Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

@ny92mike 

See this is what I was complaining about before Mike when I had that issue with the Ryan Kelly extension.

After last round of FA, the only guy I signed was Singletary, and I was sitting at $62,000 in the positive. I literally didn't even get involved this round, entered nothing, double checked your round 8 results, signed no one. But now I'm negative $302,000

Somehow that workbook is altering things on it's own, changing values or whatever. Not sure how, but this round is proof to me. I checked I was in the positive after Singletary 3 different times. I was. But I'm not now.

Unless....the move to pick 1 got updated and that made a big enough impact? I lost a 3rd round pick, so thought the value would balance out. But maybe not?

And because the draft values were auto-included, like probably a lot of people I never thought to double check this.

Unless....the move to pick 1 got updated and that made a big enough impact? I lost a 3rd round pick, so thought the value would balance out. But maybe not?

And because the draft values were auto-included, like probably a lot of people I never thought to double check this.

You also moved up now in the second round....the value of pick 32 is higher than pick 35 and probably the difference of having picks 140 and 164 from only having 162 was not enough to match up the difference from 35 to 32

8 minutes ago, Trojan said:

4. Arizona Cardinals - I like Skoronski, but like the Commanders ding, guard in the mid-first feels off -- even if he's good -- and he was drafted to play guard in this situation, though reserve tackle bonus points on the redemption side. I feel like after the trade down the Cardinals landed in a sweet spot for what I view as a top need in cornerback -- Witherspoon, Ringo and Porter shortly after with Banks and Cam Smith also being selected in the round. I really liked the trade down after they were super sniped by the Texans for Will Anderson, I just think a pivot to another defensive need where a lot of top prospects were in range would have been nice. I think I may be a little skewed know he drafts John Michael Schmitz next round and passes on defense again. 

Won’t argue with you too much but I didn’t ignore defense as I’ve take Felix Anudike at 33. Don’t feel like I had to take corner after picking up Danny Johnson and Duke Shelley in free agency while still having Marco Wilson behind them. Protecting Kyler has always been my #1 priority this off-season. Perhaps to a fault 

Don't think this is it.

$1,026,805  

That's the pick I lost

$7,377,569
$7,049,260
$6,840,339
$6,601,571

Top pick is the one I made, bottom the spot I moved up from.

So $776,000 more for the move up. But I lost a cap hit of $1,026,000. If anything I gain $200,000+ in that transaction. So I'm still lost.

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

Don't think this is it.

$1,026,805  

That's the pick I lost

$7,377,569
$7,049,260
$6,840,339
$6,601,571

So $776,000 more for the move up. But I lost a cap hit of $1,026,000. If anything I gain $200,000+ in that transaction. So I'm still lost.

2 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

You also moved up now in the second round....the value of pick 32 is higher than pick 35 and probably the difference of having picks 140 and 164 from only having 162 was not enough to match up the difference from 35 to 32

$2,257,081
$1,826,188
$1,811,263
$1,796,341

Ahh, you got it I think. Expensive 2nd round move up. Lose about $450,000 there. So that's probably it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Don't think this is it.

$1,026,805  

That's the pick I lost

$7,377,569
$7,049,260
$6,840,339
$6,601,571

That's because the cap is top 51 contracts or something like that. I'll edit this with some better info as I type.

edit1:

Make believe 12 man team, with a top 10 cap:
Highest paid player listed first

Player 1 - 10mil
Player 2 - 8mil
Player 3 - 7mil
Player 4 - Draftee making 4mil
Player 5 - 4mil
Player 6 - 3 mil
Player 7 - 2 mil
Player 8 - 2 mil
Player 9 - 2 mi
Player 10 - 1.5mil
Player 11 - 1 mil
Player 12 - 750k

If I cut player 10, I don't save 1.5 mil. I save 500k as Player 11 is now my top 10.  If I draft a higher slotted guy that makes more than 4mil, that's all a hit. If I cut player 11 I save nothing as he isn't registered in the top 10 cap. If I cut player 11 and player 10, I no longer save 500k, but instead 750k as long as a fill out my roster with guys 750 or cheaper.

edit2: looks like you found it in the post above before I look at the real numbers

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

@ny92mike 

See this is what I was complaining about before Mike when I had that issue with the Ryan Kelly extension.

After last round of FA, the only guy I signed was Singletary, and I was sitting at $62,000 in the positive. I literally didn't even get involved this round, entered nothing, double checked your round 8 results, signed no one. But now I'm negative $302,000

Somehow that workbook is altering things on it's own, changing values or whatever. Not sure how, but this round is proof to me. I checked I was in the positive after Singletary 3 different times. I was. But I'm not now.

I'm just not sure what is going on.  This is the first year that I've shared the official workbook with the GM.  

Never had an issue with this happening in the past.  Wish I had a better answer for you but I can assure you the formulas are the same as everyone else's.

I'll look to see if I can find the issue.

Just now, ny92mike said:

I'm just not sure what is going on.  This is the first year that I've shared the official workbook with the GM.  

Never had an issue with this happening in the past.  Wish I had a better answer for you but I can assure you the formulas are the same as everyone else's.

I'll look to see if I can find the issue.

We found my error Mike.

I focused on the trade to 1 overall, but forgot about the recent trade up to 32 from 35. That proved to be expensive.

I’m working on it. Made 1 cut in the transaction thread 

27 minutes ago, Trojan said:

5. Philadelphia Eagles - Adebaware seems like a combine superstar, and I get that his athletic gifts could develop into a good pick in the Eagles rotation (and I'll admit I haven't followed enough to know if the DL depth was retained or if the rookie will get a lot of snaps, but I assume he's learning behind Brandon Graham). This is a SB team though and a developmental gamble doesn't seem like boost to get the ring. Long term maybe, and maybe Ade is ready and I am wrong. I just feel like a more ready less combine super star selection could theorhetically made a push to argue for a championship next year. Christian Gonzalez on the other hand was a slam dunk in that respect and a great replacement for losing Bradberry.

I really don't understand your argument at all. Eagles were in the Super Bowl largely because of an elite rotation of D-lineman. I lost several members of the line and another one is 35 years old.

The Eagles often play a 5-2 front. 

Right now that 5-2 front would be  Sweat-Jordan Davis-Milton Williams-Brandon Graham- Hassan Reddick. 

Primary backups are Dean Lowery (who i just signed) and Derek Barnett coming off of an ACL. Adebaware with his rare blend of size and speed can rotate on the interior and on the EDGE providing much needed snaps and rotation all over the line.

Also, all because you hadn't heard of someone before the combine doesn't mean they are a "combine warrior".....

Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Also, all because you hadn't heard of someone before the combine doesn't mean they are a "combine warrior".....

Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

lol I've heard of him. He's definitely a combine warrior. I took one too. I loved Nolan Smith the prospect, but that doesn't take away from he blew the combine out of the water and I was nervous he'd not make it to my pick. Your pick was a combine warrior. Washington was one, the Falcons DT was one. If this was pre-combine I'm pretty sure you'd have selected a certain Trojan.

edit: Also Milton Williams is a starter for you? Has he proven anything since his great combine?

Edited by Trojan

@ny92mike Any chance you can help me with a Kenny Moore extension? 

Trying to resolve this cap issue once and for all. I would have done it weeks ago if it wasn't so difficult to deal with extensions/restructures in that workbook.

Was it two total COMBINED restructures and extensions, not two each?? Because it won't even let me try right now. I can enter the years, the signing bonus. But it keeps giving me an error message when I try to enter a value in the base salary column.

Edited by RTTRUTH

Trying to resolve this cap issue once and for all. I would have done it weeks ago if it wasn't so difficult to deal with extensions/restructures in that workbook.

Was it two total COMBINED restructures and extensions, not two each?? Because it won't even let me try right now. I can enter the years, the signing bonus. But it keeps giving me an error message when I try to enter a value in the base salary column.

Yeah heading there now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trojan said:

lol I've heard of him. He's definitely a combine warrior. I took one too. I loved Nolan Smith the prospect, but that doesn't take away from he blew the combine out of the water and I was nervous he'd not make it to my pick. Your pick was a combine warrior. Washington was one, the Falcons DT was one. If this was pre-combine I'm pretty sure you'd have selected a certain Trojan.

edit: Also Milton Williams is a starter for you? Has he proven anything since his great combine?

I feel like Milton Williams has shown fairly well in the little bit they've let him on the field. They have some established guys in front of him with Fletcher Cox and Hargrave. So my man doesn't get a whole lot of repetitions.

6 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Try it now.  May need to refresh the page.