Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Coming in late and being way over the cap, I feel like I have done as well as could be expected with the Bills.

Was never going to be able to afford Tremaine Edmunds and Jordan Poyer, feel I got adequate replacements.

Free Agents Signed Acquired via Trade    
QB 2 Josh Allen Matt Barkley    
RB 4 Kareem Hunt James Cook Nyheim Hines Duke Johnson
FB 1 Reggie Gilliam      
WR
Stefon Diggs Khalil Shaikr Dezmon Patmon Tanner Gentry
WR Gabe Davis Kenny Golloday KeeSean Johnson John Brown
WR KJ Hamler Isaiah McKenzie Isaiah Coulter  
TE 4 Dawson Knox Josh Oliver Quintin Morris Zach Davidson
LT 2 Dion Dawkins Tommy Doyle    
LG 2 David Edwards Alex Bars    
C 2 Mitch Morse Greg Mancz    
RG 2 Ryan Bates Nate Herbig    
RT 2 Spencer Brown Alec Anderson    

Offense 32        

DE
Greg Rousseau Boogie Basham Kingsley Jonathan  
DE Von Miller AJ Epenesa Mike Love  
DT
DaQuan Jones Brandin Bryant Cortez Broughton  
DT Tim Settle Kendal Vickers Eli Ankou  
WLB
Matt Milano Baylon Spector    
MLB Leighton Vander Esch Raekwon McMillan Terrel Bernard  
SLB Tyrel Dodson Joe Giles Harris    
CB
Tre'Davious White Tay Gowan Christian Benford  
CB Kaiir Elam Kyler McMichael Keisean Nixon  
NCB Taron Johnson Siran Neal Ja'Marcus Ingram  
S
Terrell Edmunds Mike Adams Jared Mayden  
S Micah Hyde Damar Hamlin    

K 1 Tyler Bass      
P          
LS 1 Reid Ferguson      
PR   Keisean Nixon      
KR   Keisean Nixon      

Defense 35        
Edited by downundermike
  • Like 1

Everyone excited for a Colts FA breakdown?? Good, I thought so.

Well I believe this team is much closer to being a contender then a lot of people outside the fanbase like to credit them with. Maybe not SB ready today, but ready to fight for our division certainly. So my goal, as always, is mostly to build through the draft. With that in mind, my first big move was to trade away Michael Pittman Jr and a couple of 3rd rounders, along with 1.4 to get up into that first spot. We're a culture organization, so getting to pick a face of the franchise who also fits our culture was important to the front office. 

However, trading away Pittman left us with a lack of depth and skill at WR. We brought back Ashton Dulin who has shown he understands the system and has executed like a vet when needed for us. We added Jakeem Grant to be a shifty #4/5 WR, but largely to be an excellent return man. He's wildly under-rated IMO. The biggest splash was adding a Cowboys breakout receiver from last year in Noah Brown. He has the size the Colts tend to chase at the position, and has shown an ability to win at this level and be a quality run blocker on the outside as well, something the Colts prioritize. 

Our defense has been good in recent years, led by D. Buckner, Shaq Leonard, and Kenny Moore. I tried to make a calculated splash to elevate us into the top 5 in most metrics by going after Jordan Poyer, who has proven to be a top-10 cerebral playmaker at safety for the last number of years in Buffalo. He's a bit older, but what he brings in leadership and consistency to the back end won't go unnoticed. And health has not been much of an issue for him over the years, so we took the swing. We also brought back Yannick Ngakoue, to give us a quality trio of Edge players, between himself, the emerging Kwity Paye, and recent high draftee Dayo Odeyingbo who I believe is ready to announce his arrival in 2023. 

Also grabbed a new starter at PK in Matt Gay. He's been very consistent the last couple seasons and is an upgrade for us. Grabbed Geoff Swaim, a consistent run-blocking TE to fight for a spot. Dan Skipper on the OL, big guy who can fight for a job on the outside up front. And Gabe Jackson, who I think wins our starting RG spot outright and improves our consistency. This guy is a man-crush of mine. Has never been to a probowl. But has also never played below average and in 9 seasons has played less than 13 games only once (11 games). He is the model of consistency/reliability. Easy, cheap signing for me. Also brought back depth CB Tony Brown and added QB Josh Johnson. Again, I think he's an underrated player in the league. Has made 3 different offenses look threatening when I've seen him play. Let him fight for the job  ;)

I think our special teams improved (kicking/returning), our defense has the pieces to be top 5, just up to Gus Bradley to bring it together (Leonard staying healthy would go a long way). And our offense is in flux, but we have the pieces to get back to being a top 10 OL, and we'll continue to build around the ground game and setting up play action. Pretty happy with how it's all coming together. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Coming in late and being way over the cap, I feel like I have done as well as could be expected with the Bills.

Was never going to be able to afford Tremaine Edmunds and Jordan Poyer, feel I got adequate replacements.

Kenny Golloday was the only head scratcher for me.

He was over paid by the Giants by that stupid general manager of ours, thank god he is gone.  But he did absolutely nothing to help the team out.  We were starting players well below his talent level because he just refused to play or something it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen in football.  

Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't imagine any team giving him another chance after his performance with us.  So glad the team released him IRL.  

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Kenny Golloday was the only head scratcher for me.

He was over paid by the Giants by that stupid general manager of ours, thank god he is gone.  But he did absolutely nothing to help the team out.  We were starting players well below his talent level because he just refused to play or something it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen in football.  

Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't imagine any team giving him another chance after his performance with us.  So glad the team released him IRL.  

I got him for the vet minimum.  If we can find that guy who played for the Lions, worth a flyer, if it doesn't work out, nothing lost.

Just now, downundermike said:

I got him for the vet minimum.  If we can find that guy who played for the Lions, worth a flyer, if it doesn't work out, nothing lost.

I can understand that, just saw that you had him high on the depth chart you posted.  

Yeah when we signed him I really thought we were getting someone.  He was awesome in DET, but the Giants under Dave Gettleman turned everything into trash.  Was hoping that when the new GM and coaching staff came in that he'd follow suit with the rest of the team and return to form.

Just now, downundermike said:

Need anyone to take over another team ??  Looks like your Seahawks owner is one of them.

Not yet.  I'm going to be sending out messages to these guys and if I get no reply back I'm going to fire them.  Tired of it all.  Not fair to the ones that are participating.  They are taking up teams that could have gone to people that would have been active.  

I get it if emergencies or life gets in the way but not replying to my messages is so disrespectful.

• Like 1

I need to see what the cap is on the following teams to see if thats why they haven't been active, but here is the list of teams that haven't had a bid in FA in the last two or more weeks.

MIN, NE, NYG, TB

@KingOfNewYork @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @BucsDraftGeek47

I need to know if you guys are still involved in this mock draft.  If I don't receive a reply back I'm going to assume you are no longer involved and I'll be forced to replace you.  

You guys have until this friday to reply back to this message.

Thanks.

If I release Calvin Ridley, he says he wants 1.1mil in FA. If I offer to extend him he wants 12mil lol.
I'm debating between if I want space to keep playing in FA or if I want to keep Keenan Allen / Calvin Ridley / Christian Kirk / Zay Jones / Robbie Anderson for a super WR group.

Like if Ridley asked FA for 12mil I'd cut him thinking I'd have a real shot to compete in a few rounds when I was able to. No way he lasts at 1.1mil for even a round.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I need to see what the cap is on the following teams to see if thats why they haven't been active, but here is the list of teams that haven't had a bid in FA in the last two or more weeks.

MIN, NE, NYG, TB

@KingOfNewYork @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @BucsDraftGeek47

I need to know if you guys are still involved in this mock draft.  If I don't receive a reply back I'm going to assume you are no longer involved and I'll be forced to replace you.  

You guys have until this friday to reply back to this message.

Thanks.

I’m in.

Hey guys, wanted to introduce myself to the forum. 

My friend @downundermike let me know about this Total Control Mock Draft. We've been active members on the Eagles Message Board for years.

I was part of something similar (albeit not at the same level of detail as this mock) on the EMB for years and would be interested in joining if there's an opening?

I was told that you might need someone to fill in for Dallas or another team?

• Like 1