AFC Championship - Chiefs

THE DUKE

34 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don't know about you guys, but I have always preferred the idea of paying Wilson to Pratt - and I definitely don't think we retain both. To me there's something about Pratt having a career year the year he needs to get paid that rubs me the wrong way, while Wilson has been consistently good and flashed great peaks pretty much since he's been the starter. 

It will be interesting if Anarumo thinks ADG can fill Pratt's void. He's had his flashes too, albeit in extremely limited playing time.

Yep. I do think Pratt has continually improved every year, so career year this year makes sense, but I'm not trying to pay him what he thinks he's worth or play him on third down.

Pratt is certainly more proven than ADG. He's good in pass defense and made the play that broke the 30 year playoff winless streak last year vs the Raiders. I'm open to bringing him back, depending on how much he wants and what the team has available if they extend Burrow. 

15 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Pratt is certainly more proven than ADG. He's good in pass defense and made the play that broke the 30 year playoff winless streak last year vs the Raiders. I'm open to bringing him back, depending on how much he wants and what the team has available if they extend Burrow. 

Depends on the price.  I'd rather pay Higgins $21 million a year than Pratt $15 million a year if it's one or the other.  A LOT of chatter on Twitter about Mixon maybe being a cap casualty, but I assume that's mostly speculation.

10 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Depends on the price.  I'd rather pay Higgins $21 million a year than Pratt $15 million a year if it's one or the other.  A LOT of chatter on Twitter about Mixon maybe being a cap casualty, but I assume that's mostly speculation.

I think it makes a ton of sense to let Mixon go.  He doesn't really fit the offense anymore tbh.  They need a guy who can pass protect and doesn't *have* to come off the field on 3rd down.  Perine is fine, and he can continue to spell a new back.  But they need someone who can pass protect, play 3rd downs, and give the team more juice on those checkdowns that became very prevalent this year.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I think it makes a ton of sense to let Mixon go.  He doesn't really fit the offense anymore tbh.  They need a guy who can pass protect and doesn't *have* to come off the field on 3rd down.  Perine is fine, and he can continue to spell a new back.  But they need someone who can pass protect, play 3rd downs, and give the team more juice on those checkdowns that became very prevalent this year.

Agreed. Which could be a vet signing and a rookie 4th rounder. Call me crazy, but I love Eric Gray from Oklahoma. Not sure his pass protection skills, but he seems like an all around back who can catch and be a weapon for us 

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Nobody is going to pay Pratt 15 mil. Probably not Wilson either. They are both basically Mike linebackers and those don't make a lot of money generally. Roquan Smith is an exception as is Fred Warner. Wilson can likely get 10 mil per on an extension, maybe as much as 12. Pratt will get less than that, likely 7-8 mil. 

12 minutes ago, pf9 said:

That game-sealing penalty must have brought back memories of the 2015 wild card game against the Steelers, the game that ended up being the beginning of the end for Marvin Lewis.

I was just saying that to someone yesterday. I'm more mad at the refs for the last series with the uncalled block in the back and holding than at Ossai for his correctly called late hit. 

18 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Nobody is going to pay Pratt 15 mil. Probably not Wilson either. They are both basically Mike linebackers and those don't make a lot of money generally. Roquan Smith is an exception as is Fred Warner. Wilson can likely get 10 mil per on an extension, maybe as much as 12. Pratt will get less than that, likely 7-8 mil. 

I was just saying that to someone yesterday. I'm more mad at the refs for the last series with the uncalled block in the back and holding than at Ossai for his correctly called late hit. 

I honestly see Pratt making 10 mill + and same with Wilson with an extension. 

On 2/1/2023 at 3:19 PM, sparky151 said:

Might be a good call.  PFF is projecting 3 years, 24.75M.  They're generally pretty accurate.  I think they can and should bring him back at that price.

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

based on the numbers PFF did, we should bring back Pratt and Bell. Let the rest walk

I'm not sure in who's mind Hurst's 414 yards and 2 TDs in this offense somehow makes him worth nearly $10 million a year over 3 years.