expected that trade for Las Vegas. I really thought it would be Rodgers or a free agent.

On other notes. Denver still gathering offers for Courtland Sutton and Garett Bolles.

Would also trade lesser valued pieces to be able to pick someone in the draft 🤪

We inquired about Aaron Rodgers, Trey Lance, Jordan Love, but ultimately couldn't turn down acquiring a decent starting QB with a $4M cap hit. I would've swung on a rookie but I just didn't feel comfortable with Levis or Richardson at #7 and guys like Jimmy G/Baker will probably be double-triple the price of Mac.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We inquired about Aaron Rodgers, Trey Lance, Jordan Love, but ultimately couldn't turn down acquiring a decent starting QB with a $4M cap hit. I would've swung on a rookie but I just didn't feel comfortable with Levis or Richardson at #7 and guys like Jimmy G/Baker will probably be double-triple the price of Mac.

Tho I'm not a big big fan of Mac, I did not expect for him to be available. Raiders could do way worse than him.

IRL if Mac really becomes available I fully expect Vegas been the #1 possibility for him.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Players I am hearing are very popular with several teams this round:

RB Saquon Barkley

WR Odell Beckham Jr

G Issac Seumalo

G Nate Davis

G Ben Powers

T Mike McGlinchey

LB David Long

CB Emmanuel Mosley

CB Byron Murphy

S Jesse Bates

That just reminded me....

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If I were to trade for a tagged player would I be able to renegotiate a new deal immediately to lower his cap hit in year one? @ny92mike

Same day yeah.  With that damn extension sheet I may need to change something to allow it.  But if you're talking about doing it before this round then no.

• Like 1