Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Sounds right.

No that number doesn't sound bad.  You'll typically land 2 to 3 of the ufa/resign bids providing you aren't offering the min values.  

Let me see if I can find last years fa bidding data to share.

Not sure how much this will help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bvMIjQUad0SyTVRWpHj34YFQjR5la5uWw084A4I7gJg/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Hopefully I'm not repeating a question that has already been answered, but here goes:

Is there a way to extend a player and reduce his 2023 cap hit?  I can't seem to get it to work.  I know there was some discussion about this earlier but I didn't see where it went and I don't know what page(s) it was on to go back and look.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

17 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Hopefully I'm not repeating questions that have already been answered, but here goes:

1)  We can only restructure 3 players, correct?

2)  Is there a way to extend a player and reduce his 2023 cap hit?  I can't seem to get it to work.  I know there was some discussion about this earlier but I didn't see where it went and I don't know what page(s) it was on to go back and look.

It was within the last two pages, because it was me asking. I would clarify, but I think to some degree it’s different for every player.

6 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

It was within the last two pages, because it was me asking. I would clarify, but I think to some degree it’s different for every player.

Wasn't your conversation about reserve contracts and UFA signings and re-signings?  I'm wondering about extending players already under contract to lower their 2023 cap hit.

Although, I now see where Mike said he is going to remove the base salary difference requirements for extensions.  Do you mean you're removing the 30% rule @ny92mike?

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I posted some roster cuts in the league office thread, do I also need to do it in the workbook? If so where do I do that at?

I'm going to do some restructures. 

Go to the tab in the workbook named "ONE", and next to the player's name on the left (STAT column) you can choose ACT (active), CUT, or J1 (post June 1st release).

Last two questions @ny92mike

1) Not trying to pick on anyone, but can Tampa really have $33M in available cap after starting -$55Mill ?? Mostly joking, but I try to stay realistic on these things. Which always bites me in free agency because somehow I have teams who start $20M + behind me outbidding me for talent. I'm sure a Brady retirement helped, but damn! I had the same thing cross my mind when NWO RFA tagged Juwan Johnson. Like how y'all got $2.5 M available? LoL

I'm handling them on another site in a similar exercise and had to choose between an ERFA tag for Throckmorton and RFA tender for Juwan. So Juwan is leaving. Also Jake Luton is my starting QB pre-draft over there. Rules slightly different, but point remains. 

2) Question 2, for first round of FA bids, it doesn't matter how low the bid is, just that I'm meeting the "Adjusted Required APY" in the Free Agency workbook, correct?