Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It now has some more players with higher values but there are still a lot of guys who will be in demand only asking for vet minimum. Jawaan Taylor is on the tag this year for instance. Kaleb McGary and Mike McGlinchey will be pursued as well. Orlando Brown may get tagged again for a 20% raise but his asking price should be a lot higher than last year's tag number. 

At this point it is what it is.  I'll look for another option to use outside of grading.  This takes several hours to adjust each time and I've done it like 4 times already can't see another attempt getting any closer.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just a quirky worksheet error, I think...

but if you have negative space, the workbook looks like it won't allow me to do a contract extension even if it lowers the current year cap hit of said player? 

Nick Bosa's cap number for 2023 is 17.5 Million. I did an extension that drops his first year cap hit to 10 million. All of the contract requirements pass, but it just gives an alert that says "Contract exceeds available cap". I'm not sure if that causes an error for the work book or not  @ny92mike

Future years shouldn't be an issue. I'm not really sure what's going on because the proration amount is off? 

Reducing cap hit by 7 won't get you under the cap?  If so,  then leave it and work on others to get under the cap to see if your primary extension is validated. 

I think I remembered my work with Saints and it took me forever to get it done. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

After quick glance on OTC, Steelers have only Cameron Sutton without a contract (voided).  Dotson and Trubisky are under contracts for sure.

I didn't cut them.  Only one I did was Sutton.  I would have remembered cutting trubisky.

But at this point I don't even know what I'm doing.  Starting to think I'm too old for this.

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Reducing cap hit by 7 won't get you under the cap?  If so,  then leave it and work on others to get under the cap to see if your primary extension is validated. 

I think I remembered my work with Saints and it took me forever to get it done. 

No, it has to do with how the extensions work. I was less than 2 million over the cap and reducing his cap would have worked. But there's a quirk to the extension where it's adding something to my extension...I'm guessing it's this year's base salary, not sure. 

I gave Bosa a 40 million signing bonus (8 million a year), but the workbook is showing the prorated amount is 15 per year. Its adding something in and I'm not really sure what because his base salary this year is the fifth year option (17 million or something) but its prorating over 7 million a year in addition to my signing bonus 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just a quirky worksheet error, I think...

but if you have negative space, the workbook looks like it won't allow me to do a contract extension even if it lowers the current year cap hit of said player? 

Nick Bosa's cap number for 2023 is 17.5 Million. I did an extension that drops his first year cap hit to 10 million. All of the contract requirements pass, but it just gives an alert that says "Contract exceeds available cap". I'm not sure if that causes an error for the work book or not  @ny92mike

Future years shouldn't be an issue. I'm not really sure what's going on because the proration amount is off? I have the signing bonus as 40 million, which should be 8/yr, however the worksheet shows the proration as 15 million? Do I have to do this in the restructure option since I want the new contract over the fifth year option? 

Thanks man, I'll check it out.

Jesus guys I'm sorry.  I hate this so many issues.  At this point I wish I'd not made these new workbooks.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Thanks man, I'll check it out.

Jesus guys I'm sorry.  I hate this so many issues.  At this point I wish I'd not made these new workbooks.

Don't sweat it. Just grateful you put this on. 

I have the extension set up in the work book and you can look at it whenever. Specifically look at the converted prorated values on the left and how it is adding to the prorated portion on every year of the contract. 

Just now, Forge said:

Don't sweat it. Just grateful you put this on. 

I have the extension set up in the work book and you can look at it whenever. Specifically look at the converted prorated values on the left and how it is adding to the prorated portion on every year of the contract. 

Ok.

Thanks man, just forgot.  The previous workbook it was the same stuff.  

Too many formulas and things going on in them, it's stressing when right now it seems like nothing is going right and the deadline to start is rapidly approaching. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I didn't cut them.  Only one I did was Sutton.  I would have remembered cutting trubisky.

But at this point I don't even know what I'm doing.  Starting to think I'm too old for this.

They're all cut trubisky, William Jackson , akhello Witherspoon 

I'm cool with all that though it was going to happen anyway , only one was Dotson that I wouldn't just cut

And Sutton is still on my roster , as much as I'd like to keep Sutton on a million dollar contact , he's a free agent 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

No, it has to do with how the extensions work. I was less than 2 million over the cap and reducing his cap would have worked. But there's a quirk to the extension where it's adding something to my extension...I'm guessing it's this year's base salary, not sure. 

I gave Bosa a 40 million signing bonus (8 million a year), but the workbook is showing the prorated amount is 15 per year. Its adding something in and I'm not really sure what because his base salary this year is the fifth year option (17 million or something) but its prorating over 7 million a year in addition to my signing bonus 

I have same problem.   It looks like we have to get under the cap before doing some extension work.   I hope it isn't that case.

I have messed around in the workbooks a little for restructures and whatnot, Mike...so if you need me to back those out so you can get a cleaner look at the extension, let me know....but the more I look at it, the more I think the problem is just the quirky pro-ration on the extension and doesn't have anything to really do with the lack of cap space since the quirky pro rations is what caused me not to save any cap lol