Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

I thought about Voorhees if only because the niners can't handle 10 draft picks no matter what on the roster. He could have been redshirted a year for some value. 

But I still have PTSD from Baalke doing that with the 49ers from 11-13. 

• Like 1

Yeah I mean I don't love having to commit a redshirt season in the 4th round. But I've got a 2nd round grade on Vorhees, in a weak guard class. These days an ACL tear on a young guy just isn't the concern it would have been 10-15 years ago.

And our defense on paper in this Sim should legitimately be a top 3 group. So I have to try and find ways to make the offense a monster going into 2024, if not just noticeably better this year.

Starting G a year from now >> than developmental T or defender who doesn't start right away. I have to protect the new face of the franchise. I think our interior is set through 2026 now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

Yeah I mean I don't love having to commit a redshirt season in the 4th round. But I've got a 2nd round grade on Vorhees, in a weak guard class. These days an ACL tear on a young guy just isn't the concern it would have been 10-15 years ago.

And our defense on paper in this Sim should legitimately be a top 3 group. So I have to try and find ways to make the offense a monster going into 2024, if not just noticeably better this year.

Starting G a year from now >> than developmental T or defender who doesn't start right away. I have to protect the new face of the franchise. I think our interior is set through 2026 now.

He was on my Shot list for my pick coming up soon, agree good value here and worth taking a shot on.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

The Indianapolis Colts select:

Veteran USC offensive lineman Andrew Vorhees will return for final season | SuperWest Sports

Andrew Vorhees - G - USC Trojans

Trying to find an excellent value here. Obviously he's getting a redshirt rookie season. 2024 partner for Q.Nelson and Ryan Kelly. 

@LuckyNumber11 otc

Was gonna be the Bills next pick.

Gimme about 20 minutes to regroup and make a pick.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

@Daniel If I didn't go Gaines, it was going to be him. He was actually the highest rated player on my board. 

Exact same situation. I have OO as OC2 (just behind John Michael Schmitz) and a bit higher than Gaines, but Gaines was a more natural fit at LG, where OO will be for now.

Also, getting Gaines would give the Titans the most athletic draft class hands down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Also, getting Gaines would give the Titans the most athletic draft class hands down.

Jordan Addison? The linemen are athletic though. Addison is kinda just a guy athletically, but a great route runner and feel for the zone. If Addison were the real Titans pick, and you took Treylon Burks I'd see it. As is surely someones collecting athletes comparable though.

edit: Seattle with Carter + Murphy + Downs is a contender before peaking their mid rounders, ditto Detroit with Tyree Wilson (Devon Witherspoon) Mazi Smith and Jahmyr Gibbs.

Edited by Trojan