Week 21 - Conference Finals

Leader

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

The penalty is on the intent of the defensive player trying to hurt the offensive player... Not illegal contact, not interference, but the fact that one man playing the game went out of their way to hurt the other player, or as they call it rough the other player. So it's not as simple as watching physically gifted human flying at each other. It's whether or not they are making a malicious intent to hurt someone. That didn't happen on that play. It was a bad call. 

I'm familiar with the actual rule and I'm certain he violated it.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think that's relevant. Every late hit doesn't affect the play, but certainly we still need that category of penalties right?

I guess. 

Still consistently losing sight of the fact I started my first post on this with the hold I think they missed on the same play where he was trying to rip off a dudes head.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Just to be exact.....

Mahomes ran out of bounds at the Cincy 42.  There were 3 seconds on the clock - so no time to run another play (unless they tried a Hail Mary).

So it would have been a 57 yard FG attempt.  Not easy.

He probably misses. I swore there was more time though. 

Either way, he misses and you live to see OT and that 15 yards made it a pretty high percentage kick for Butker. 

Obviously the LB there isn't thinking about EXACTLY how many yards the FG is right at that moment.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Just to be exact.....

Mahomes ran out of bounds at the Cincy 42.  There were 3 seconds on the clock - so no time to run another play (unless they tried a Hail Mary).

So it would have been a 57 yard FG attempt.  Not easy.

If the guy chasing him stops the pursuit, why should Mahomes go out of bounds?

Just now, Toddfather said:

df0.gif

Hm, yeah. One of us has, you know, reality on our side. You are part of a vocal minority and are clearing implying you know the rules better than the literal experts 😬

When that happens, you probably want to be REALLY confident of your position. Like have spent months researching it.

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

He probably misses. I swore there was more time though. 

Either way, he misses and you live to see OT and that 15 yards made it a pretty high percentage kick for Butker. 

Obviously the LB there isn't thinking about EXACTLY how many yards the FG is right at that moment.

The FG play ended with 3 seconds left.  I think it started with 8 seconds

• Like 1