2023 - Total Control Mock Draft MEDIA Outlets

Ghostnote

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders are open to moving up or down at the #7 pick. Derek Carr is available for trade. And the team is likely going to tag Josh Jacobs but are open to a tag / trade deal if someone is willing to offer a premium pick.

Are you going to be able to trade Carr? His guarantees vest before the trade window opens in real life. He's said he won't extend the date on which they vest so I think you'll have to release him to avoid the 40 mil in cap hits. 

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Are you going to be able to trade Carr? His guarantees vest before the trade window opens in real life. He's said he won't extend the date on which they vest so I think you'll have to release him to avoid the 40 mil in cap hits. 

We might just run it back with him, we're undecided.

Yeah, if I were Raiders, I'd keep Carr unless you're confident of getting someone better. At this early date, it's hard to be confident of that.

Bengals aren't really looking to move anyone, but our trade block is everyone on the team but Burrow and Chase. Mixon would be cheap, like 5th or 6th round, others will be more. Several teams wanted Tee Higgins last year and his price hasn't gone down. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, if I were Raiders, I'd keep Carr unless you're confident of getting someone better. At this early date, it's hard to be confident of that.

Bengals aren't really looking to move anyone, but our trade block is everyone on the team but Burrow and Chase. Mixon would be cheap, like 5th or 6th round, others will be more. Several teams wanted Tee Higgins last year and his price hasn't gone down. 

I am not sure there is anyone on the open market that is better than Derek Carr. 

The Las Vegas Raiders have made it clear they are intent on trading Josh Jacobs before they have to pay him. It seems like the NFL has gotten to that point again where we are shifting the mindset on the value of running backs in the league. Las Vegas has made it clear they want good compensation, but you have to know the market for a top teir RB against the willingness to pay him. 

Jacobs is worth the money, but what team or front office has shifted the mentality that RB's are a commodity and should be kept around? 

Frankly, this media guy doesn't see many suitors in the way of draft picks for Jacobs. Especially because they know they are going to have to pay him, as well as give up 2 first round picks if he is tagged. Ultimately, there are only a handful of teams that could entertain taking on Josh Jacobs such as Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

The question is, will any of them actually pull the trigger. 

News broke that there is a yard sale in LA for Rams that are on the roster. One of the downfalls of having a Superbowl team is the explosion of salaries after you win the big game. The genius that was to mortgage draft picks for veterans doesn't seem to be as savvy as one might think. 

It's an older style to building a team, and if you get a group of veterans together who are not past the prime of their careers but have a few years left, could certainly come together for a common motive. Once that achievement is unlocked, the green paper flood gates can only hold so much and teams have to strip down to a shell and rebuild themselves back up. 

LA has a lot of picks in the 2023 draft, but they are no earlier than the middle of the 2nd round with many coming on Day 3 of the draft. Should be an exciting reboot or rebuild for the Rams. 

36 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

The Las Vegas Raiders have made it clear they are intent on trading Josh Jacobs before they have to pay him. It seems like the NFL has gotten to that point again where we are shifting the mindset on the value of running backs in the league. Las Vegas has made it clear they want good compensation, but you have to know the market for a top teir RB against the willingness to pay him. 

Jacobs is worth the money, but what team or front office has shifted the mentality that RB's are a commodity and should be kept around? 

Frankly, this media guy doesn't see many suitors in the way of draft picks for Jacobs. Especially because they know they are going to have to pay him, as well as give up 2 first round picks if he is tagged. Ultimately, there are only a handful of teams that could entertain taking on Josh Jacobs such as Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

The question is, will any of them actually pull the trigger. 

Solarbeam-at-night-that-me GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Like what you guys are doing with the team write ups.  Much appreciated in adding this element to tcmd.

What do you guys think about doing the GM interviews as we lead up to the start of this mock?

@Ghostnote

I am just trying to add some sarcasm to the items. 

I don't have an issue doing GM interviews. Just tell me when the start of the draft happens so I can align hem prior to. 

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

I am just trying to add some sarcasm to the items. 

I don't have an issue doing GM interviews. Just tell me when the start of the draft happens so I can align hem prior to. 

Thanks man.  I should have the schedule worked out over the weekend.

4 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMGNLaxxX3kvk-EusAnENBqIjAVeBeSyAQlF_le4PIY/edit?usp=sharing

This is from a few years ago, but if you'd be interested in using this for the GM interviews, I could come up with some questions or if you'd like to just send them to me and I can load it into the form.  Or if you'd rather do it manually I'm good with that too.

Just now, ny92mike said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMGNLaxxX3kvk-EusAnENBqIjAVeBeSyAQlF_le4PIY/edit?usp=sharing

This is from a few years ago, but if you'd be interested in using this for the GM interviews, I could come up with some questions or if you'd like to just send them to me and I can load it into the form.  Or if you'd rather do it manually I'm good with that too.

@EaglesPeteC I think you came up with the questions for this would you care to manage this?

New York Giants:

The front office is in discussions with both Daniel Jones and Barkley in getting a long term deal worked out.  Unfortunately, the team waiting too long to get an extension worked out so odds are they will be forced to use the franchise tag on one while the other one the team will be forced to over bid in free agency in an attempt to retain his services.