Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

IRL I think Texans sign Azeez... I just couldn't include him in this round. (Good get SEA)

Needed a QB, MLB, C, and CB more.

Well WR as well, but them mofos is trying to get paid!  LOL

I saw Chark's number and knew multiple teams would bid.  I would have been nowhere near CHI's #.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He will start for Washington, and $6 mil per year makes him the 22nd highest paid LT in the league.  Not sure how that's a bottom 5 contract. 

6 Mil per year is a lot for a guy who has started 9 games in 3 years.   

I almost bid on him for upside,  but I definitely wouldn't want to be relying on him to start at the blindside.  

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

6 Mil per year is a lot for a guy who has started 9 games in 3 years.   

I almost bid on him for upside,  but I definitely wouldn't want to be relying on him to start at the blindside.  

Ya but my point is $6 mil is practically nothing for a starting LT.  If he works out he's a steal.  If he doesn't they can just cut him. 

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

appreciate it.  All you guys really for being patient.  I'm not the spring chicken any more.  

Take care of yourself, broski!

I thought this round pretty well (esp. for Texans... wink).

Always excited for 1st round of FA (despite the Homer gif)

Get some rest!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but my point is $6 mil is practically nothing for a starting LT.  If he works out he's a steal.  If he doesn't they can just cut him. 

Fair enough.  It’s just one that stood out that got paid well above what I expected.  

16 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Man kicking myself for switching off David long Jr to kazir white 

With bids showing I didn't think I'd land David long , comes to show I would of easily landed him 

Still happy with kazir white though , will be the coverage linebacker we've been missing in Pittsburgh 

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

I knew I was going to overpay for somebody

Nearly 2X as much for Moseley (darn you, TB! That $$$ was supposed to go to Jamel Dean).

Plus, $20M over nearest bid for Edmunds.  But Cap's defense needs that versatile LB in the middle.  IRL I think Texans target Edmunds.  I just don't think at that price point.  4 years, $40M seems more like it.

Our goal is playoffs tho!  Gotta spend $$$ to get there.

2 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I knew I was going to overpay for somebody

Nearly 2X as much for Moseley (darn you, TB! That $$$ was supposed to go to Jamel Dean).

Plus, $20M over nearest bid for Edmunds.  But Cap's defense needs that versatile LB in the middle.  IRL I think Texans target Edmunds.  I just don't think at that price point.  4 years, $40M seems more like it.

Our goal is playoffs tho!  Gotta spend $$$ to get there.

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Like 2