Week 21 - Conference Finals

Leader

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So as a defender we're damned if we do, damned if we don't? I'm going to need a 4th drink.

Yup.  

Rules are slanted to the offense.  Can't hit the QB low.  Can't hit then in the head with your arm.  Can't land on them.  Can't spin them down. 

Can't hit ( accidentally) a WR in the head/face with your hands, but a RB/WR can stiffarm punch a defender in the face/ head.

Just now, squire12 said:

Yup.  

Rules are slanted to the offense.  Can't hit the QB low.  Can't hit then in the head with your arm.  Can't land on them.  Can't spin them down. 

Can't hit ( accidentally) a WR in the head/face with your hands, but a RB/WR can stiffarm punch a defender in the face/ head.

Defense can throw punches though, at the football.

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

O players going out to bounds should have to fall down immediately, stopping all momentum, no matter how fast they are going so nobody can "hit" them

Could make a 45 degree angle rule. 

If ball carrier is aging oob at 45 degrees or more you can't hit them.  If it's less, they are fair game

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

If ball carrier is aging oob at 45 degrees or more you can't hit them.  If it's less, they are fair game

Refs be out there holding protractors over their tablets.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

They do have wording in the actual rule allowing for grace if it's "not obvious" the player is going OOB. And quite frankly the refs do a really excellent job making that distinction. Botched late hit OOB calls aren't that common. 

This latest example is a textbook case of getting it correct.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

This has a real "there's missing children in my town" vibe to it, FYI

Not sure what your fantasies are like, but I recommend you to watch the Seinfeld episode about the rental car that I was referencing.. If not, I'm sure there is a hotline you can call... God speed! 

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Not sure what your fantasies are like, but I recommend you to watch the Seinfeld episode about the rental car that I was referencing.. If not, I'm sure there is a hotline you can call... God speed! 

I know Seinfeld really well (legit on in the background now). I got that reference. But not the weird "sweetie" and "beating the hell out of it" post. That definitely wasn't Seinfeld and it was creepy.