Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Just now, ny92mike said:

Which numbers?  the rookie values?

We're good man.  I'm going to roll with these numbers.  It's a close to perfect as it can get.

Appreciate all the help guys.

@MKnight82 @JetsandI

No, the sum of the 51 cap numbers is $209,935,293 + rookie $3,530,805 = $213,466,098.  I get these numbers too when using your numbers but OTC has the 51 cap number as $208,451,469.

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If you include the rookie pool then it should be between $218-219

A few rookie salaries will bump a few salaries out of top 51.   Math the difference for that.  That is why it is not simple work like add and subtraction as you remove and add players.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

The rule of 51 applies to cap hits, not base salaries. So a team's first round pick will likely be part of the top 51 cap hits on the team. 

right, base salaries are vet min and unless you have 51 or less they most likely aren't being included in the top 51 total.  Just their signing bonuses are being included since all signing bonuses are included top 51 or not.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

TCMD part, did you use the final number of Top 51 salary? if so, you have to include dead money and rookie salaries since Mike already calculated them in for that section as you could not be able to remove them to meet your criteria.

We weren't talking about dead money or available cap space we were discussing the total 51 cap hit. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

A few rookie salaries will bump a few salaries out of top 51.   Math the difference for that.  That is why it is not simple work like add and subtraction as you remove and add players.

No the math was simple I was just using the wrong number.  I was using the total cap number instead of just bonuses.  Its a weird quirk for the rookies vs how the other 51 is calculated. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

No the math was simple I was just using the wrong number.  I was using the total cap number instead of just bonuses.  Its a weird quirk for the rookies vs how the other 51 is calculated. 

All good guys.  Took a minute but we got there.

Thanks again, for being patient as we got it resolved.

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Understandable.

This mock, we use full scale off season rules at once, give or take, instead of one part a time per deadline like real life.  For salary cap I mean.

That is why I ask you to ignore OTC if there is any small difference between TCMD and OTC.   Big difference will require some serious attention.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Understandable.

This mock, we use full scale off season rules at once, give or take, instead of one part a time per deadline like real life.  For salary cap I mean.

That is why I ask you to ignore OTC if there is any small difference between TCMD and OTC.   Big difference will require some serious attention.

I'm familiar with how this mock works.  Mike has asked me to check his spreadsheet math for like a decade.  If you thought I was being contentious I wasn't.  I was just trying to help him get it right.  Cause last night the formulas weren't working correctly. Now they are. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Even if you're including the rookie pool.  Then it should be $209ish + $9.5ish mil = $219ish mil total cap hit 

the net cost of the rookie picks is what you need to look at as each rookie will replace a player in the top 51

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm familiar with how this mock works.  Mike has asked me to check his spreadsheet math for like a decade.  If you thought I was being contentious I wasn't.  I was just trying to help him get it right.  Cause last night the formulas weren't working correctly. Now they are. 

No, all are good.   I was behind in this situation so I had zero idea what was going on until then.

Just now, JetsandI said:

I am lost in this traffic.  What is of voided contract you seek for my opinion?

https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-giants

Release L. Williams and you'll see the cap hit change.

Release Sterling Shepard who also has dead money assigned if released it doesn't change the current or future cap but there is still dead money assigned to his contract.  

However, now that I'm messing around with OTC release options it doesn't look like they all work.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I knew something was wrong with the values when I was messing around with my team roster.  Should have kept my original formulas that we knew worked.  

The SUMIF vs SUM(IF are not the same even though they are supposed to be.  That screwed up the dead money.

Just glad we got it worked out with time to spare.

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-york-giants

Release L. Williams and you'll see the cap hit change.

Release Sterling Shepard who also has dead money assigned if released it doesn't change the current or future cap but there is still dead money assigned to his contract.  

However, now that I'm messing around with OTC release options it doesn't look like they all work.

Oh... I believed I said before somewhere in this thread.

Zero base salary means UFA.  No question about that.  However, since voided year is part of contract he remains on the roster until the new league year kicks off.

He is basically UFA on your roster for now, hence his dead money is already counted.  Releasing him won't affect dead money as it remains the same.

That is why I ask you to make an exemption for Tom Brady.  He is retiring so you can override the doc's formula to make it a June 1 designation (splitting dead money into two years) for him.

Edited by JetsandI