Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

11 minutes ago, D82 said:

It's a team game. Every winning franchise makes moves to better the team and put their QB in position for success. 

Dallas settles for less. 

If you know that the Front Office has not and will not change, then the only person that can turn the tide is the QB. The Bengals were a laughing stock for years, until they landed on Joe Burrow. A talented, transcendent thrower of the football.

These playoff losses aren’t all on Dak. We all know he’s set up organizationally to fail by Jerry Jones. But his talent and play at QB is not good enough to lift this team above it. Paying him big money again would be an exercise in futility.

Edited by Tony7188

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I get what you're saying, but the reality is, there really is no easy schedule.

The formula is you continue to dominate the division, perhaps get past the Eagles. Host an NFC East team or a decent matchup team as a #2 or 1, and then get a washed up Rogers at home. At some point, someone in this conference will figure out how to beat the 49ers. Rams got lucky last year. Or Purdy falls off and Lance gets injured again. As far as the division, the NFCE is not as strong is it looks on paper this year.Still a two horse race there. Besting the Eagles should remain the priority, then the 49ers as they are on the schedule.

Just now, The_Slamman said:

Warning:  IM GOING TO BE CRITICAL OF DAK.  PLEASE DONT LEAVE THE FORUM

When the QB leads the league in INTs despite missing 5 games and throws 2 more in the the playoff loss (when we actually had momentum in our favor)… it’s disingenuous to blame anyone other than the QB.  

He's certainly to blame for a lot. I've always maintained, and no one can find posts indicating otherwise, it's a team win/loss sport almost like none other. There are a lot of peeps at the top of the list up there with him as well as non-players. I think Shultz's 2 plays on the last drive kind of sums up this team as a whole.

28 minutes ago, quiller said:

typical...  I know I supported Schultz as a play maker and he is...  he has made plays this year that equal what SF got from Kittle this game...  but that last plays put Dallas in perspective too many just not completing the play properly..

While the D did enough based on score to win this game, the reality was in "game" time the D failed to make the plays needed for the win...  gave up a 90 plus yard TD drive to give SF the lead...  the Diggs interception... Let SF get TWO first downs with under 2 minutes ...   

BUT ZERO EXCUSE FOR THIS OFFENSE TO ONLY SCORE 12 POINTS.....

YEAH...  this game will do nothing to help Moore move on as head coach...

this game also will continue also all the Dak sucks debate..

really really made a huge difference in loosing Pollard.. took away all our intermediate plays and running game.....

what a pity...     

side note all the hype Bosa and Parsons, both were NON factors in the game...

Pollard's loss wasn't as bad as you make it sound.

There was a pivotal point in this game that I highlites as it was happening. And our star QB fuked it up.

That last drive before the half, we had a chance to go up by at least 3, possibly 7.

Then go for the kill shot in the 3rd Quarter with a long drive ending in 6.

The chance was there. We had them on the ropes. Putting a rookie QB in a position to score twice against a stout defense puts all the pressure on them.

It was the key moment in the game. And we blew it. 

Sure Turpin not taking the open field, the 2 flags that gave SF their TD, the dropped INT by Diggs that would have kept points off the board, sure.

But that drive before the half was the game.

SF made a play and got points and Dak sheat the bed.

2 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

The formula is you continue to dominate the division, perhaps get past the Eagles. Host an NFC East team or a decent matchup team as a #2 or 1, and then get a washed up Rogers at home. At some point, someone in this conference will figure out how to beat the 49ers. Rams got lucky last year. Or Purdy falls off and Lance gets injured again. As far as the division, the NFCE is not as strong is it looks on paper this year.Still a two horse race there. Besting the Eagles should remain the priority, then the 49ers as they are on the schedule.

Again I get what you're saying and some good points. The only thing I would caution about are the Giants. It can go either way very easily with the Giants.

Thank you Dallas84Ware for a little spot of realism.   Some takes of mine 

1 Like Moore but IMO he tries too hard at times to "trick" the other team.  I also think he struggles when you take him out of his comfort zone.   This second half we struggled to adapt to not having Lamb. The play calling changed to WR screens to Lamb mixed in with go routes.  

2 It is interesting that also this team played real sloppy especially in the second half.  Saw some positive plays from players in the first half.. but NOT much in the second. 

3 Parsons being a non factor is a huge issue IMO is it he was just worn out from going against players 40-50 lbs heavier all game or was the scheme not fixed to adjust to what SF was doing against him.  

What also really really bugs me as a proclaimed Dallas cowboy die hard fan for over 45 plus years is that other fans seem to "expect" players to play at their worse.  this I expect some one to play bad...   WHY... why don't you expect some one to play "good", or like they have in say over 90 % of their career games and in their latest game.  Just crazy to me...   oh well.

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

If you know that the Front Office has not and will not change, then the only person that can turn the tide is the QB. The Bengals were a laughing stock for years, until they landed on Joe Burrow. A talented, transcendent thrower of the football.

These playoff losses aren’t all on Dak. We all know he’s set up organizationally to fail by Jerry Jones. But his talent and play at QB is not good enough to lift this team above it. Paying him big money again would be an exercise in futility.

sure Burrow's has been great but if you think Cincy is doing what they are with our Chase as their WR then don't know what to tell you..  Chase makes that offense what it is...  just like today if Kittle did not make some of those plays he did today.. primarily that circus catch then I give us great odds at winning today.  But this is just probably sour grapes from me as again I saw nothing from this game that told me that beating SF was impossible  EVEN with the two interceptions. 

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

He also nearly threw 3 more; one of which would’ve been a TAINT.

Hey plan, do you know it's been 18 years since our time on that DC com forum? LOL just had to point that out. We old dude.

Anyway This is very fair. He had some bad throws. what I think a lot of folks disregard is how often some of the leagues best also "almost throw 3 picks" or make a bad throw. With our team, every bad throw and every mistake becomes the only story and not a chapter in the story. Whereas with other fan bases of other teams, those mistakes are taken harshly, but don't override every other part of the story. 

It reminds me of the same stuff we used to read about Romo. And 15 years from now whatever QB is throwing passes for Dallas, we will be hearing the same things, and watch them also followed up by "Man, wish we had Dak again." Just as we see of Romo now whilst watching Dak.

We all love this team. A gut wrenching loss is vomit worthy when you invest so much of your free time into caring for these games. But having a high school breakup-esque emotional response to every bad play, every loss, just becomes so silly. And every "we will win it all!" over reaction to every win and every good throw is just as silly. It really is easy to understand why the majority of the NFL fan world despises Cowboy fans. I'm not saying Philly folk and their Santa snow ball crap and cheering for Irvins career ending injury isn't despicable...but it's sad when a fanbase like that garners more respect among fanbases than ours. And it's all in the reactions we the fans have to every single play. 

Allen threw a ton of picks this year and got destroyed in his playoff game today. I don't think anyone in Buffalo is talking about replacing him. 

Only. In. Dallas.

8 minutes ago, quiller said:

Thank you Dallas84Ware for a little spot of realism.   Some takes of mine 

1 Like Moore but IMO he tries too hard at times to "trick" the other team.  I also think he struggles when you take him out of his comfort zone.   This second half we struggled to adapt to not having Lamb. The play calling changed to WR screens to Lamb mixed in with go routes.  

2 It is interesting that also this team played real sloppy especially in the second half.  Saw some positive plays from players in the first half.. but NOT much in the second. 

3 Parsons being a non factor is a huge issue IMO is it he was just worn out from going against players 40-50 lbs heavier all game or was the scheme not fixed to adjust to what SF was doing against him.  

What also really really bugs me as a proclaimed Dallas cowboy die hard fan for over 45 plus years is that other fans seem to "expect" players to play at their worse.  this I expect some one to play bad...   WHY... why don't you expect some one to play "good", or like they have in say over 90 % of their career games and in their latest game.  Just crazy to me...   oh well.

We "expect" bad play because, as I have pointed out, this team is weak willed, not disciplined, unaccountable. This all shows up on the biggest stages, when the lights are brightest. 

And it all stems from the FO. They hire Yes Men as HC. These guys rely on the talent of players, they never get in a players grill.

How many times has Parsons had to chew players out in the locker room this year?

That's the coach's job!

Is it even really worth being upset over? It was a good season. Back to back 12+ win games… Niners have just been a thorn in the side. Is what it is. I’m not going to be spoiled about it or upset in any way, really. Only one team will win it all… doesn’t mean you should outraged and irrationally upset when it doesn’t go your way. 

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Is it even really worth being upset over? It was a good season. Back to back 12+ win games… Niners have just been a thorn in the side. Is what it is. I’m not going to be spoiled about it or upset in any way, really. Only one team will win it all… doesn’t mean you should outraged and irrationally upset when it doesn’t go your way. 

For me, and probably several others, it's not so much being irrational. It's a matter of the same 'ol same 'ol for literally decades now. We weren't supposed to do squat this year but yet we did very well. You have to take advantage of these opportunities. They don't come around all that often. if we had not turned the ball over or dropped our own picks and simply lost a hard-fought game. Then that would be different. Purdy and Dak threw for almost the same yards. But also, Dak needs more talent around him.

As I've mentioned to you before (I think it was you), many of us lived the 80's and 90's teams.

Edited by HDsportsfan