Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

To make things easier on everyone when it comes to voided contracts.

Just gonna make them all UFA and the dead money will get tacked onto this year.  I'll make exceptions for Bucs and NO if they have any voided contracts.

LoL, “IF”. Saints whole starting lineup and at least one big name FA have voided years already included

• Like 1

man... I can tell you right now, I am no Capologist 😆

I've only messed around with cutting some players a little bit, but at this rate I'm going to have a hard time just getting to where I can sign my draft picks, let alone sign any FAs

I thought the Brady thing would have given me a little bit more room to breathe , but I think it only ended up saving me like 6M

couple things that I think might be good for discussion

1. increasing the future year cap compliance.  most teams that are cap tight in the NFL will push money into the future year(s) and be over the "projected" cap and repeat the process of pushing cap into future seasons
  2. increase the number of players and/OR the amount of restructure allotment teams have to work with.  NFL has no restrictions on restructures.  limiting them in TCMD will cause teams to be hard pressed to get to cap compliance.  I am not sure it needs to be full scale, but some % of what a full amount of what could be restructured might be good.  Values from OTC could be used as a calculation

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Probably a dumb question, but where are the links to the team pages that we can edit?  All the links on the League Office Page are coming up view only.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Probably a dumb question, but where are the links to the team pages that we can edit?  All the links on the League Office Page are coming up view only.

Start here and scroll down and see if this helps you. 

17 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

I genuinely hope the next CBA closes this annoying loophole. Feels a bit too much like baseball or something. A cap is a cap. 

It's not really a loophole, just a mechanism for a team to push cap hits down the road and load up for a season. Tampa did that for 2021 and again in 2022. At the end of the season, most people thought Brady would play in 2023, just somewhere else like San Fran or Las Vegas. If he'd gone elsewhere Tampa would get the 35 mil hit in 2023 so it's something they just have to deal with.

Hey, I was looking at the O-line APYs in free agency and they are way out of whack. Orlando Brown is the only free agent asking for more than 10 million per year. He's at the 16 mil from last year's tag but has said publicly he wants 25 mil per year. Other well known players like Conner McGovern and Mike McGlinchey are only asking for vet minimum, being willing to take big paycuts. Can we get the O-line asks in line with the D-line APYs? 

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

Hey, I was looking at the O-line APYs in free agency and they are way out of whack. Orlando Brown is the only free agent asking for more than 10 million per year. He's at the 16 mil from last year's tag but has said publicly he wants 25 mil per year. Other well known players like Conner McGovern and Mike McGlinchey are only asking for vet minimum, being willing to take big paycuts. Can we get the O-line asks in line with the D-line APYs? 

We've seen in the past though, the best players go for over whatever their APY is listed as. 

On 2/9/2023 at 8:42 AM, MikeT14 said:

Where are you going to click your team? You want this spot in the message from Mike

2023 - Total Control General Manager Mock Draft
Created by the fan; for the fan
Welcome to another installment of Total Control GM Mock Draft!
Carolina Panthers
Total Control GM Mock Draft Personal Team Workbook
Carolina Panthers - Official Roster

I can get to that for the Titans, but I can't edit anything.  It comes up as view only, even though I'm logged into my google account.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I can get to that for the Titans, but I can't edit anything.  It comes up as view only, even though I'm logged into my google account.

but you're clicking the one at the top of the message from Mike? Not the one that shows all of the teams?