GB's and Jerry Straps: Dallas at TB

HDsportsfan

GB: obvious

JS: how bout all the dropped INTs?

I must have seen 5. 2 in particular were Parsons, although he did vat the pass down, it could have been a pick, LVE had like 2 or 3 that should have veen picks, among other players.

I know im being knit-picky here, but just think about if we did snare 2 or 3 picks in that game?

One things for sure, we are going to need them this week.

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ll add some love for Israel Mukuamu and Chauncey Golston - after not playing much all season, they balled.

And Tyler Smith, man. He hasn’t been perfect this year, but they’ve given him the Byron Jones rookie experience (switching him around everywhere) and instead of being overwhelmed, he’s just gotten better. 

Mukuamu had a monster game. He's developing quite nicely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Phew, I was worried Dak might pass Cooper Rush on # of good teams beaten. This is reassuring.

Yeah, I can see how it can be really confusing to people who really don’t understand football… but, yeah, 8-10 teams are not “good.”  And, teams that give up more points than they score are not “good.”  Luckily for Dak, he will actually play a good team this week.  Granted, this good team is playing with their rookie 3rd string QB who was literally one pick away from being an UDFA.  Now, Dak was able to beat the eagles with their back up QB.  So, maybe Dak has a chance to catch up to cooper Rush but I’m not confident.

53 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Yeah, I can see how it can be really confusing to people who really don’t understand football… but, yeah, 8-10 teams are not “good.”  And, teams that give up more points than they score are not “good.”  Luckily for Dak, he will actually play a good team this week.  Granted, this good team is playing with their rookie 3rd string QB who was literally one pick away from being an UDFA.  Now, Dak was able to beat the eagles with their back up QB.  So, maybe Dak has a chance to catch up to cooper Rush but I’m not confident.

Ah, thanks for explaining it. These complex football concepts are tough for me to understand sometimes. I’m grateful you are here to break it down, otherwise I’d carry on thinking ridiculous things like Cooper Rush’s win against the 5-12 Rams was less impressive than a road playoff win. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Ah, thanks for explaining it. These complex football concepts are tough for me to understand sometimes. I’m grateful you are here to break it down, otherwise I’d carry on thinking ridiculous things like Cooper Rush’s win against the 5-12 Rams was less impressive than a road playoff win. 

No worries.  Any time you need me to break it down for you I'm happy to do so.  As a point of reference (although it's not perfect it's helpful), you can always refer to this...

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/average-scoring-margin

As you can see nearly every team with a positive average scoring margin made the playoffs.  The anomalies come with teams like Minnesota and TB.  So, while TB is technically a playoff team, that has more to do systematically than it has to do with talent.  Clearly, TB only made the playoffs because the system requires every division be represented in the playoffs (no matter how much the team sucks).  When it comes to putting a good football product on the field, TB averages losing by 3 points week in week out.  So beating a team that proved itself to be a losing team in the playoffs really is a whole lot to brag about.  But, if you want to brag about beating a losing team... whatever floats your boat.

Interesting side note... SF leads in the NFL in average scoring margin.  Now, if Dak manages to beat SF (even with its 3rd string rookie QB), I think the argument that Dak can't beat good teams gets diminished.

3 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

No worries.  Any time you need me to break it down for you I'm happy to do so.  As a point of reference (although it's not perfect it's helpful), you can always refer to this...

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/average-scoring-margin

As you can see nearly every team with a positive average scoring margin made the playoffs.  The anomalies come with teams like Minnesota and TB.  So, while TB is technically a playoff team, that has more to do systematically than it has to do with talent.  Clearly, TB only made the playoffs because the system requires every division be represented in the playoffs (no matter how much the team sucks).  When it comes to putting a good football product on the field, TB averages losing by 3 points week in week out.  So beating a team that proved itself to be a losing team in the playoffs really is a whole lot to brag about.  But, if you want to brag about beating a losing team... whatever floats your boat.

Interesting side note... SF leads in the NFL in average scoring margin.  Now, if Dak manages to beat SF (even with its 3rd string rookie QB), I think the argument that Dak can't beat good teams gets diminished.

You just can't let it die can you? Jesus. I have never seen someone root so hard against their own guys and team. It's amazing and quite frankly tiresome. 

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

GB: Dak, Parsons, Pollard, Schultz, CD, OL, Gallup, Muk, 

JS: Maher, Zeke, Noah

I have a question, because I can’t remember any onside kicks from earlier in the season. But Noah Brown can’t be the regular recovery guy can he? That was more like a, let’s not lose an important player to injury type of thing, right? 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I have a question, because I can’t remember any onside kicks from earlier in the season. But Noah Brown can’t be the regular recovery guy can he? That was more like a, let’s not lose an important player to injury type of thing, right? 

Why wouldn't be a "hands" guy on the onside kick team.

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

You? Knit-picky?  I don’t believe it. 

Well, for as well as some guys played they, to quote the panty raider, left a lot if meat on the bone.

4 points in extra points, dropped INTs, muffed on side kick, etc.

Yes, they won. But if you expect this team to win or compete for a championship, they cannot afford to miss these opportunities.

3 hours ago, D82 said:

You just can't let it die can you? Jesus. I have never seen someone root so hard against their own guys and team. It's amazing and quite frankly tiresome. 

I have NEVER ROOTED AGAINST Dak.  I think he’s incredibly overpaid for what he brings.  And, i hate what he did with his contract situation… as should ALL Cowboys fans.  If you compare what Dak did compared to Mahomes (who is legitimately a GREAT QB), Dak hurt the team.  I don’t even think that’s debatable.  

I think of Dak the same way I think of Zeke.  They are both overpaid for what they contribute.  In fact, far too often Dak actually hurts the team with dumbarse TOs.  The difference is we can get rid of Zeke (and should) at the end of the year.  We are stuck with Dak.  So, until he lives up to his contract, I’m going to let him have it.  

7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I have NEVER ROOTED AGAINST Dak.  I think he’s incredibly overpaid for what he brings.  And, i hate what he did with his contract situation… as should ALL Cowboys fans.  If you compare what Dak did compared to Mahomes (who is legitimately a GREAT QB), Dak hurt the team.  I don’t even think that’s debatable.  

I think of Dak the same way I think of Zeke.  They are both overpaid for what they contribute.  In fact, far too often Dak actually hurts the team with dumbarse TOs.  The difference is we can get rid of Zeke (and should) at the end of the year.  We are stuck with Dak.  So, until he lives up to his contract, I’m going to let him have it.  

I'm neither an apologist nor hater towards Dak, but you can't blame the guy, he did what he had to do. Your anger is directed and the wrong person on that, you need to blame the JJ/SJ for waiting two years.

• Like 1