2022 Divisional Round: NFC 6) New York Giants @ 1) Philadelphia Eagles

notthatbluestuff

Who wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Giants
    • Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/22/2023 at 01:15 AM

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

NFC was really bad this year. Outside of the the Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys, the whole conference was terrible. And I think those three teams feasted on a bad conference. But Eagles and 49ers are still elite teams. But the Top 3 AFC teams are all better imo. 

For me:

Elite Teams:

1. Bills

2. Chiefs

3. Bengals 

4. 49ers

5. Eagles

Pretty good teams:

6. Cowboys

7. Dolphins with Tua healthy (with Tua, they were going toe to toe with anyone)

8. Ravens with Lamar healthy

9. Jaguars

10. Chargers

Vikings would have gotten smacked by any healthy AFC healthy playoff team, they were frauds. All seven seeds. Giants, Bucs, and Seahawks would have also gotten smacked by any healthy AFC playoff team. 

How would you compare the nfc this year to last year in terms of top teams. Rams Bucs Packers of 2021 to the 49ers eagles cowboys of 2022

Edited by CP3MVP

I get that the Chiefs, Bengals, and Bills have the three best QBs in football, but the Eagles and 49ers have the best rosters in football(and Hurts has been a top 5 QB this year). This idea that all three of those teams are just better than the other NFC teams seems….. very wrong to me. Could they all win on a neutral field? Sure. Is the on field product actually better than what the best of the NFC offers? I don’t see it. 

Also, feel like the NFC had some late risers that barely missed the playoffs that were better than their record. Namely the Lions and Packers. The NFC South was garbage and that definitely puts the conference as a whole back, but overall the competition in the conference was solid even if the AFC was better. I do feel like at the top the NFC is just as good as the AFC though. 

Tbh this playoffs is shaking up well for the NFC. Mahomes sprains his ankle. Allen is turning over the football at a very regular rate. The Bengals are getting hurt at the wrong time. It’ll be an interesting finish coming up here regardless. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

NFC was really bad this year. Outside of the the Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys, the whole conference was terrible. And I think those three teams feasted on a bad conference. But Eagles and 49ers are still elite teams. But the Top 3 AFC teams are all better imo. 

For me:

Elite Teams:

1. Bills

2. Chiefs

3. Bengals 

4. 49ers

5. Eagles

Pretty good teams:

6. Cowboys

7. Dolphins with Tua healthy (with Tua, they were going toe to toe with anyone)

8. Ravens with Lamar healthy

9. Jaguars

10. Chargers

Vikings would have gotten smacked by any healthy AFC healthy playoff team, they were frauds. All seven seeds. Giants, Bucs, and Seahawks would have also gotten smacked by any healthy AFC playoff team. 

Washington wasn’t terrible. They went 8-8-1 with Taylor Heinicke and Wentz starting and had one of the toughest schedules in football. Probably in the playoffs if Rivera doesn’t start Wentz against Cleveland. Great, no but certainly not terrible. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Giants, Bucs, and Seahawks would have also gotten smacked by any healthy AFC playoff team. 

Can't speak for the Seahawks or Bucs, but I do know not only did a healthy Raven and Jaguar team not smack the Giants both of them lost to the Giants. 

7 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Can't speak for the Seahawks or Bucs, but I do know not only did a healthy Raven and Jaguar team not smack the Giants both of them lost to the Giants. 

Exactly.  This absurd notion that the AFC wasn't a 3 horse race as well is laughable.